Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

    Originally posted by Husky View Post
    If I remember right SCSU stopped recruiting him in high school as he stopped responding to us. Didnt get any d1 offers so he ended up at that JC.

    Seen him play a number of times, liked him but like you said too much sometimes. Cant say I ever seen him shoot a very good % in a game but he didnt have much help at Monticello
    My guess is that if they offered him a scholarship in high school, scsu most likely continued to recruit him as a juco (unless they are different from every other school) especially when learned the d1s didn’t offer him. Especially given the number of good players scsu lost and looking to replace after last season.

    Comment


    • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

      Originally posted by Husky View Post
      If I remember right SCSU stopped recruiting him in high school as he stopped responding to us. Didnt get any d1 offers so he ended up at that JC.

      Seen him play a number of times, liked him but like you said too much sometimes. Cant say I ever seen him shoot a very good % in a game but he didnt have much help at Monticello
      If that's the case, he might already be my favorite player on next year's team. :)

      (I almost feel bad taking shots at the Huskies in response to one of your posts since you rarely post much here these days. If simple had posted that, I would have felt better about taking a jab.)

      Comment


      • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

        Originally posted by laker View Post
        At least you have taken the first step.

        Step 1 of 12: We admitted we were powerless over Augieholism—that our lives had become unmanageable.
        We both know Im not searching for a cure.

        Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
        Are basketball equines (Muleaholics) allowed to join your 12 step group? I can also bring a couple of friends.
        Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
        Sorry to horn-in on the Augie basketball thread. UCM basketball fans already have a 12 step recovery group (Donkeys Anonymous) to deal with our failed basketball program. In 2014, under coach Anderson, we were 30-5 and national champions. Since then, under coach "K" (klink), the Mules basketball program has hit the skids....we ain't worth a donkey crap. Our recovery group meets during the season at 5:00 PM on game day in the parking lot to throw back several shots of Mules Moonshine, so that we have the nerve to show our faces at the game.
        I found myself face to face with a couple burros in Sioux Falls last weekend. Good guys, they dont get the Augie move to D1 but I wont think less of them given our shared sentiments towards NW Mo.

        Comment


        • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

          Comment


          • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

            Originally posted by laker View Post
            I wouldn't be shocked if that pays as well as Mount Marty was paying him.

            Comment


            • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

              Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              I wouldn't be shocked if that pays as well as Mount Marty was paying him.
              I thought maybe he would get the job as stand in for Tony Reali on Around The Horn.

              Comment


              • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                Congrats to the Augie athletic program for being the highest-finishing NSIC team in the Learfield Directors' Cup this year: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/6/13/a...ctors-cup.aspx

                Comment


                • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                  As far as schools making the move from D2 to D1, add Bellarmine to the list:

                  https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...g-atlantic-sun

                  Bellarmine, who does not have football, is moving to Division I beginning with the 2020-21 school year and will become a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The school will compete this year for a final season in the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference.

                  Comment


                  • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                    Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                    As far as schools making the move from D2 to D1, add Bellarmine to the list:

                    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...g-atlantic-sun

                    Bellarmine, who does not have football, is moving to Division I beginning with the 2020-21 school year and will become a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The school will compete this year for a final season in the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference.
                    Man...it's sad in the sense that that's kind of a name you think of when you think D2 hoops over the years. Just seems to play into my theory of what is coming down the road as far as classifications go.

                    Comment


                    • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                      Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                      Man...it's sad in the sense that that's kind of a name you think of when you think D2 hoops over the years. Just seems to play into my theory of what is coming down the road as far as classifications go.
                      I tend to agree. There are getting to be too many also ran low major DI schools. Sooner or later power conferences are going to start paying players at which point everybody else travels in steerage. Maybe then some schools will start to think about dropping back down.

                      Comment


                      • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                        Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        I tend to agree. There are getting to be too many also ran low major DI schools. Sooner or later power conferences are going to start paying players at which point everybody else travels in steerage. Maybe then some schools will start to think about dropping back down.
                        See "New NSIC" for my theory/prediction

                        Comment


                        • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                          Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                          As far as schools making the move from D2 to D1, add Bellarmine to the list:

                          https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...g-atlantic-sun

                          Bellarmine, who does not have football, is moving to Division I beginning with the 2020-21 school year and will become a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The school will compete this year for a final season in the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference.
                          The non-football deal seems to be the ticket for the reach to the brass ring now. Most cash strapped schools figure they can come up with a handful of good basketball players now and then but know their clocks would be perpetually cleaned in football. There was talk on this board about St. Thomas pursuing a waiver for a quicker journey to DI which was scoffed at by some. Charlie Walters added some wind this week saying UST would argue for a waiver because they were kicked out of their conference. It was said that they too would de emphasize football and try to become the likes of a Marquette, Creighton et al.

                          Comment


                          • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                            Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            I tend to agree. There are getting to be too many also ran low major DI schools. Sooner or later power conferences are going to start paying players at which point everybody else travels in steerage. Maybe then some schools will start to think about dropping back down.
                            D2 is also getting watered down by NAIA schools moving to D2 with scant amount of resources.

                            Comment


                            • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                              What is the next step in realignment?

                              PFW going to the Horizon? Augie being their replacement in the Summit? Some other scenario that we haven't thought of yet?

                              Comment


                              • Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

                                Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                                D2 is also getting watered down by NAIA schools moving to D2 with scant amount of resources.
                                Bring on st. Thomas and st. John’s into nsic

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X