Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieman78 View Post
    I agree. You’re never going to keep everyone happy and yes you’re going to have players leave through the portal whether it’s from playing time, the school environment or anything else. I wasn’t saying anyone was being treated unfair or favored I was just saying Toms demeanor was different this year. Someone would make a mistake (turn over, bad foul) he’d throw his hands in the air yell and pull them out of the game. I seen it on several occasions through out the year. Every player is different and will react differently to this. Some times for the good and sometimes for the worse. At the end of the season when he would yell at Jaden he would almost ignore him. I seen it, I was sitting right behind the bench. None of us know the situations of these players and why they are choosing to enter the transfer portal. I also wish them the best of luck in the future. I just hope this doesn’t become a trend.
    I'm not saying this was a reflection on Coach Billeter but I was surprised how few mens players were there for alumni weekend.

Comment

• 1st of all, I'm a big believer in Tom Billeter as he turned a moribund program into national champions from a small church school in SD and brought much pride to alumnus and fans. Coach Billeter is not a perfect coach, but the sum of him is darn good. Before TexasTom you have to go way back to Bill Gross for a successful coach.

Comment

• Augie will have 3 open roster spots assuming no one else leaves. Do they try to find players on the transfer portal to fill them? They already have 4 incoming freshmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
          Augie will have 3 open roster spots assuming no one else leaves. Do they try to find players on the transfer portal to fill them? They already have 4 incoming freshmen.
          As the great philosophizer Andy Dufresne says "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

I would imagine Tom would be after wings and bigs in the portal to fill out the scholarship(s) that are now available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

As the great philosophizer Andy Dufresne says "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

I would imagine Tom would be after wings and bigs in the portal to fill out the scholarship(s) that are now available.
            I would have to believe Andy and Red had it good on that beach

According to Verbal Commits AU, UMD and USF have offered Jonathan Mekonnen a 6'5" forward out of Apple Valley Eastview for 2024

Jonathan Mekonnen (@jonmekonnen) / Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I would have to believe Andy and Red had it good on that beach

According to Verbal Commits AU, UMD and USF have offered Jonathan Mekonnen a 6'5" forward out of Apple Valley Eastview for 2024

Jonathan Mekonnen (@jonmekonnen) / Twitter
              I think he's closer to 6'8". Augie offered him last August.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

I think he's closer to 6'8". Augie offered him last August.
                I have seen three heights on Jonathan 6'5, 7" and 8" He may be a growing young man. Augie was first to offer.

Comment

• What should I expect to see from the Augie women in the regional vs. MSSU tomorrow? Who are their best players and what do they bring to the table? What kind of style do they play?

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                    What should I expect to see from the Augie women in the regional vs. MSSU tomorrow? Who are their best players and what do they bring to the table? What kind of style do they play?
                    Aislinn Duffy is the best offensive threat, she's a post player who can also hit a three. Lauren Sees is the starting PG and the best chance of making something happen off the dribble. Michaela Jewett is their 3pt gunner. Jennifer Aadland is the other starting post and probably the best athlete of the group. In typical Krauth fashion they play loose. Most of their shots result from Duffy post ups, Sees drives, or kick out 3s that start with Duffy post ups or Sees drives so they have a high ceiling and a low floor.

They're the only team to beat Duluth this season and they did it in Duluth so they're capable of beating just about anyone. However, when compared to other Regional teams they're fairly inconsistent. They got demolished by Mankato twice because they had no response for the Mavericks press and UMD humbled them in the NSIC Tourney Semifinals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Aislinn Duffy is the best offensive threat, she's a post player who can also hit a three. Lauren Sees is the starting PG and the best chance of making something happen off the dribble. Michaela Jewett is their 3pt gunner. Jennifer Aadland is the other starting post and probably the best athlete of the group. In typical Krauth fashion they play loose. Most of their shots result from Duffy post ups, Sees drives, or kick out 3s that start with Duffy post ups or Sees drives so they have a high ceiling and a low floor.

They're the only team to beat Duluth this season and they did it in Duluth so they're capable of beating just about anyone. However, when compared to other Regional teams they're fairly inconsistent. They got demolished by Mankato twice because they had no response for the Mavericks press and UMD humbled them in the NSIC Tourney Semifinals.
                      Thank you very much! Our girls just played their 3 best games of the year in the MIAA tourney, so I'm hoping we won't have a letdown. We are sometimes inconsistent during a game, sometimes going on a 5-minute scoring drought. That didn't happen in KC, so I hope we're past that. When we're playing well, we can beat anyone. We beat Duluth on the first weekend of November, but I know both teams are very different now. Hope our ladies play well, and looking forward to an exciting game tomorrow.

Comment

• Augie up 3 at the break. Michaela Jewett goes off for 17points and Sees contributes 5 assists and 4 rebounds. Augie needs to cut down on MoSo's offensive rebounds.

Comment

• Michaela Jewett up to 27pts Augie 68 MSSU 63. 5min left in game.

Comment

• late turnovers killing vikings

Comment

• That was absolutely brutal, basically the worst possible way for Krauth to go out.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                                late turnovers killing vikings
                                Lacy Stokes was unstoppable. Countered by Michaela Jewett. That last turnover..........

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X