Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Marshall is your dream job until one of the heavy hitters of D1 women's college basketball comes calling. And they will come calling.
    The 'big boys' in Morgantown never should have let her get to Marshall.

I agree, though, I think some big-time job is going to soon come calling.

Comment

https://twitter.com/primetimeMitch/s...31028880523397

Comment

I would be surprised if UT hired Caldwell. She is a fantastic coach, but if I'm the UT AD, I'm looking for a proven winner at the P5 level.

Comment

It’s comical reading these posts. Who do these people think they are, LOL? Everything from “Tennessee made women’s basketball,” to “I’m no longer being a Lady Vols fan if it’s true,” yada, yada. I got news for them. When Tennessee was in their heyday nobody cared about women’s college basketball outside of the few fan bases from the schools that were good. Pat Summit was a star, but she was a once in a generation legend. A lot of other schools have caught up and there’s way more parity now.

To think their program is above hiring an up and coming coach (with a great track record by the way) cracks me up. I also don’t understand why people are so opposed to a fresh face, as if they couldn’t be successful. Just because a coach hasn’t had their opportunity on the big stage doesn’t mean they aren’t one of the best coaches in the country. Pat Summit wasn’t a legend the first day her name appeared on the door of the coaches office.

Comment

This was easy to see coming.

No offense to Marshall, but she wasn't going to be there long -- 'dream job' or not.

Comment

Reports surfacing Kim Stephens has accepted the job at Tennessee.

Awesome for her.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                This was easy to see coming.

No offense to Marshall, but she wasn't going to be there long -- 'dream job' or not.
                The Caitlin Clark phenomenon has been a huge shot in the arm for women's basketball. Salaries likely will go up. You might not see quite the same support for women's basketball at the college level once she is gone, but I don't think it will go back to the previous level, either. I have a 10-year-old great-granddaughter who is an amazing little player and has already been put on teams with girls three and four years older than her. Her mother paid more than $700 for two tickets to sit behind the Iowa bench when Iowa played at Maryland this year. A lot of young girls have been inspired, and I think it's safe to say you'll see more stars in the future.

Comment

It's official. She's the new HC at Tennessee.

Comment

She did a great job at Marshall.

It will be interesting though. Does Jenna Burdette, the assistant to Kim during her two years of going to the Final Four at Glenville & then followed her to Marshall for the championship season, go with her to Tennessee or does she take the head coaching job at Marshall????

Caldwell was an extremely good coach prior to Burdette joining her at Glenville. But with Burdette, she won a national championship, went to two final fours and then won both the Sun Belt regular season and tournament championship. I watched a lot of Marshall women's basketball and Burdette was in fine tune during games and was very active with the dry erase board during timeouts. I would have to say that UT could offer her more money to be an assistant coach compared to being head coach at Marshall. But the chance to run your own program at a mid-major has to be enticing.

If Burdette passes, I hear Marshall will offer Ashland's head coach the position. Marshall doesn't have a problem hiring D2 coaches as Grassie was head coach at UC before winning the national championship in soccer at Marshall.

Comment

She's getting $750,000/year base pay plus performance incentives.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X