X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

How has Alston done since moving on? That dude was GOOD at the DII level.
    He's done well at Loyola.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-16-2024, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Good to hear, if true, that the VULCANS could hold onto both assets. Maybe KJ has found exactly his niche and is completely satisfied. Here's hoping .
    How has Alston done since moving on? That dude was GOOD at the DII level.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

McClurg already washed out of one low-major school (New Hampshire in the American East) so I don’t know how attractive he would be to programs a level up even if he has gotten older and possibly improved his game.
    Good to hear, if true, that the VULCANS could hold onto both assets. Maybe KJ has found exactly his niche and is completely satisfied. Here's hoping .

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Two years ago at this time, Danny Sancomb and I were hoping there was some way to convince Phillip Alston to stay in the Mon Valley and finish what they had started. No such luck. Now the VULCANS are in a similar position with the Atlantic Region POY, KJ McCLURG, likely looking at his options. Unlike Alston, who I felt was a no brainer to move up, McClurg may want to continue especially if the team can make it to the EE. Time will tell.
    Actually a bigger issue for CAL U is if McClurg bails will DS decide to test the waters for himself. Though I'm very thankful for the job he's done, it has always seemed like a marriage of convenience between DS and CAL. His recruiting prowess and coaching skill makes him, IMHO, an outstanding coaching prospect for a D1 private school that wants to grow, or re-grow, their program. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to say where but if he can get his team into the EE I suspect inquiries will be made.
    McClurg already washed out of one low-major school (New Hampshire in the American East) so I don’t know how attractive he would be to programs a level up even if he has gotten older and possibly improved his game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    RaShaun Parker / D&E

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Two years ago at this time, Danny Sancomb and I were hoping there was some way to convince Phillip Alston to stay in the Mon Valley and finish what they had started. No such luck. Now the VULCANS are in a similar position with the Atlantic Region POY, KJ McCLURG, likely looking at his options. Unlike Alston, who I felt was a no brainer to move up, McClurg may want to continue especially if the team can make it to the EE. Time will tell.
    Actually a bigger issue for CAL U is if McClurg bails will DS decide to test the waters for himself. Though I'm very thankful for the job he's done, it has always seemed like a marriage of convenience between DS and CAL. His recruiting prowess and coaching skill makes him, IMHO, an outstanding coaching prospect for a D1 private school that wants to grow, or re-grow, their program. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to say where but if he can get his team into the EE I suspect inquiries will be made.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Freddie Word / Charleston

That's interesting.

He sat out this year with an injury. Very dynamic scorer.
    Charleston didn't really seem to miss him!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Freddie Word / Charleston

That's interesting.

He sat out this year with an injury. Very dynamic scorer.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Eli Shearer / Mansfield
    I was surprised it never took for him at Mansfield. He was a dynamic player at Chambersburg.

In related news, I spent a month in Mansfield one night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sean Dillon / Seton Hill

Grad transfer

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Easton Fulmer, Edinboro

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at SRU. Last year I saw Edinboro play at SRU and in the Sheetz afterward, there was a group of SRU kids who must have gone to Franklin because they were all talking about Fulmer. Seemed like he has a waiting crew at the Rock.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

His brother (the PG) went in to the portal after last season but eventually decided to stay. I wonder if he'll follow suit.

They go through this constantly. I'll give the HC some credit for continuing to at least put a respectable product on the floor. That's such a tough job. That campus is so removed from society (and the school is like a high school). It makes building anything nearly impossible.
    Yet when I was in school Mansfield was often one of the top teams in the league. Demographics and people in general have changed quite a bit since then.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Their leading scorer and rebounder. That's a big loss for them. It's a shame. The won-loss record was not great this season, but they were starting to put together a respectable team up there.
    His brother (the PG) went in to the portal after last season but eventually decided to stay. I wonder if he'll follow suit.

They go through this constantly. I'll give the HC some credit for continuing to at least put a respectable product on the floor. That's such a tough job. That campus is so removed from society (and the school is like a high school). It makes building anything nearly impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Flood gates open at Mansfield.

Saraj Ali is the latest to enter Portal.
    Their leading scorer and rebounder. That's a big loss for them. It's a shame. The won-loss record was not great this season, but they were starting to put together a respectable team up there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Eli Shearer / Mansfield

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X