Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post

That would not surprise me. She only rarely seemed to be enjoying herself. If true, you would think a top PG transfer would recognize the opportunity for big minutes and title contention.
    Tom also has two all-state, high-profile guards on the way to Indiana.

When Tom benched her this year ... I saw all I needed to see from her attitude-wise.

Comment

• Indiana High sophomore-to-be Eve Fiala picked up an offer from Pitt. Ohio State offered her as a freshman last winter.

She's close to 6'4" and athletic. It won't be long until the big dogs come calling.

Her teammate, junior-to-be guard Hope Cook, has an IUP offer.

They also have another rising sophomore forward at 6'1" who should see offers soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Indiana High sophomore-to-be Eve Fiala picked up an offer from Pitt. Ohio State offered her as a freshman last winter.

She's close to 6'4" and athletic. It won't be long until the big dogs come calling.

Her teammate, junior-to-be guard Hope Cook, has an IUP offer.

They also have another rising sophomore forward at 6'1" who should see offers soon.
        What are they feeding those girls in Indiana county ???

Comment

• Some big local news ... Indiana High School junior-to-be guard Hope Cook has committed to IUP.

Her IHS teammate, 6'4" forward Eve Fiala (rising sophomore) also received an offer from Tom. However, she also has Pitt and Ohio State offers.

Comment

• Mary Fleig has retired as the women's coach at Millersville after a very successful 30-year career. The school announced it yesterday.

Comment

Mary Fleig has retired as the women's coach at Millersville after a very successful 30-year career. The school announced it yesterday.
              Maybe Kelly Mazzante will be a candidate for the opening? Last I heard she was an assistant at Bucknell after her successful stint at IUP.

If I were her agent I would tell her that she is sitting on a vertiable gold mine with her name and storied past. Time to get into the head coaching ranks and climb that ladder. It would not take long with her pedigree.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Maybe Kelly Mazzante will be a candidate for the opening? Last I heard she was an assistant at Bucknell after her successful stint at IUP.

If I were her agent I would tell her that she is sitting on a vertiable gold mine with her name and storied past. Time to get into the head coaching ranks and climb that ladder. It would not take long with her pedigree.

-
                She'd have had a job a couple years ago if she wanted it. Word around Indiana was she liked the first seat on the bench role. Less headaches, etc. Maybe someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                  Awesome player and outstanding coach but apparently just not driven to take on everything involved in being a head coach. Truly I can't figure out why she took the Asst job at Bucknell. As you say with her resume there is absolutely no reason why she shouldn't at the very least be HC at a top notch D2 program. Except she doesn't seem to want it.
                  The opposite personality type is Kaitlyn Fratz who at just 5 years from the '15 NC team is #2 Asst for the Maryland Terps and will probably be HC somewhere before she reaches 30. Totally driven since she graduated. An awful lot of being a coach is mental.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Awesome player and outstanding coach but apparently just not driven to take on everything involved in being a head coach. Truly I can't figure out why she took the Asst job at Bucknell. As you say with her resume there is absolutely no reason why she shouldn't at the very least be HC at a top notch D2 program. Except she doesn't seem to want it.
                    The opposite personality type is Kaitlyn Fratz who at just 5 years from the '15 NC team is #2 Asst for the Maryland Terps and will probably be HC somewhere before she reaches 30. Totally driven since she graduated. An awful lot of being a coach is mental.
                    Could be waiting for Tom to retire, too. Just sayin'

Comment

Could be waiting for Tom to retire, too. Just sayin'
                      Could be, but why go to BUCKNELL if she believes his retirement is on the horizon. He's 56 and seems to be enjoying himself which may be why KZ decided not to wait.

Comment

• Maria Cerro did not transfer. That's good news. She has a ton of upside. I think expectations were a little too high last year -- starting at PG in her first game as a true freshman for a national power program. She took some bumps last year but should take a big step this season. She has potential to be very good as a junior and senior.

Comment

Maria Cerro did not transfer. That's good news. She has a ton of upside. I think expectations were a little too high last year -- starting at PG in her first game as a true freshman for a national power program. She took some bumps last year but should take a big step this season. She has potential to be very good as a junior and senior.
                          Agreed, I just worried about her demeanor on the bench when she wasn't playing. She has to stay engaged and supportive!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Agreed, I just worried about her demeanor on the bench when she wasn't playing. She has to stay engaged and supportive!
                            No doubt. She seemed lost in the second half last year and, honestly, not real interested. Hopefully we can chalk that up to being young. I was worried last FEB that this may be Mo Burns all over again.

I put some of that on Tom. He kind of threw her to the wolves from Day 1 -- perhaps before she was ready. It also became real apparent -- real fast -- she was only allowed to be a distributing PG.

They'll be the Justina Mascaro and Courtney Alexander Show this season. Those two will draw so much attention it should really open some other things up. Maura D'Anna can be a total monster under the glass so long as she can stay out of foul trouble.

Tom's obviously to the point of reloading now and not rebuilding. That highly-coveted class from two years ago are all juniors now -- Fink, Lovelace, Cardona, etc. They also get Junior 6' Forward Teirra Preston back after she missed all of last season with an injury. Actually, she'll be a sophomore eligibility-wise after a medical redshirt.

Fink and Lovelace are stars in the making. But, neither really fits Tom's slow-down style. They are both runners and slashers. He may have to alter some things this year.

Comment

No doubt. She seemed lost in the second half last year and, honestly, not real interested. Hopefully we can chalk that up to being young. I was worried last FEB that this may be Mo Burns all over again.

I put some of that on Tom. He kind of threw her to the wolves from Day 1 -- perhaps before she was ready. It also became real apparent -- real fast -- she was only allowed to be a distributing PG.

They'll be the Justina Mascaro and Courtney Alexander Show this season. Those two will draw so much attention it should really open some other things up. Maura D'Anna can be a total monster under the glass so long as she can stay out of foul trouble.

Tom's obviously to the point of reloading now and not rebuilding. That highly-coveted class from two years ago are all juniors now -- Fink, Lovelace, Cardona, etc. They also get Junior 6' Forward Teirra Preston back after she missed all of last season with an injury. Actually, she'll be a sophomore eligibility-wise after a medical redshirt.

Fink and Lovelace are stars in the making. But, neither really fits Tom's slow-down style. They are both runners and slashers. He may have to alter some things this year.
                              I hope he does let them fly around a little and still keep the solid D. Could be fun.

Comment

• Tom's top assistant took a new job. Jocelyn Floyd is headed to UNC-Wilmington.

The ladies' roster is also posted. Maria Cerro is listed so I guess the transfer rumors are officially squashed. Two new freshmen. Tom has a ton back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X