Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Why would nonconference games be on campus?

Comment

Perhaps Augie can play their home games on the side courts in the Pentagon. I believe there are six of them, they could even rotate. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        Why would nonconference games be on campus?
        Strictly a guess, but I'm wondering if the cost of renting out the Pentagon (ushers, security staff, facilities, concessions, etc.) outweighs the cost of hosting a less-attended game at the Elmen Center, which obviously wouldn't have a rental fee at all...at least I'd assume it wouldn't. I know that a lot of Augie's staff/faculty work as ticket takers, etc. at the Elmen games, student-athletes from other teams help with post-game cleanup, and it seems students (or at least younger-looking adults) are usually running concessions at the Elmen. I would imagine much of that is either volunteering or fairly cheap if it's not free. So if Augie is playing an NAIA or D3 school on a Wednesday night and attendance is only 1100 instead of 2400, they would probably lose a decent chunk of money out at the Pentagon.

Comment

Talks with the Summit?

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/...al-action-yet/

Comment

NSIC get off your arse on this issue. Don't let Augie run the decision on this, give them the boot first. Don't just sit back and let them tell us when they are leaving, we should tell them when they're done.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              I mean yeah, if Douple wants to pretend he had never talked to Augustana officials until recently he can but that doesn't mean we have to believe him.

Hopefully everyone read the line about Augie being D2 for two more seasons and seared it into their brains.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                NSIC get off your arse on this issue. Don't let Augie run the decision on this, give them the boot first. Don't just sit back and let them tell us when they are leaving, we should tell them when they're done.
                What does the NSIC gain by kicking Augie out early?

Comment

As a thanks to Augustana and Kelby Krabbenhoft the NSIC wants to give the Vikings another men's basketball national championship, therefore the two years.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    As a thanks to Augustana and Kelby Krabbenhoft the NSIC wants to give the Vikings another men's basketball national championship, therefore the two years.
                    What's so funny about this whole thing is that everyone thinks a national title is happening let alone a conference title. I find it very enjoyable

Comment

No chance that happens

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        What's so funny about this whole thing is that everyone thinks a national title is happening let alone a conference title. I find it very enjoyable
                        I recognize that your default is to automatically assume the worst about Augie fans, but you do realize that basically all of us are making those kinds of comments with hopeful optimism, not legitimate certainty, right? When these conversations happen in-person, everyone I've talked to says it with a "Wouldn't it be so cool if..." tone and a smile, not an "After we win another National Championship, we'll make the jump and start winning the Summit League every year too" kind of tone.

Just wanted to clarify.

In reality, NWMSU will continue to be an unstoppable machine until McCollum is gone and Moorhead123 has made it very clear that Augie fans can't even look past our own conference knowing how good the Dragons will be in the coming years. And that doesn't count several other teams (like your highly esteemed Wolves and the always-underappreciated Mustangs) that will continue to be good as well.

Plus, in the hopefully unlikely event that Augie loses any of these current key players before they graduate, it will severely dampen those hopes before it even gets to the point of being realistic.

Comment

To echo MrA's comments, the odds of winning a natty are super slim and a conference title would be a struggle. My statement was in jest to Simples kick AU out of the conference words. Augie's young guns are a joy to watch and hope springs eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            To echo MrA's comments, the odds of winning a natty are super slim and a conference title would be a struggle. My statement was in jest to Simples kick AU out of the conference words. Augie's young guns are a joy to watch and hope springs eternal.
                            It was more so others than the Augie faithful, boy...never thought I'd see the day when i would say thing to get people wound up or just to be funny and have Augie posters coming to defend their actions when they dont really need to. What a world, MrAugustana will be able to go on to D1 knowing he has left his mark. Haha

Comment

Meanwhile, on a serious note and maybe this is more of a post season, next year thread (we can start one if we wish). Augie has one walk on senior leaving...that leaves three juniors, four sophomores, seven freshman and three (as of now) in coming freshman. I cant remember the roster size and how it works with redshirts. I believe it is 15 and then can have redshirts correct but could be wrong, either way, that's a lot of numbers. Home games will look like the NSU womens branch wrapping around to the baseline.

Comment

It was more so others than the Augie faithful, boy...never thought I'd see the day when i would say thing to get people wound up or just to be funny and have Augie posters coming to defend their actions when they dont really need to. What a world, MrAugustana will be able to go on to D1 knowing he has left his mark. Haha
                                When I know how sensitive you are about things Augie fans (and the Augie coaches) say, I just want to make sure you don't get too upset. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X