Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwain Osborne resigns at University of Charleston

Good coach leaving the MEC as Dwain Osborne has resigned as head men's basketball coach at University of Charleston.

It appears he is joining Ethan Faulkner at Youngstown State as an assistant coach. I thought Dwain always did a good job at UC. That is a good D2 job. It will be interesting who they go after. I wonder if there is an interest from Adam Williams to take that job. Adam's dad Tex was head coach at UC in the '80s and took them on nice runs when the WVIAC was stacked with guys that were getting drafted in the NBA. Adam is currently an assistant coach at Marshall.

Seems like kind of an odd move.

I could see leaving for YSU as the HC, but to leave to be an assistant seems a bit odd.

Comment

Tianni Kelly also stepped down on the women's side today. Wonder if something is up with the UC athletic department. To lose two perennial coach-of-the-year candidates on the same day (to a weird assistant job at Youngstown no less) certainly seems odd. Is there another shoe to drop?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
        Tianni Kelly also stepped down on the women's side today. Wonder if something is up with the UC athletic department. To lose two perennial coach-of-the-year candidates on the same day (to a weird assistant job at Youngstown no less) certainly seems odd. Is there another shoe to drop?
        Something has to be up. Leaving a strong D2 HC job to carry the clipboard is very, very strange.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I imagine the salaries aren't much different. The MEC schools, especially the privates, don't pay well. And no offense to anyone, but NE Ohio/Western PA is on average better than most of WV. Same pay for theoretically less work and pressure might add up for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I could be wrong, but I imagine the salaries aren't much different. The MEC schools, especially the privates, don't pay well. And no offense to anyone, but NE Ohio/Western PA is on average better than most of WV. Same pay for theoretically less work and pressure might add up for some.
            I suppose. But, he really had Charleston rolling. I could see taking a bench spot at a higher-profile program but YSU?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X