Clear All

Glenville up 53-29 at halftime.

Comment

Glenville defeats Frostburg 103-66.

Comment

#4 Fairmont State defeats #5 West Liberty 86-71

Comment

Men's quarterfinals today:

#7 seed Glenville State leads #2 seed Fairmont State at the half 36-34. Glenville had a 10-point lead at 36-26, but Fairmont made a nice run at the end of the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
            Men's quarterfinals today:

#7 seed Glenville State leads #2 seed Fairmont State at the half 36-34. Glenville had a 10-point lead at 36-26, but Fairmont made a nice run at the end of the first half.
            GSU can be pretty scary when they are engaged.

Comment

Fairmont State seemed to really settle down those last 3 minutes. If you play in that preliminary round, then you have a little bit of advantage with depth perception of playing in that arena. We saw that last year when AB beat WV State in this same game. Fairmont's coach is good at halftime adjustments and I just think Fairmont will pull away on this one. I could be wrong.

Comment

Fairmont State seemed to really settle down those last 3 minutes. If you play in that preliminary round, then you have a little bit of advantage with depth perception of playing in that arena. We saw that last year when AB beat WV State in this same game. Fairmont's coach is good at halftime adjustments and I just think Fairmont will pull away on this one. I could be wrong.
                You're right that players always comment on the difficulty of the sight lines in the arena, and shooting percentages (especially from deep) tend to be a bit lower during the MEC tourney because of that.

Comment

Fairmont State wins 77-72. Glenville refused to go away when down 70-59. Give them credit on fighting back.

Fairmont State, in my opinion, just clinched their ticket to the NCAA. I don't think it was in doubt, but you don't want to lose that quarterfinal game as the #5 seed in the region when you know a team in one conference that took the #8 spot in the regionals.

Comment

And I am not trying to offend any fan of any other MEC school here, but I am pulling hard for D&E to win this tournament. God bless them over there! I remember going over to that school and playing games in the late 80s and early 90s at that gym which was a complete dump. It was just an awful facility back then and terrible place to play. I would classify their old facility as a "BAD church gym". They were always the 14th seed in the WVIAC back then.

They invested in basketball and invested wisely in the school compared to their private-school counterparts Alderson Broaddus and WV Wesleyan. I would just like to see those guys have some success this weekend. They have come a lot farther than any one can imagine as far as a men's basketball program.

Comment

Davis & Elkins up 34 - 14 with 5:00 to go in the first half.

They chased Charleston into a 2-3 zone and Osborne has done nothing but griped at officials the whole game.

Comment

Davis & Elkins up 45 -22 at the halftime.

And if it wasn't for Lazo, this game would already be over.

Comment

Davis & Elkins up 45 -22 at the halftime.

And if it wasn't for Lazo, this game would already be over.
                          Wow

Comment

A clear charging call as video replay showed Rolle never moved and Lazo calls a block.

Why does this guy get Charleston games?

Comment

We don't need to review this call nor should the ball have been inbounded under the basket.

Comment

Congratulations to Davis & Elkins which defeats Charleston 77-72.

D&E has won 9 of their last 10 games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X