Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas D1 Issues

What does everyone think about the recent issues. How far down will the FBI go? Anyone suspect shady issues in D2?.

Re: Adidas D1 Issues

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
    What does everyone think about the recent issues. How far down will the FBI go? Anyone suspect shady issues in D2?.
    Ah; No. it's all about money and there ain't any at D2.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      Ah; No. it's all about money and there ain't any at D2.
      Hearing rumors that Augustana's 9 recent commits were paid under the table. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
        That all went out the window when the news broke.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          That all went out the window when the news broke.
          NO, we're all okay if those kids all stay with them.

Comment

If someone at Augie managed to pull together money beyond their ten (or whatever the D2 max is) $30,000-ish a year scholarships, I think I'd be impressed more than anything.

Comment

I the shoe/apparel companies are probably complicit in this ordeal

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                NO, we're all okay if those kids all stay with them.
                This is legitimately going to be one of my favorite developing story lines over the next 5 or so years. Regardless of where their recruits are from, I'll be happy if the Vikes are able to stay near the top of the conference. But if the Vikes can stay on top of the conference (or at least a spot or two above the Huskies) being led by SD kids, it's going to fill my heart with more joy than many things have in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  This is legitimately going to be one of my favorite developing story lines over the next 5 or so years. Regardless of where their recruits are from, I'll be happy if the Vikes are able to stay near the top of the conference. But if the Vikes can stay on top of the conference (or at least a spot or two above the Huskies) being led by SD kids, it's going to fill my heart with more joy than many things have in the last few years.
                  Yes, we could have a lot of fun, or disgust as this story line works its way forward. Just exactly how good will your SD kids prove to be. Tom has missed on a few kids,(everyone does) but this could be colossal if my thoughts on them come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                    I the shoe/apparel companies are probably complicit in this ordeal
                    Russell Athletic probably leaked the story..........

Comment

If someone at Augie managed to pull together money beyond their ten (or whatever the D2 max is) $30,000-ish a year scholarships, I think I'd be impressed more than anything.
                      Nope, from what I've heard it had to do with some rule NCAA presidents voted on....something to do with "countable aid" or something. But basically, it gave a school like Augie a big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        Nope, from what I've heard it had to do with some rule NCAA presidents voted on....something to do with "countable aid" or something. But basically, it gave a school like Augie a big advantage.
                        Right. If a school, say Grand Valley, has a "Challenge Scholarship Fund," that throws off enough money to fund 25 scholarships, those scholarships can go to anyone. The criteria to award these scholarships is at the direction of the grantors. For example, if the scholarship is open to any incoming or current student who has a 3.0 HS GPA and has demonstrated participation in school activities it can be awarded to any student who qualifies. Grand Valley could, theoretically, fund 25 more football scholarships if they find 25 football players, incoming or already enrolled that qualify under those standards. It is definitely geared to helping the "large and successful" D2 programs who have financial stability and a good fan and funding basis. Grand Valley could award it's 36 NCAA approved grants and add another 25 "Challenge Scholarships" that just happen to all go to football players.

Instead of funding the school's athletic scholarship fund, donors could divert scholarship giving or endowment giving to this "Challenge Scholarship Fund" and add more schoolies to football or BB or whatever.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-28-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

OK that's different from how I heard it, but I may not have heard the full picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            OK that's different from how I heard it, but I may not have heard the full picture.
                            I'm sorry, but I'm feeling a little slow here (must be how simple feels on a regular basis)... you do understand that Moorhead was joking, right? Am I just not picking up on your return joke?

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm feeling a little slow here (must be how simple feels on a regular basis)... you do understand that Moorhead was joking, right? Am I just not picking up on your return joke?
                              Moorhead was joking, yes. But there was something presidents voted on, which allowed for the Augie class to be so loaded. Nothing under the table, so don't worried. But I'd expect this class to be close to the norm for Augie going forward.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X