Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CIAA Tournament

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    I'd say that Cal, IUP, Ship and Mercyhurst are pretty much the four from the PSAC who get in, with at least Virginia Union and JCSU locks from the CIAA, and Glenville from the MEC. Hurst's win over Cal Wednesday night might be enough to get them off the bubble, while Edinboro will probably have to get to the PSAC semis to have a chance to get in.
    Psac east is 0-24 against the top four psac west teams. The same weak conference argument should apply to the psac east women if the CIAA men are.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      I'd say that Cal, IUP, Ship and Mercyhurst are pretty much the four from the PSAC who get in, with at least Virginia Union and JCSU locks from the CIAA, and Glenville from the MEC. Hurst's win over Cal Wednesday night might be enough to get them off the bubble, while Edinboro will probably have to get to the PSAC semis to have a chance to get in.
      And the 'Boro women go down again, at home to Clarion. Their NCAA at-large hopes are looking slim.

Comment

And the first bids of 2017 go to Johnson C Smith (women) and Bowie State (men) after winning their respective CIAA championships tonight in Charlotte.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
          And the 'Boro women go down again, at home to Clarion. Their NCAA at-large hopes are looking slim.
          A poor effort by boro. I watched them play. No energy or desire to win. Waste of time and money. They should forfeit their game on Monday due to lack of heart. Their season ends Monday either way.

Comment

With Edinboro's loss to Clarion and WJU's win over West Liberty, if it comes down to the two as the final choice, then WJU gets in due to their win over Edinboro in the season's first weekend. WJU wins 2 games at the MEC tournament and they should be in unless Edinboro would run the table in the PSAC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by pennbraz View Post
              With Edinboro's loss to Clarion and WJU's win over West Liberty, if it comes down to the two as the final choice, then WJU gets in due to their win over Edinboro in the season's first weekend. WJU wins 2 games at the MEC tournament and they should be in unless Edinboro would run the table in the PSAC tournament.
              I forgot that Edinboro played Wheeling at the start of the season. IIRC, it was at the West Chester tipoff tournament (Glenville was there too).

Comment

Can someone explain to me how VU got in this picture? If the CIAA should get a second bid it should be VSU. Our SOS is better than VU.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
                  Can someone explain to me how VU got in this picture? If the CIAA should get a second bid it should be VSU. Our SOS is better than VU.
                  If you were reading the thread, the reference to Virginia Union was for the women's basketball team, not the men's team.

Comment

My bad. But I'm referring to the VU men. In last week's ranking they were at 7 and we were at 9. How?

Comment

My bad. But I'm referring to the VU men. In last week's ranking they were at 7 and we were at 9. How?
                      According to the numbers the NCAA used, VU's strength of schedule (.469) is higher than VSU's (.455), as were some of the other raw numbers. Mind you, this only counted games played up to Feb. 19, so that didn't factor in the CIAA tourney. Tomorrow's rankings release will.

Comment

Could the CIAA get 3 teams in?

Comment

No chance

Comment

No way.

Comment

On the women's side, it looks highly unlikely. Crazier things have happened, though; I don't think a lot of people thought the CIAA would get three teams in last season. We'll see come Sunday...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X