X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie AD: "Division I goal not changed by St. Thomas announcement"

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ue/3864220002/

Comment

• Augie buried Cornell College in an exhibition at the Elmen Center today 110-61. Typically impressive showings from Matt Cartwright, Michael Schaefer, and a now healthy Tyler Riemersma was a revelation defensively.

My two largest concerns going into this season were point guard play and defense. While the competition was less than stellar, I feel better about both already. Matt Todd started slow but he came alive in the second half, his ability to dribble drive will be a huge asset. Adam Dykman is back from his shoulder injury and threw down a vicious dunk. Bennett Otto also showed flashes of serious potential.

Overall the depth of this team, even without Dylan Lebrun and Trevor Hanson, is going to overwhelm a lot of opponents.

Comment

• What is situation with Lebrun and Hanson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Augie buried Cornell College in an exhibition at the Elmen Center today 110-61. Typically impressive showings from Matt Cartwright, Michael Schaefer, and a now healthy Tyler Riemersma was a revelation defensively.

My two largest concerns going into this season were point guard play and defense. While the competition was less than stellar, I feel better about both already. Matt Todd started slow but he came alive in the second half, his ability to dribble drive will be a huge asset. Adam Dykman is back from his shoulder injury and threw down a vicious dunk. Bennett Otto also showed flashes of serious potential.

Overall the depth of this team, even without Dylan Lebrun and Trevor Hanson, is going to overwhelm a lot of opponents.
          While I doubt he will ever be our leading scorer, Beau Keeve is pretty feisty defensively too at the guard spot.

Also worth noting that 4 walk-ons played the final 8-ish minutes of the game. So it's not like we left starters in to run up the score.

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          What is situation with Lebrun and Hanson?
          Believe Lebrun is sick or something and Hanson has a lingering injury, I think.

Comment

Augie buried Cornell College in an exhibition at the Elmen Center today 110-61. Typically impressive showings from Matt Cartwright, Michael Schaefer, and a now healthy Tyler Riemersma was a revelation defensively.

Interesting side note...Matt Todd, Jameson Bryan, John Beeninga, Bryce Irsfeld, Jacob Beeninga (probably redshirt this season)...are similar in that each some of highest rated high school pgs to come out of state of MN the past few years that did not go D1. Different players for sure, but similar in some respects in how they play the game.

Comment

• As noted in the 2019 Recruiting thread (due to the lack of a 2020 Recruiting thread, which I will probably remedy shortly), Augie picked up a commitment from Sioux Falls O'Gorman 2020 forward Akoi Akoi.

I don't know a ton about Akoi as I don't generally follow HS basketball all that closely, but he seems to be a long and athletic player who could make for a solid forward for us. Here are some tweets/highlights/etc.

https://twitter.com/Brian_Haenchen/s...96949286182912

https://twitter.com/Hennen_Workouts/...37499838664705

https://twitter.com/PHCircuit/status...31556565225472

Last edited by MrAugustana; 10-28-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Augie had a house warming party at the Pentagon while thoroughly dismantling the Cobbers from Moorhead. The first half was another clinic by Texas Tom's gang with contributions across the board. It was highlighted by this lightning bolt from Adam Dykman:

https://twitter.com/AugieMensBball/s...847734784?s=19

The second half sloughed along, thankfully the games start counting a week from tomorrow. Good to see Dylan LeBrun back on the court in time to play in Warrensburg.
                Last edited by Augieholic; 11-01-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Congrats to Matt Cartwright on his first NSIC South Player of the Week award: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/11/12/...-the-week.aspx

Hoping there will be at least a few more of these over the next two years. When he gets going, he can definitely be tough to stop.

Comment

• First words spoken by the announcer over the BHSU feed is "I hope it works"

Comment

First words spoken by the announcer over the BHSU feed is "I hope it works"
                      So far...it has not.

Comment

• Interestingly this BHSU team beat a top 25 Tarleton State team last Sunday. They could be pretty solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

So far...it has not.
                          Now they're back in business.

Comment

• Going to depend on the boards for updates...I click live stats and I get not this game

Comment

• Trevor Hanson making his first appearance of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                Trevor Hanson making his first appearance of the season.
                                And he immediately bounces in a three. I'll take it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X