Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by John View Post
    Again, there is nothing wrong with Augie wanting more. I don't blame them for moving up. My issue is with direction the NSIC decided to take. Exposure is great. Corporate sponsorship is great. Games on T.V. is great. The sacrifices made in order to get those things were too much, in my opinion. I think D-II could be about more than mimicking division I.

For all the talk of bitterness, you sure love to make things personal. You don't know me bud, and I don't know you. I like rivalries. I like fighting for the right to host a conference tournament. I liked having a conference where a majority of the games were within driving distance for a die-hard fan. That has nothing to do with being small-minded. Its just a different opinion.
    Not personal at all. Just trying to phrase things in a way that you may understand. My comment of 'the rest of the fans' doesn't mean I literally speak for them. Everyone is allowed to disagree with that, just from my experience in talking to other fans and reading their posts, it's clear most don't have the same hatred for the NSIC as you. Your posts have always come across as self serving, I'm trying to say it's about more than you.

No obsession with you, although not surprised you'd make it about you. Just a severe hatred for stupidity and selfishness. When I see that, I can't keep my mouth shut. Personal flaw I suppose.

It's ok that you want a 1960s conference. The reality is that isn't the case in D2 anymore. Winona is free to drop to D3 and play with all Minnesota schools. The conference would miss them much less than they'll miss Augustana.

Comment

Augie is about to know exactly what its like to be a small fish in a big pond.

I was happy when the four NCC teams joined the NSIC.

I don't think its laughable that Augie used the NSIC, I think its simply fact. Augie definitely got more of the benefits from that arrangement. The NSIC was a stepping stone.

I'm well aware that there were votes on these things. My criticism is with how they voted. Winona State voted for them too. I do not speak for Winona State.

I liked it when the conference tournament did not go to the highest bidder like a cheap whore. The conference tournament in Sioux Falls and the western expansion of the NSIC makes even less sense without Augustana than it did a decade ago. Period.
      Change is hard for some people, we get it.

Comment

I'm not bitter at AU and USF for being located in Sanford's backyard. Sanford doth provide ...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
          Not personal at all. Just trying to phrase things in a way that you may understand. My comment of 'the rest of the fans' doesn't mean I literally speak for them. Everyone is allowed to disagree with that, just from my experience in talking to other fans and reading their posts, it's clear most don't have the same hatred for the NSIC as you. Your posts have always come across as self serving, I'm trying to say it's about more than you.

No obsession with you, although not surprised you'd make it about you. Just a severe hatred for stupidity and selfishness. When I see that, I can't keep my mouth shut. Personal flaw I suppose.

It's ok that you want a 1960s conference. The reality is that isn't the case in D2 anymore. Winona is free to drop to D3 and play with all Minnesota schools. The conference would miss them much less than they'll miss Augustana.
          Well, thanks for that and for your ability to be condescending in everything that you write. I have often found that the people who think they are smarter than others usually know the least, and I'll let you decide for yourself if you fall into that category.

Augie does not want the NSIC. You can miss them all you want. It's not a hypothetical. You're stuck with Winona State until MSU and SCSU leaves, and the NSIC is truly screwed.

I'm not being self-serving. I have nothing to gain from the success of Winona State, and my job makes it nearly impossible to attend most WSU games these days anyway. Also, WSU votes the way you would like them to vote on these things. I have not written in these forums for quite some time, but you'll have to forgive me for coming on here and making people eat crow after this latest development. The NSIC had a flawed vision.

I think the WIAC would make a lot of sense for WSU if it were not D-III, and I don't think there is any sense in looking down upon them for playing in a different division.

I wasn't alive in the 60's. I'll defer to your judgement.
          Last edited by John; 12-16-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Change is hard for some people, we get it.
            "We"

Comment

Well, thanks for that and for your ability to be condescending in everything that you write. I have often found that the people who think they are smarter than others usually know the least, and I'll let you decide for yourself if you fall into that category.

Augie does not want the NSIC. You can miss them all you want. It's not a hypothetical. You're stuck with Winona State until MSU and SCSU leaves, and the NSIC is truly screwed.

I'm not being self-serving. I have nothing to gain from the success of Winona State, and my job makes it nearly impossible to attend most WSU games these days anyway. Also, WSU votes the way you would like them to vote on these things. I have not written in these forums for quite some time, but you'll have to forgive me for coming on here and making people eat crow after this latest development. The NSIC had a flawed vision.

I think the WIAC would make a lot of sense for WSU if it were not D-III, and I don't think there is any sense in looking down upon them for playing in a different division.

I wasn't alive in the 60's. I'll defer to your judgement.
              This is dripping with so much irony that there is now a fifth ocean.

Comment

This is dripping with so much irony that there is now a fifth ocean.
                Haha. Maybe. I think you could use with a good look at yourself in the mirror too.

Comment

"We"
                  Do you have trouble seeing other colors than black and white??

Comment

Haha. Maybe. I think you could use with a good look at yourself in the mirror too.
                    Perhaps. But I don't care what you think :) Clearly... (insert whatever joking emoji you prefer)

Comment

Do you have trouble seeing other colors than black and white??
                      Perhaps. But I don't care what you think :) Clearly... (insert whatever joking emoji you prefer)
                      No, but my sense of humor does not translate very well through message boards.

I'm glad. There is honestly nothing anyone could say on here to upset me and I hope the reverse is also true.

I'll stop hijacking this thread now so Augie fans can start talking about how much they are going to struggle in D-I. :)

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the corporate sponsorship from the Sioux Falls area that drives a lot of the league postseason stuff to Sioux Falls stays at its current level once Augie does leave.

Comment

Gee. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                            It will be interesting to see if the corporate sponsorship from the Sioux Falls area that drives a lot of the league postseason stuff to Sioux Falls stays at its current level once Augie does leave.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                              Don't the Sanfords already sponsor the Summit League tournament? It's not like the Augie move means their dollars would have a new conference to support.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                Gee. Thanks a lot.
                                Nothing personal towards fans or the school. Same could likely be said about MSU. Sioux Falls is a great market for D2 sports. Yes, we'll still have USF in the conference but it seems that Augie is #1 in Sioux Falls (for current D2 schools anyway).

The conference isn't going to implode upon itself losing Augie. But it will feel the impact.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X