Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Three frosh averaging double figures is pretty impressive.

Comment

You are absolutely right on Fox, and I have adjusted my original post accordingly. Either their website didn't sort the players by class correctly, or I completely overlooked it.

Like you, I don't believe it differentiates between redshirt freshman or true freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        Three frosh averaging double figures is pretty impressive.
        Technically they also have another true freshman, Trevor Hanson, averaging 9.3 points and 4 rebounds per game. But I figured he wasn't any more likely to get it than the other three I listed.

Comment

Would also give some recognition to chase grinde from USF and drake jeffries from minot state, both unlikely to have shot at freshman of year award, but good players with bight futures.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
            Would also give some recognition to chase grinde from USF and drake jeffries from minot state, both unlikely to have shot at freshman of year award, but good players with bight futures.
            Yeah, I'm not trying to ignore decent freshmen across the league, more just looking at any that would even be realistically considered in the Freshman of the Year discussion, primarily from a statistical standpoint.

So any of you freshmen who read this board regularly and whose names I didn't mention, please don't go and hang 25 on Augie in vengeance anytime soon.

Comment

Nice work here MrAugustana. "The committee will hopefully see the heart that Parker Fox plays with. Whether on the bench or on the court, playing a position unknown to him until this season he bring a fire and passion for the game and his teammates. This kid really is coachable and has a high motor. Speaking of high, have you seen this kid get up? On offense and on defense this kid can jump out of the gym and one can only hope the committee see these block and dunk numbers and of course the measurement of vertical and 'Mean Mugging' and give this kid the award he desevers."

Best coach Calipari impersonation I can do.

Comment

My freshman of the year is Ethan Schuemer from SCSU. He may spell it wrong, but best last name in the league in my opinion. And fairly ironic, that at SCSU home games, he's the one who reads the sportsmanship pledge. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  My freshman of the year is Ethan Schuemer from SCSU. He may spell it wrong, but best last name in the league in my opinion. And fairly ironic, that at SCSU home games, he's the one who reads the sportsmanship pledge. :)
                  Reimerthaler must have a pretty good sense of humor.

Comment

Cool story on the family of Augie freshman AJ Plitzuweit and the many ways basketball has influenced all of their lives.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...SMAsLubOTfzcsw

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Reimerthaler must have a pretty good sense of humor.
                      +1

Comment

Just saw that it was Coach Billeter's 300th career win at Augie. Some nice (and a few humorous) comments from former players in this video that assistant coach Chad Hettermann posted:

Congrats to Texas Tom on the achievement. Augie's program was far from what it is now when he came in, and it has been fun to watch the entire program transition from consistent bottom-dweller to solid contender nearly every season.

Comment

The ineptitude of this game has led me to spot Riemersma, sans walking boot, on the Augie bench. A return may be in the offing.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            The ineptitude of this game has led me to spot Riemersma, sans walking boot, on the Augie bench. A return may be in the offing.
                            Jeff Fylling said he is hearing maybe in two weeks.

Comment

Augustana beat St. Cloud 92-91 tonight.

Schaefer had a career game against his hometown's university. 29 points(69% on field goals), and 7 boards. Also, the young'n dished out 5 assists, including a crucial dime to Cartwright who drilled a 3 to cap off a 12-point run and give Augie a 85-82 lead; their biggest of the game at that point.

Now, I could talk about the fantastic performances from Michael, Matt, AJ and Trevor.

But no.

How about BEAU KEEVE? The 6'0 junior transfer was given the assignment of defending Gage Davis during the final 7 minutes of the game. And he locked it down. Other than a practically futile putback with :13 left in the game, Davis was unable to connect a field goal while Keeve demonstrated excellent defense on a POY hopeful. When interviewed by Mr. Fylling at the end of the game, Billeter said that they picked the Keeve/Davis matchup because Brindley Theisen was absolutely LETHAL tonight. In a hope that St. Cloud would stop going to Theisen, Augie's coaching staff confidentally decided to have Keeve guard Davis- assuming that the St. Cloud coaching staff would follow suit and funnel their offense through Davis. Fortunately for Augustana, Keeve showed out tonight and helped the Vikings secure a memorable W. Spectacular performance from all of the Vikings tonight.

Can some old-school Augie fans perhaps remind me the last great unanswered runs by the Vikes? I remember some great runs courtesy of Corey MacIntosh, Cam McCaffrey and Chad Hettermann from years past... but this is the best team-led runs of recent memory. Great game.
                              Last edited by Augie Boy; 02-09-2019, 08:37 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

Congrats to incoming Viking Isaac Fink on passing the 3,000 point scoring mark...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X