Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Danny is like Joe. If you don't make that Top 7 you're likely in trouble.
    He should have noticed that three of those seven were freshmen.

Comment

VULCANS MBB '22-'23 schedule....

https://calvulcans.com/sports/mens-b...hedule/2022-23

MBB OOC is entirely different from '21-'22 except for FPU. Really important game on 11/12 vs WLU @ ASRC. VULCANS are 0-2 vs the TOPPERS and not likely to win this time around. The night before that DS faces WHEELING for the first time since..... Should be interesting if he decides it's time to show them they made a mistake. Other than those two it's LINCOLN, WVSU, @FPU and CHC.
      XO changes two games replacing WCU and MILL with @LHU and MANS.
      Roster not up yet. Waiting to see who hung around.

Comment

The wait is over. Very young VULCANS MBB team..6-FR, 2-RSFR, 8-SOPH, 1-RSJR and 1 SR. Nice change in hanging on to 9/11 true FR from 21-22 with 7 SO and 2 RSFR. BIG rebuilding is obvious since the need to fill the ALSTON GAP will not be entirely possible. PALEK and JIMERSON will be the heart of the front court with COLLINS running the game for DS. I've no idea where the scoring and court sense of PEGRAM and BOSWELL will come from but I'm confident the team will be solid if not in contention.....yet.

https://calvulcans.com/sports/mens-b...er?path=mbball

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          The wait is over. Very young VULCANS MBB team..6-FR, 2-RSFR, 8-SOPH, 1-RSJR and 1 SR. Nice change in hanging on to 9/11 true FR from 21-22 with 7 SO and 2 RSFR. BIG rebuilding is obvious since the need to fill the ALSTON GAP will not be entirely possible. PALEK and JIMERSON will be the heart of the front court with COLLINS running the game for DS. I've no idea where the scoring and court sense of PEGRAM and BOSWELL will come from but I'm confident the team will be solid if not in contention.....yet.

I have much respect for coach Sancomb. Never an easy out imho. He will develop them by March.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

They've got 3 solid pieces coming back from last years run and he recruited a few solid guys. They'll be fine.

Comment

Update on Phil Alston..
              #23 has 18 pts/10rbds in 82-57 exhibition win over NAIA Calumet. He played 21+ minutes. The regular season kicks off versus FDU in Chicago on Monday.
              Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-01-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

'22-'23 VULCANS MBB.....

Comment

I'd guess Danny is a little excited to play Wheeling in the opener.

Comment

I'd guess Danny is a little excited to play Wheeling in the opener.
                    Considering the CARDS are 39-66 under 3 coaches since they dumped Danny, it wouldn't seem necessary to exact any more payback but don't be surprised if he decides to run it up.

Comment

VULCANS go very young ( FR, 3-SO, RSJR) and manage to come out with a win. Overall shooting, 28-57, was acceptable but 3Pt, 5-22, definitely was not. The game was won at the line, 21-28, versus the CARDS 6-9. Curious why Bryson Lucas didn't play and Gabe Jimerson only got 2 minutes. I like Keith Palek a lot but he's not built to play 39 mpg. Entirely different game on Saturday evening. Hope they can stay in it at least for 30 minutes but time will tell.

Comment

Outstanding effort, 85-94 @ ASRC, by the young VULCANS in a game and site that not many are competitive. Palek 22 and McClurg 19 look to be stepping up to be the leaders of the new lineup. FG, 3PT and FT numbers were acceptable but losing the RB battle by 30-40 with Lucas and Jimerson sitting on the bench is confusing and frustrating. This team like WBB is still forming itself but seems too have more overall talent.
                        Lincoln and WVSU visit the ANGELO DOME this week followed by a road trip @Franklin Pierce and @Chestnut Hill before T'GIVING. 4 winnable games.

Comment

McClurg is the real deal. He was tough to handle last night (especially when he got hot from the 3-point line late in the game).

Your point about Palek a few comments up was true again last night--he's just not built to play 38 minutes. He is a quality player for sure, but he did seem to get gassed late in the game and began missing point-blank shots and free throws seemingly as a result of fatigue.

Are you sure Lucas was even on the bench? I didn't think I saw Lucas in the building last night. I definitely saw Jimerson during warmups, but I didn't notice Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                            McClurg is the real deal. He was tough to handle last night (especially when he got hot from the 3-point line late in the game).

Your point about Palek a few comments up was true again last night--he's just not built to play 38 minutes. He is a quality player for sure, but he did seem to get gassed late in the game and began missing point-blank shots and free throws seemingly as a result of fatigue.

Are you sure Lucas was even on the bench? I didn't think I saw Lucas in the building last night. I definitely saw Jimerson during warmups, but I didn't notice Lucas.
                            Couldn't catch the live game so I relied on box scores. Lucas was an 18+mpg player last year so I have to believe he's injured in some way. DS weekly show on TUESDAY may shed some light.

Comment

Where is Zyan Collins? He didn't play all weekend?

Comment

Where is Zyan Collins? He didn't play all weekend?
                                You are correct. Collins also did not appear to be in the building.

Not sure what's happening with Cal's roster. But depth did appear to be something of an issue late. There were a LOT of whistles (that's MEC refs trying to deal with PSAC style ball for you).

If Cal had it's full complement of players (coupled with Danny's knowledge of Howlett's press which caused Howlett to call off the press in the second half), that's potentially a different game.

But, man, is Danny worth the price of admission! There's a constant stage show happening on that Cal bench!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X