X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    They will be in transition before 20-21 IMO
    Any specific reason why you feel they'll transition so quickly? Everything put out there by Augie has had a focused, unhurried feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Any specific reason why you feel they'll transition so quickly? Everything put out there by Augie has had a focused, unhurried feel to it.
      Just a gut feeling

Comment

12 minutes on the subject.

gomid.co/ll5v8

According to this, Augie will be in the NSIC for 2019-20.

Football has two options- scholarship or non-scholarship.

No plans to drop any sports.

Currently at 10 million for the athletic budget, more will have to be generated.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Just for clarification, this is according to NSIC bylaws.

The conference would need an official notice of withdrawal by Dec. 31 of any year for the withdrawal to become effective June 30 of the second year following the filing.

So, my understanding is, even if Augie is accepted into a conference by the end of this month, they still wouldn't officially leave the conference until June 30, 2020.

Comment

12 minutes on the subject.

gomid.co/ll5v8

Football has two options- scholarship or non-scholarship.

No plans to drop any sports.

Currently at 10 million for the athletic budget, more will have to be generated.
            Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

The conference would need an official notice of withdrawal by Dec. 31 of any year for the withdrawal to become effective June 30 of the second year following the filing.

So, my understanding is, even if Augie is accepted into a conference by the end of this month, they still wouldn't officially leave the conference until June 30, 2020.
            What's the buyout figure to leave the conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              What's the buyout figure to leave the conference?
              The figure I've heard thrown around is $50K

Comment

The figure I've heard thrown around is $50K
                Basically a box of popcorn and a soda.

Comment

Or they could just say we are leaving; what are you going to do about it?

Comment

Long term, I get it. Bigger stage, more prestige, renew rivalries with SDSU and USD.

Short term, a lot of casualties. Transition is tough.

The current players in all sports for the most part aren't D1 caliber. There will be a lot of transfers, and a lot of losses.

Will coaches stay? Billeter will certainly have other opportunities. He is reaching the age where he may not want to stick around for the difficult transition years.

Finally, bad news for this board. Collectively, the Augie posters have added a lot of fun to the NSIC board. I will miss the silly posts, the obscure cultural reference posts, the "poke the Winona fans" posts, and even the occasionally insightful on topic basketball posts. It's more than a bit sad to know the end is near. Finish strong..we will miss you all when you are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                      Finally, bad news for this board. Collectively, the Augie posters have added a lot of fun to the NSIC board. I will miss the silly posts, the obscure cultural reference posts, the "poke the Winona fans" posts, and even the occasionally insightful on topic basketball posts. It's more than a bit sad to know the end is near. Finish strong..we will miss you all when you are gone.
                      Damn, didn't even think about that. Will be a big blow to the activity level....

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                        Long term, I get it. Bigger stage, more prestige, renew rivalries with SDSU and USD.

Short term, a lot of casualties. Transition is tough.

The current players in all sports for the most part aren't D1 caliber. There will be a lot of transfers, and a lot of losses.

Will coaches stay? Billeter will certainly have other opportunities. He is reaching the age where he may not want to stick around for the difficult transition years.

Logic abounds from this post. The transition period will include a lot of losses across the board and more games against far flung opponents than I can comprehend. As long as the majority of the fan base realizes this is a move you cant judge for 10, 15, maybe 20 years they should have the stomach to survive with their sanity in tact.

With the widespread rumor that Augie is going non-scholarship football Billeter becomes the unofficial face of the move. He has been telling anyone who will listen that Augie should go D1 for over a decade and now it's happening with him and his program at the center. After he was overlooked for a few D1 jobs after the National Title it feels unbelievably righteous that he will finally be a D1 HC. I dont see him going anywhere as long as Augie gives him the resources to succeed.

I've thought more than once since Thursday night about where I would be able to release my taeks during this transition and beyond but have yet to come up with an answer. Thank you for those words of manly, Midwestern respect. I'm going to take this time to announce that personally until (if ever) a better option presents itself I'm not going anywhere.

Comment

Damn, didn't even think about that. Will be a big blow to the activity level....
                          First thing I thought of when talk of the move surfaced. Expect a much quieter board.

Comment

Augustana's Current D-II Athletics Budget: $10.3 million
                            Augustana's school endowment:: $67 million in 2016

Summit League Comparisons:
                            NDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $23.2 million (public school)
                            NDSU school endowment: $202 million in 2017

SDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $20 million (public school)
                            SDSU school endowment: $113 million in 2017

Denver's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $35 million (private school)
                            Denver's school endowment: $711 million in 2017

Comment

Logic abounds from this post. The transition period will include a lot of losses across the board and more games against far flung opponents than I can comprehend. As long as the majority of the fan base realizes this is a move you cant judge for 10, 15, maybe 20 years they should have the stomach to survive with their sanity in tact.

With the widespread rumor that Augie is going non-scholarship football Billeter becomes the unofficial face of the move. He has been telling anyone who will listen that Augie should go D1 for over a decade and now it's happening with him and his program at the center. After he was overlooked for a few D1 jobs after the National Title it feels unbelievably righteous that he will finally be a D1 HC. I dont see him going anywhere as long as Augie gives him the resources to succeed.

I've thought more than once since Thursday night about where I would be able to release my taeks during this transition and beyond but have yet to come up with an answer. Thank you for those words of manly, Midwestern respect. I'm going to take this time to announce that personally until (if ever) a better option presents itself I'm not going anywhere.

Comment

Augustana's Current D-II Athletics Budget: $10.3 million
                                Augustana's school endowment:: $67 million in 2016

Summit League Comparisons:
                                NDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $23.2 million (public school)
                                NDSU school endowment: $202 million in 2017

SDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $20 million (public school)
                                SDSU school endowment: $113 million in 2017

Denver's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $35 million (private school)
                                Denver's school endowment: $711 million in 2017

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X