Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Men's Non-Conference Games Thread

For those interested in discussing non-conference games (like tonight's Northern/SMSU match-up), I figured this might be a good place to start that conversation. Since we're mostly past exhibition games and all.

Re: NSIC Men's Non-Conference Games Thread

I was thinking we should talk about this in the recruiting page and maybe the opening volleyball matches on the St. Cloud Huskies thread, I know Simple has been waiting all week...

But since you started the thread, I'll play nice.

This is almost always a close matchup between the Mustangs and the Wolves. Other than a certain someone from Marshall getting put on blast on Twitter for saying Hawaiian Night was bigger than I Hate Winter, the two fan bases typically get along well, the coaches seem to get along and I think everyone loves Bigler and respects him for all he has has to go through.

Northern is 64-26 all-time against the Mustangs and Sather is 5-5 during his time (Wolves have won 5 of the last seven).

Very much looking forward to see how the Wolves do. Without looking I thought I remember seeing the Mustangs have had a rocky start and I want to see if the Wolves will establish themselves as a front runner in the NSIC and for the most part control games or if we are dealing with a year where we "could" win the title but it ends up being close in the conference. Id really like to see Peterka and Smith have a standout game. As always, a lot of our success with hinge on the role players of Evans, Decker, King and Fries.

Comment

This is a matchup that I would normally drive to Marshall to see. However, I have supper/program to attend in Hutchinson tonight so I won't make it.

I was in Brookings last night to watch SDSU beat Alabama State. The fog was the worst by Marshall west. I hope that fans don't have that to contend with tonight- probably way too windy.

Comment

Is the Southwest game going to be done in time for the basketball game to start? Or did they play on different courts?

Comment

Not a very clean game and feels like there is no flow...i have been hit and miss watching as the kids are just going down. Wolves up 34-28 3:33 to go in the 1st half

Comment

We look awful....my goodness

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              We look awful....my goodness

Comment

I'll get to see all of the 2nd half now, but from what I saw just both looked sloppy and kind of sluggish. I think SMSU does a good work with their feed, though a running clock would be good. B+

Comment

Score?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                    Score?
                    NSU 72-62 with 4:49 to go

Comment

Wolves win 81-68

Comment

UIU wins big against Quincy 81-59 I believe.....looks like they controlled the whole game, up big at half time. Good to see after a disappointing weekend!

Comment

Is the Southwest game going to be done in time for the basketball game to start? Or did they play on different courts?
                          I'm sure that you have found this out by now, but volleyball plays in the old gym to the east and basketball in the new one to the west. The old one is much more cozy for volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                            I'm sure that you have found this out by now, but volleyball plays in the old gym to the east and basketball in the new one to the west. The old one is much more cozy for volleyball.
                            I was following the volleyball scores and then got a notice on the basketball score so I assumed so. I wish NSU could do something for a more "snug" environment for volleyball.

Comment

I was following the volleyball scores and then got a notice on the basketball score so I assumed so. I wish NSU could do something for a more "snug" environment for volleyball.
                              It is better to have a smaller venue for volleyball. Really works well for the Gophers instead of playing in Williams Arena. I was there over Labor Day and the place was packed and loud. Also gives the volleyball team their own "court".

I remember going to basketball games at Southwest in the old arena. Pretty cozy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X