Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Way-Too-Early 2017-18 NSIC Predictions

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    fair point. I though maybe Spencer would get the nod over Bruggeman but you are right -- nothing too surprising in the poll as far as players or teams.

Wayne should be ahead of bemidji
    My hope is that Spencer takes it as motivation. On paper, he probably should be preseason south player of the year (as Stanger pointed out with the career statistics and whatnot), but Bruggeman obviously accomplished enough last season to make him a perfectly logical selection in that spot. Maybe this will encourage Spencer to elevate his game to another level this season to prove a point. I certainly wouldn't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      On a side note, this may be the least board chatter I've ever seen on a day when preseason polls are released. Maybe because none if it is particularly surprising, I suppose.
      Actually, I have been very disappointed all fall on the lack of football chatter. Even early in the season when everyone was in the running there wasn't a lot of it. Even the thread about the MSU-Winona game between two 8-0 teams has been pretty cold. The biggest arguments on it have been between Winona and USF fans, not MSU ones. Not that I don't prefer friendly banter to bloodletting, but things have been simmering rather than boiling.

I'll wait until grid season is over before I get too invested in hoops. I really don't have any idea on how the Mavs will be on the court this year. And I don't see any home OOC matchups that will give me much of a clue.

Comment

I will throw this name out for NOY consideration. Sean Smith. He's a 6'8" juco transfer for SCSU. Saw him Friday at a closed door at St. Thomas and he appears that he will be a pretty solid player for SCSU. Seemed a legit 6'8" and fairly well put together. Not a rail by any means.
        Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM. Reason: cuz I apparently can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Actually, I have been very disappointed all fall on the lack of football chatter. Even early in the season when everyone was in the running there wasn't a lot of it. Even the thread about the MSU-Winona game between two 8-0 teams has been pretty cold. The biggest arguments on it have been between Winona and USF fans, not MSU ones. Not that I don't prefer friendly banter to bloodletting, but things have been simmering rather than boiling.

I'll wait until grid season is over before I get too invested in hoops. I really don't have any idea on how the Mavs will be on the court this year. And I don't see any home OOC matchups that will give me much of a clue.
          The NSIC boards I'm general seem a heck of a lot tamer this season compared to most....results of a bad north division, and Sioux Falls over achieving their rebuild year I expect....Winona fans seem to have quieted down after the loss we handed them last week.
          Hoops I'm not expecting a whole lot. Maybe contend for a south division crown and a playoff spot!

Comment

Moorhead won their exhibition game against Valley City State 90-64. A couple general observations. New juco wings definitely add some athletism, although not as consistent with outside shot as ayob and lien last season. Kretchman is going to have strong season...he just makes the right decisions. Moorhead's inside play after Park is questionable. Anderson shows some nice flashes of inside/outside game. Looks like they will redshirt the 4 freshman who have a lot of upside in the future. Still have too many defensive lapses like last year. Don't believe this team is good enough to really challenge Northern, SMSU, etc. Will learn a lot more this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
              The NSIC boards I'm general seem a heck of a lot tamer this season compared to most....results of a bad north division, and Sioux Falls over achieving their rebuild year I expect....Winona fans seem to have quieted down after the loss we handed them last week.
              Hoops I'm not expecting a whole lot. Maybe contend for a south division crown and a playoff spot!
              I was only quiet for a while because I was in Vegas and it takes a number of days for me to recover! I'll be back reminding everyone how the conference (in basketball) is rigged in Augie's favor. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                I was only quiet for a while because I was in Vegas and it takes a number of days for me to recover! I'll be back reminding everyone how the conference (in basketball) is rigged in Augie's favor. :)
                Would not be a proper season without some Winona fans talking about the NSFC and AU advantages. :)

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                  "Alex, I'll take NSIC Hoops for $200:"

"What have Wayne State fans been waiting for since 2001?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X