Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Regional Pick 'Em

NOTE: Round 1 -----> pick with the spreads (bold your selections)

Scoring:

Round 1 correct pick = 10 points

Round 2 correct pick = 20 points

Round 3 correct pick = 30 points

Good luck, you degenerates.

Round 1 (Saturday)

Lincoln (+9.5) at Gannon

West Liberty vs. Millersville (+4.5)

West Virginia State (+5.5) at California

Charleston vs. Concord (+5.5)

Round 2 (Sunday)

LU/GU winner vs. WL/Millersville winner

WVSU/Cal winner vs. Charleston/Concord winner

Round 3 (Final / Tuesday)

______________ vs. ______________

Tie-Breakers

No. 1: This Atlantic team will score the fewest points in Round 1: __________________

No. 2: This Round 1 game will have the highest combined point total: _________________

NOTE: Round 1 -----> pick with the spreads (bold your selections)

Scoring:

Round 1 correct pick = 10 points

Round 2 correct pick = 20 points

Round 3 correct pick = 30 points

Good luck, you degenerates.

Round 1 (Saturday)

Lincoln (+9.5) at Gannon

West Liberty vs. Millersville (+4.5) -- (I do think this will be a close game, but 4.5 isn't quite enough to entice me here)

West Virginia State (+5.5) at California --(If WVSU actually shows up motivated & focused, they could blow this whole bracket up, but I wouldn't bet on it after how disinterested they looked in the MEC semis)

Charleston vs. Concord (+5.5) -- (I think Charleston wins the game, but I think Concord keeps it close; I'll take the points. I continue to believe Charleston was cheering for WLU in the MEC semis because they don't love the Concord match-up)

Round 2 (Sunday)

Gannon vs. WL -- (I admit I just don't have faith in this current edition of the Hilltoppers to believe they can put it all together multiple nights in a row)

Cal vs. Charleston -- (McClurg is the difference in this one. I think Eddie Colbert can neutralize Lucas to some extent, and Tay Wilson can match-up with Hall. But I think McClurg will eat up Dwaine Jones in that particular on-paper-match-up. I would love to see Charleston match up with Gannon, but I think McClurg has other ideas)

Cal vs. Gannon -- (I gotta believe that one of these times Cal will have the answer)

Tie-Breakers

No. 1: This Atlantic team will score the fewest points in Round 1: Lincoln

No. 2: This Round 1 game will have the highest combined point total: Cal/WVSU

Comment

Lincoln (+9.5) at Gannon

Round 2 (Sunday)

GU winner vs. Millersville winner

Cal winner vs. Charleston winner

___Gannon___________ vs. ____Cal__________

Tie-Breakers

No. 1: This Atlantic team will score the fewest points in Round 1: _____Concord_____________

No. 2: This Round 1 game will have the highest combined point total: ____Gannon/Lincoln_____________

Comment

Round 1 (Saturday)

Lincoln (+9.5) at Gannon - Lincoln played them pretty tough in November. That was then. This may get ugly.

West Liberty vs. Millersville (+4.5) - The Marauders looked horrible this past weekend. I suspect they will put on a better showing Saturday. Regardless, giving the points.

West Virginia State (+5.5) at California - Vulcans get a bonus home game (or two). No students (Spring Break) in Angelo's Dome? Cal wins (and covers) late in front of a fired up 34 fans.

Charleston vs. Concord (+5.5) - Why did Charleston appear to prefer playing West Liberty instead of Concord? I guess we're about to find out. Charleston by 6.

Round 2 (Sunday)

Gannon vs. West Liberty - There's a belief pressing teams don't like to be pressed -- especially when both teams run the same press. This should be highly entertaining. Odd to say but I think Gannon is actually a little deeper, and the Knights have a better overall roster mix. Neither will surprise each other. Going with the bright lights experience. The road team has no pressure. Gannon hasn't lost at home yet this year. Not yet, anyway.

California vs. Charleston - Both are incredible half-court teams. Charleston has the size and athletes to match-up with the Vulcans.

Charleston vs. West Liberty - The Golden Eagles are 3-0 vs. the Hilltoppers this season. If they played 10 times, Charleston may go 9-1. They seem to have the secret sauce. No advanced NASA-level stats can convince me otherwise. The Golden Eagles cut down the nets in Erie.

​​​​​​Tie-Breakers

No. 1: This Atlantic team will score the fewest points in Round 1: West Virginia State

No. 2: This Round 1 game will have the highest combined point total: Lincoln at Gannon (predicting GU wins 118 to 97)

Comment

Round 1 (Saturday)

Lincoln (+9.5) at Gannon

Round 2 (Sunday)

LU/GU winner vs. WL/Millersville winner

WVSU/Cal winnervs. Charleston/Concord winner

Gannon vs. Charleston

Tie-Breakers

No. 1: This Atlantic team will score the fewest points in Round 1: Concord

No. 2: This Round 1 game will have the highest combined point total: West Virginia State vs California

Comment

Round 1 (Saturday)

Lincoln (+9.5) at Gannon - I don't see this being close. Lot of talk about an early season game. I think Gannon is playing exceptional basketball right now.

West Liberty vs. Millersville (+4.5) - I am going back and forth. I may change this. Something about West Liberty this year, their inconsistencies, etc. I know Millersville recently laid an egg, but I do like their team. I think they have enough of everything to win a game like this on a big stage.

West Virginia State (+5.5) at California - I don't think Cal is better than Gannon like many believe. But I think they are better than the MEC boogeyman. Cal covers.

Charleston vs. Concord (+5.5) - Charleston seems to have a great thing going.

Round 2 (Sunday)

LU/GU winner vs. WL/Millersville winner - What an opportunity for Erie Cathedral Prep to host the hometown squad for the Atlantic Regional Championship game.

WVSU/Cal winner vs. Charleston/Concord winner - I think Cal is built similar to how many MEC squads are built. And I think Charleston has the right mix of everything to stifle those types of teams. I have Charleston advancing and continuing their journey north, this time to Erie Cathedral Prep.

Round 3 (Final / Tuesday) - Gannon

Gannon vs. Charleston

Tie-Breakers

No. 1: This Atlantic team will score the fewest points in Round 1: Concord

No. 2: This Round 1 game will have the highest combined point total: Cal/WVSU

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X