Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wanted

'Tis the season.

The first job opening has surfaced. East Stroudsburg has just opened it's head women's job.

Any others to follow?

On the 'staying' front, Joe Lombardi is not retiring.

Local D1: WVU has announced the head job is open.

College of Charleston HC Pat Kelsey is believed (by many) to be the main target at WVU.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      College of Charleston HC Pat Kelsey is believed (by many) to be the main target at WVU.
      Don't like that. He has made his CofC living poaching WLU players. Having him 72 miles away from the ARSC would make WLU effectively WVU's farm team.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Don't like that. He has made his CofC living poaching WLU players. Having him 72 miles away from the ARSC would make WLU effectively WVU's farm team.
        You don't need to worry, WLU players aren't good enough to help him win in the Big 12

Comment

That won't be a problem. D2 to mid-major is one thing. D2 to P5 is a whole different animal.

He'll go from cherry picking D2 to cherry picking the mid-majors.

Comment

That won't be a problem. D2 to mid-major is one thing. D2 to P5 is a whole different animal.

He'll go from cherry picking D2 to cherry picking the mid-majors.
            Exactly, and then the mid-majors will pick up players from schools such as Mount St. Mary's located near me.

Comment

'Tis the season.

The first job opening has surfaced. East Stroudsburg has just opened it's head women's job.

Any others to follow?

On the 'staying' front, Joe Lombardi is not retiring.

Local D1: WVU has announced the head job is open.
              I'll take the job at WVU. My Mom went to school there and my Dad was a big West Virginia fan (and so am I). I've only got one year of coaching experience (Park & Rec 10 to 12 year olds), but I'll adapt. Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!
              Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I'll take the job at WVU. My Mom went to school there and my Dad was a big West Virginia fan (and so am I). I've only got one year of coaching experience (Park & Rec 10 to 12 year olds), but I'll adapt. Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!
                We've got a lot of would be HCs on this board (myself included)!!

Comment

It's happened to IUP. It's happened to Mercyhurst. It's happened to Fairmont State. It's happened to other strong D2 programs. The grim reaper of the Transfer Portal is coming. No "system player" of "belief in the process" will make West Liberty forever immune. Better get ready.

Having a plethora of guys get poached to a P5 school is unlikely, but it's eventually coming your way where guys will start to look elsewhere and start leaving.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X