Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Men's Non-Conference Games Thread

Originally posted by laker View Post
    I'm sure that you have found this out by now, but volleyball plays in the old gym to the east and basketball in the new one to the west. The old one is much more cozy for volleyball.
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I was following the volleyball scores and then got a notice on the basketball score so I assumed so. I wish NSU could do something for a more "snug" environment for volleyball.
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    I remember going to basketball games at Southwest in the old arena. Pretty cozy.
    Yup, for a history lesson, the PE Gym was the home for all indoor sports until 1996, when the R/A Facility was built. Now, it still is the home for SMSU volleyball and wrestling, while the basketball teams moved over to the R/A Facility. Per the website, the PE Gym has a capacity of 2,000, compared to the R/A Facility capacity of 4,000. It's a great environment for volleyball, and can get pretty loud in there. 29-4 at home in the last 3 seasons.

Comment

Spencer ends the game with 33 points and 7 assists. Marcus Asmus puts up 20 points 5 boards. Not a whole lot else to say in a loss like this. I suppose Jamison Bryan playing more like a sophomore than a true freshman is encouraging. Otherwise, just a frustrating loss for the Vikes to Graceland.

Comment

So, reading todays lines on my betting service and inadvertently they listed the Wisconsin-Milwaukee vs Concordia game on it. Wisc.-Mil. was at -24.5. I got onto that one as quickly as possible. C'mon Joey. go lay that proverbial egg. :)

Comment

The UPers from Northern and Tech have converged on the FM metro area to face the host Dragons and Mustangs today and tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            So, reading todays lines on my betting service and inadvertently they listed the Wisconsin-Milwaukee vs Concordia game on it. Wisc.-Mil. was at -24.5. I got onto that one as quickly as possible. C'mon Joey. go lay that proverbial egg. :)
            For a second I though you found a place with d2 lines. Be a nice retirement gig for you once this stuff gets legalized in the next few years.

Comment

For a second I though you found a place with d2 lines. Be a nice retirement gig for you once this stuff gets legalized in the next few years.
              Its not that its not legalized, they just don't want to make lines for games they have such little information on.
              I would be in heaven if that happened.

Comment

Simple as the D2 version of Sam "Ace" Rothstein. But who would play Ginger?

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  Its not that its not legalized, they just don't want to make lines for games they have such little information on.
                  I would be in heaven if that happened.
                  I meant the taking action part haha

Comment

Mustangs getting beat again 27-21 with 7:45 left in the first.

Moorhead got themselves a nice court but boy that gym could use some more color...they might as well be Stangs colors ha.

Comment

Southwest started connecting on some threes, MTU leads 37-33 at the half.

Comment

Moorhead got themselves a nice court but boy that gym could use some more color...they might as well be Stangs colors ha.
                        I think there are a bunch of gyms around the NSIC that are fairly similar, but some just seem better put together than others. Your example is one of them.

Comment

Mustangs getting beat again 27-21 with 7:45 left in the first.

Why does Moorhead always have cars on one end of the court? Is some local dealer using the gym as an advertising lot. Looks like one of them has a price tag hanging from the rear view mirror. Capitalism at its best. MAGA.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Why does Moorhead always have cars on one end of the court? Is some local dealer using the gym as an advertising lot. Looks like one of them has a price tag hanging from the rear view mirror.
                            Yeah that's definitely a weird one....

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              Why does Moorhead always have cars on one end of the court? Is some local dealer using the gym as an advertising lot. Looks like one of them has a price tag hanging from the rear view mirror. Capitalism at its best. MAGA.
                              Not uncommon. Northern has done that as long as I can remember. The dealers who are boosters, pay for advertising on signage, programs, radio ads, etc. I'd assume more money for allowing them to bring cars in. Even the high school in the town I live in now does it.

Comment

This one is all but over. SMSU with really good energy and Tech looks incredibly flustered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X