Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Where is Zyan Collins? He didn't play all weekend?
    No inside info but suppose, until corrected, that he's also injured. Having missed seeing the game I'm unable to say if he or Lucas were there in street clothes. Hopefully a clarification to come on the DS show. Worst case scenario is ZC is upset with McClurg's pt and has made a rash decision. More to follow when available.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

No inside info but suppose, until corrected, that he's also injured. Having missed seeing the game I'm unable to say if he or Lucas were there in street clothes. Hopefully a clarification to come on the DS show. Worst case scenario is ZC is upset with McClurg's pt and has made a rash decision. More to follow when available.
      There were two guys in streets there. One appeared to be Antoine Arnett. I didn't get a good look at the other. Pretty sure it wasn't Lucas though.

Comment

is the score correct... cal beat west liberty 28-23????

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
          is the score correct... cal beat west liberty 28-23????
          The final was 94-85 in favor of WLU.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

The final was 94-85 in favor of WLU.
            That seems more realistic lol only a Gannon/Hurst game could finish in the 20s

Comment

Nice scrimmage tonight against WVSU, VULCANS won 102-64. Scoring POLAK-22, MCCLURG-19, HALL-19, PALEK-12 and HANNAH-11. Rebounds PALEK-8, HANNAH-8 and MCCLURG 7. FG-60%, 3PT-55% and FT-72%.
              On the road for next four before/after T'GIVING break @FPU 11/21, @CHESTNUT HILL11/23, @SHIP 12/2 and @LHU 12/3. Hopefully no worse than 3-1
              In case anyone's wondering KADYN HANNAH is a transfer from LAROCHE where he averaged 13 pts and 6 rbds per game playing a bit over 20 mpg as a Freshman. Somewhere between 6'4"-6'6" and apparently has caught the eye of DS.

Comment

Nice scrimmage tonight against WVSU, VULCANS won 102-64. Scoring POLAK-22, MCCLURG-19, HALL-19, PALEK-12 and HANNAH-11. Rebounds PALEK-8, HANNAH-8 and MCCLURG 7. FG-60%, 3PT-55% and FT-72%.
                On the road for next four before/after T'GIVING break @FPU 11/21, @CHESTNUT HILL11/23, @SHIP 12/2 and @LHU 12/3. Hopefully no worse than 3-1
                In case anyone's wondering KADYN HANNAH is a transfer from LAROCHE where he averaged 13 pts and 6 rbds per game playing a bit over 20 mpg as a Freshman. Somewhere between 6'4"-6'6" and apparently has caught the eye of DS.
                That was West Virginia Wesleyan tonight ... not West Virgina State? Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That was West Virginia Wesleyan tonight ... not West Virgina State? Big difference.
                  F%$#@&\ AUTOCORRECT !!!!

Comment

I was not impressed with Hannah when I saw him live here at WLU. I was actually surprised to see that he went for 11 & 8 last night.

Here on the hilltop, his most conspicuous contribution was fouling any time his mark got near him. It seemed like every time he entered the game, he picked up quick fouls and had to sit back down. Not knowing the roster, my son just started referring to him as "the hacker" every time he checked in. He ended his night on the hilltop with 5 fouls, 2 points, and 1 board. I might be careful to get too excited about his contributions against WVWC--that might not be representative of what he can do against higher level competition.

Oh, and seeing him live and up close, he's nowhere near 6'6"

Comment

I was not impressed with Hannah when I saw him live here at WLU. I was actually surprised to see that he went for 11 & 8 last night.

Here on the hilltop, his most conspicuous contribution was fouling any time his mark got near him. It seemed like every time he entered the game, he picked up quick fouls and had to sit back down. Not knowing the roster, my son just started referring to him as "the hacker" every time he checked in. He ended his night on the hilltop with 5 fouls, 2 points, and 1 board. I might be careful to get too excited about his contributions against WVWC--that might not be representative of what he can do against higher level competition.

Knew nothing about him until last evening. Have no expectations. Just noted that his PT has been 15-21-13-19 and aside from the WLU game he has 5 PF in his other 3 games. Certainly not someone vying for a starting place, but apparently what DS wants from a sub in terms of production and effort.

Comment

Knew nothing about him until last evening. Have no expectations. Just noted that his PT has been 15-21-13-19 and aside from the WLU game he has 5 PF in his other 3 games. Certainly not someone vying for a starting place, but apparently what DS wants from a sub in terms of production and effort.
                        He certainly did bring energy and effort. But in the WLU game, that energy sometimes seemed misplaced or misused. But it's also true that WLU's pressure can have that effect on some players.

And you're right--a jolt of energy/effort off the bench is useful even if it doesn't come with significant scoreboard production. That's the kind of thing you want from a bench player.

Comment

I love reading programs. There's no bigger farce in sports. Cracks me up.

I can't tell you how many 6'7" guys I've stood beside that are 'at best' 6'3".

My absolute favorite is when players are on the same roster all four years. It's amazing that some start out at 6'5", get a big sophomore growth spurt to 6'8", shrink as a junior to 6'6" and then finish as a senior at 6'4". Crazy genetics on these campuses.

If you want even more entertainment, go to to the Twitter world and read some high school football player recruiting posts. The WPIAL alone has about 100 players who all run a 4.4 in the 40. LOL that's a lot of serious speed.

Comment

PHIL ALSTON leading the Loyola Rambers in scoring (12.8) and rebounding (6.3) but getting very little help and playing just a bit over (21.7) half the game. HC Drew Valentine favors playing a lot of players rather than playing his best players a lot. With a 2-4 record,10 players have minutes per game between 14.2 and 35.4. Myrtle Beach Invitational tournament was a disaster losing to their 3 opponents by an average of 19 points. Undoubtedly a better opportunity for PA but maybe not as much fun !

Comment

Like they say: The grass isn’t always greener…

Comment

PHIL ALSTON leading the Loyola Rambers in scoring (12.8) and rebounding (6.3) but getting very little help and playing just a bit over (21.7) half the game. HC Drew Valentine favors playing a lot of players rather than playing his best players a lot. With a 2-4 record,10 players have minutes per game between 14.2 and 35.4. Myrtle Beach Invitational tournament was a disaster losing to their 3 opponents by an average of 19 points. Undoubtedly a better opportunity for PA but maybe not as much fun !
                                He and Armoni both went to teams in huge (portal) rebuilds. They may be OK once their conference seasons start.

All those imports tossed together takes time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X