Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

As much as it pains me to finally give in and start a new thread for the Augustana Vikings, there's news to be posted and the old thread doesn't seem to be making a triumphant return as of now.

If the old threads do return, maybe a moderator can combine this one with the old one. Or maybe that's impossible.

Either way, for those interested, it looks like the Augie men's basketball team will be honored for their National Championship at the homecoming game this weekend:

http://www.goaugie.com/news/2016/10/...-saturday.aspx

All of the National Championship players will be there (except Danimal, who is playing overseas in Belgium). Also mentions that new players will be introduced.

Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

I wonder where all of those missing posts went. I'm not going to point fingers, but I did see simple at Wal-Mart with a cart full of bleach.

Comment

I was just waiting for colt 45 to come down from the mountains and wilderness to bestow us with a new one, sort of like Moses.

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
        I was just waiting for colt 45 to come down from the mountains and wilderness to bestow us with a new one, sort of like Moses.
        Haha. Funny you say that, since that's the exact reason I waited as long as I did.

Comment

At Saturdays homecoming football game the NATIONAL CHAMPION AUGUSTANA VIKING basketball squad were bestowed their NC rings to a thunderous applause. National player of the year Dan Jansen was not present as he was across the pond in Europe I theorize. Brought a smile to my face and euphoria seeing the squad.

Comment

Came across this tweet from Jay Wright (coach of last year's D1 National Champion, Villanova) and thought it was kind of cool:

Comment

Any idea as to why there were at the Cuyahoga HTS 60th Reunion?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                Great question. Board says 50th reunion, but I agree with Lakers math.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Great question. Board says 50th reunion, but I agree with Lakers math.
                  Darn unripe cataracts! The Cuyahoga River must be on fire again!

Comment

Looking through Coach Billeter's tweets, he has the same photo posted a few days before Jay Wright's, mentioning something about a Nike Clinic. Maybe that's the site where the clinic was held?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Looking through Coach Billeter's tweets, he has the same photo posted a few days before Jay Wright's, mentioning something about a Nike Clinic. Maybe that's the site where the clinic was held?
                      I think that you hit it right on the head. Back in my coaching days I remember seeing a list of Nike basketball clinics and seeing one at Cuyahoga. I wondered why even then.

Comment

The Augustana All-Access show on Midco had a short segment featuring the men's bball team getting its National Championship rings at the homecoming football game last Saturday. The basketball segment starts at the 16:45 mark for anyone interested. Also talks a little bit about the upcoming season for the Vikes.

Comment

Hearing good things out of fall camp from my sources close to the situation. Kerkman could surprise some people. Tall and long, he could get early PT and I just got really excited about the upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                            Hearing good things out of fall camp from my sources close to the situation. Kerkman could surprise some people. Tall and long, he could get early PT and I just got really excited about the upcoming season.
                            That's good news for sure. Last I'd heard, he had only recently started working out after recovering from the broken foot he's had pretty much all through the preseason. I like your report on Kerkman a little more than the reports I'd been hearing.

Comment

Came across this tweet on the Augie men's bball Twitter account and thought it was kind of cool. Congrats to Dan. Seems things are off to a good start for him over in Belgium.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X