• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Hinton

Draft Night

Re: Amir Hinton

Goodness ... feeling old.

These kids getting drafted all look like they should be at the prom.

Comment

Amir will not get drafted. lol

Comment

He signed a non drafted free agent contract with the Knicks this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bvillejoe View Post
          He signed a non drafted free agent contract with the Knicks this morning.
          G-League is where he is going.

Comment

Not sure the Knicks can afford to send him to the G league. He led D II in scoring last year. A buck says he plays next season in the Big Apple...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              Not sure the Knicks can afford to send him to the G league. He led D II in scoring last year. A buck says he plays next season in the Big Apple...
              I feel like if that does happen, it would be an indictment on Knicks terrible operation from top to bottom than it being Hinton's skill.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                I feel like if that does happen, it would be an indictment on Knicks terrible operation from top to bottom than it being Hinton's skill.
                What a bad organization.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  What a bad organization.
                  Actually more an AWFUL OWNER than bad management. There really isn't management as much as paper shufflers for DOLAN. Neither the KNICKS or RANGERS will ever win anything until he decides to sell. And since the teams plus MSG are money printing machines that's not happening anytime soon.

Comment

Hinton is on something called an "Exhibit 10" contract. According to what I read, this is for players that are bound for an NBA's G-League team and is a cut below the "Two Way Contract" that NBA teams have with up to two players on their G-League team (this contract allows those players to play for up to 45-days with the NBA team). Exhibit 10 contracts give the player a $50,000 bonus and allows them to participate in the NBA teams summer team and pre-season camp.

While there is no hard and fast rule to who an NBA team can "bring up" from their G League team, kind of the "pecking order" for call-ups are the Two Way Contract players first, then players on Exhibit 10 contracts then other G League players.

Comment

I hope he does well. He can ball. Obviously.

Comment

Someday I'll tell you why Joe didn't get him last August.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Someday I'll tell you why Joe didn't get him last August.
                          hmmmm???

Comment

So I was watching some NYN action in the summer league. Amir Hinton has met his match. There is no more destroying guys off the dribble. Defensively he looks lost. He got a lot of playing time against Toronto because the starting 5 sucked so bad. Things look bleak for the Nicks.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              So I was watching some NYN action in the summer league. Amir Hinton has met his match. There is no more destroying guys off the dribble. Defensively he looks lost. He got a lot of playing time against Toronto because the starting 5 sucked so bad. Things look bleak for the Nicks.
                              Weather we want to believe it or not, there is a big difference between DII and the NBA (even summer league!). Heck, no matter what a DII team does in an October scrimmage, there is a big difference between DII and D1!!

My estimation is that a good (great?) DII team would struggle to be 500 in even the lowest D1 conference and probably would have ZERO wins in a P5 conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X