• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Augustana's Current D-II Athletics Budget: $10.3 million
    Augustana's school endowment:: $67 million in 2016

Summit League Comparisons:
    NDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $23.2 million (public school)
    NDSU school endowment: $202 million in 2017

SDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $20 million (public school)
    SDSU school endowment: $113 million in 2017

Denver's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $35 million (private school)
    Denver's school endowment: $711 million in 2017

Yet, even their current budget wouldn't put them at the bottom of DI. It would, actually, put them above Nicholls which made the FCS playoffs this season.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

It's interesting to see how much more the three schools you mentioned spend than other DI FCS schools. For example, per that USA Today listing, Jacksonville State spends about $12M less than NDSU.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Endowment 211 million. Couldn't find athletic budget figures.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
        Long term, I get it. Bigger stage, more prestige, renew rivalries with SDSU and USD.

Short term, a lot of casualties. Transition is tough.

The current players in all sports for the most part aren't D1 caliber. There will be a lot of transfers, and a lot of losses.

Will coaches stay? Billeter will certainly have other opportunities. He is reaching the age where he may not want to stick around for the difficult transition years.

Finally, bad news for this board. Collectively, the Augie posters have added a lot of fun to the NSIC board. I will miss the silly posts, the obscure cultural reference posts, the "poke the Winona fans" posts, and even the occasionally insightful on topic basketball posts. It's more than a bit sad to know the end is near. Finish strong..we will miss you all when you are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
          Basically a box of popcorn and a soda.
          Thats if you order it at Halenbeck Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            LI've thought more than once since Thursday night about where I would be able to release my taeks during this transition and beyond but have yet to come up with an answer. Thank you for those words of manly, Midwestern respect. I'm going to take this time to announce that personally until (if ever) a better option presents itself I'm not going anywhere.
            I think that you would look very good in Husky Red and Black. :)
            Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 12-15-2018, 03:23 PM. Reason: Con't spell

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
              I think that you would look very good in Husky Red and Black. :)
              You should probably focus your recruitment efforts on those easily-swayed Northern fans you have been Jedi mind-tricking.

Not that anyone wants me on their side, but when Augie does make the jump, I will most likely pledge my D2 allegiance to the Wildcats of Wayne, America.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                You should probably focus your recruitment efforts on those easily-swayed Northern fans you have been Jedi mind-tricking.

Not that anyone wants me on their side, but when Augie does make the jump, I will most likely pledge my D2 allegiance to the Wildcats of Wayne, America.
                Are you the Italy of the D2 world?

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  Thats if you order it at Halenbeck Hall.
                  How the hell did you get the soda too?? You just be a big time VIP at Halenbeck. Or senior citizen discount.

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

The Wayne contingent on here are kind, insightful, and a joy to interact with. Dont you put that evil on them Ricky Bobby!

Comment

Nice win for Augustana Vikings men's BB this afternoon. Matt Cartwright scored 31 of his 37 points in the 2nd half, Tyler Riemersma had a double- double 22 in points 18 rebounds a 91-76 victory. Harrison Cleary accounted for 26 points. Look out for these young Vikings, they got some swagger.

Comment

Augustana's Current D-II Athletics Budget: $10.3 million
                          Augustana's school endowment:: $67 million in 2016

Summit League Comparisons:
                          NDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $23.2 million (public school)
                          NDSU school endowment: $202 million in 2017

SDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $20 million (public school)
                          SDSU school endowment: $113 million in 2017

Denver's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $35 million (private school)
                          Denver's school endowment: $711 million in 2017
                          Keep in mind that those schools didn't have athletic budgets that large when they first announced the move to Division I. In all likelihood, they were probably comparable to where Augie is at.

Comment

12 minutes on the subject.

gomid.co/ll5v8

According to this, Augie will be in the NSIC for 2019-20.

Football has two options- scholarship or non-scholarship.

No plans to drop any sports.

Currently at 10 million for the athletic budget, more will have to be generated.
                            The NSIC did so much to try to keep Sioux Falls and Augie happy, and then they end up leaving: The western expansion, the Sioux Falls conference tournament, etc. Can't make this stuff up. The Minnesota schools can now look at each other and say "Hey, at least we have Minot State".

The stupidity of the people who had been making decisions for the conference and universities over the past decade is immeasurable. Same can be said for a few of the posters on this board who defended those decisions. I don't blame Augie, by the way. The used this conference and its members like cheap...well, you can use your own word.

As for how Augie will do in division I - Don't know. Don't really care.
                            Last edited by John; 12-16-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              The NSIC did so much to try to keep Sioux Falls and Augie happy, and then they end up leaving: The western expansion, the Sioux Falls conference tournament, etc. Can't make this stuff up. The Minnesota schools can now look at each other and say "Hey, at least we have Minot State".

The stupidity of the people who had been making decisions for the conference and universities over the past decade is immeasurable. Same can be said for a few of the posters on this board who defended those decisions. I don't blame Augie, by the way. The used this conference and its members like cheap...well, you can use your own word.

Awfully bitter for someone who doesn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Stop I'm blushing.

Whether it's your theories about bias in favor of Augie/Sioux Falls, officiating, travel, or Winona athletics I just want you to know we'll miss you too John.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X