Minot
    Northern
    Sioux Falls
    Southwest
    St. Cloud
    Upper Iowa
    Wayne
    Winona
    Last edited by Stanger86; 09-22-2017, 08:46 AM.

Re: 2017-18 NSIC Schedules

For you NSIC guys - how should Moorhead be next year? I'm hearing they'll be coming to Drury's Thanksgiving Classic. I know they were good last year, but not sure who all they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
      For you NSIC guys - how should Moorhead be next year? I'm hearing they'll be coming to Drury's Thanksgiving Classic. I know they were good last year, but not sure who all they lost.
      Others may disagree, but I find it hard to believe they won't generally be a very solid team in the NSIC most years. At least as long as their current coaching staff is in place and they don't lose key players to injury during the season.

But I also haven't paid very close attention to their roster this offseason. So I'm not sure who they have coming back and who they have lost other than the alleged NSIC Player of the Year last season.
      Last edited by MrAugustana; 05-23-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        But I also haven't paid very close attention to their roster this offseason. So I'm not sure who they have coming back and who they have lost other than the alleged NSIC Player of the Year last season.
        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
          Lost five seniors: four starters and a bench warmer.

Team will likely revolve around Tanner Kretchman (6-0 senior guard), who scored 35 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against East Central. Next highest returning contributor is Matt Anderson (6-7 sophomore forward), who put up 8.0 ppg in 17.3 mpg.

They also get JUCO transfer Jake Johnson (6-8 junior? forward), who started in the NSIC at Northern before transferring to NDSCS. Pretty good recruiting class overall.

Comment

I am seeing 10 wins overall on the Winona schedule with 4 of those being non conference wins. Fun times to be a Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
              I am seeing 10 wins overall on the Winona schedule with 4 of those being non conference wins. Fun times to be a Warrior.
              Biggest question...Will we hang onto "The Rock" ?

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                I don't necessarily disagree but have been checking out their incoming players and some don't look too bad. Maybe they can do a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloedows View Post
                  Please clarify for the ignorant, the biased, the misinformed and the mentally challenged. In other words most of us on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    Please clarify for the ignorant, the biased, the misinformed and the mentally challenged. In other words most of us on this board.
                    Is there a rivalry trophy with St Marys?

Comment

Comment

They stopped playing for that years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Is there a rivalry trophy with St Marys?
                          Used to be...I couldn't tell ya the last time it was brought up

Comment

Originally posted by WSUDieHard View Post
                            Used to be...I couldn't tell ya the last time it was brought up
                            I just thought it remained at WSU because the Warriors always beat St Mary's. I didn't know they stopped playing for the trophy.

Comment

With give this a try. Be nice to this Dragon fan rookie.

Moorhead has had a number of All-American players over the past 4-5 years to help elevate the Dragon program into the upper echelon of the NSIC. Now the question is can they stay there for the long-term? Stable quality coaching staff with a proven system is the first piece of puzzle. It also appears they are in a good spot with recruiting. A number of 2017 recruits held numerous NSIC offers.

Last year's team could score, but didn't defend as regularity as needed. Lost 4 seniors, but really Lien and Ayob were the only two regulars. The other two seniors split significant time with some good younger players that did get extensive minutes.

My belief is that most NSIC insiders expect Moorhead to continue to be an upper echelon team in the conference over the next few years. Doubt they will be the preseason favorite by any means, but may very well challenge again for a conference title when all is said and done. Kretchman (pg) may be preseason all-American candidate. One of top assist to turnover guys in country past two years. Key will be MSUM defense and ability to control the paint against teams like Northern who have some strong inside play returning.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X