Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week One NSIC Chat

5-0 run for SMSU in last minute of first half. Winona leads 39-35.

Comment

War Damn Golden Eagle about to move to 2-1 in the NSIC!!

Comment

SMSU on a 7-0 run. Playing really well this half and lead 63-56 with 8 minutes left.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          War Damn Golden Eagle about to move to 2-1 in the NSIC!!
          We all love it until it is our team that serves it's penance

Comment

SMSU on a 7-0 run. Playing really well this half and lead 63-56 with 8 minutes left.
            Bruggeman is tough as nails. Man, is he talented. Warriors not going down without a fight. Down 1 with a minute to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
              Bruggeman is tough as nails. Man, is he talented.
              So good! This has been a fun one!

Comment

Bummer of a loss. Vikings could've certainly played better. Krieger killed them with 29 points and several huge threes. We just don't look as crisp or aware as we have the past 3-4 years, which is odd. I'm sure it'll be corrected in time, but it's tough now.

Comment

So good! This has been a fun one!
                  Nice win for the Mustangs. Bruggeman was outstanding and the Warriors played a pretty darn good game. What might have been had they gotten that rebound and not allowed SMSU another chance there at the end. Such a fun game to watch. SMSU is solid.

Comment

Nice win for the Mustangs. Bruggeman was outstanding and the Warriors played a pretty darn good game. What might have been had they gotten that rebound and not allowed SMSU another chance there at the end. Such a fun game to watch. SMSU is solid.
                    I think last weekend at USF was a bit of a wakeup call for these guys. It was a big response this weekend.

You guys shouldn't feel too bad about your team. You've got some good players!

Comment

Mavs looked COMPLETELY different than they did last week against St. Cloud. Diving on the floor, rebounding, hitting threes, they really surprised me. Last week I could just as well been sitting in my couch covered by a blanket as they worked like Somenex to put me to sleep. Tonight they had me jumping out of my seat. Congrats Mavs, you deserved to win tonight and you did.

Comment

I expected Winona to finish 7th or 8th in the South and not be very good, but they are clearly better than that and better than I gave them credit for. It will be interesting to see where they end up. Clearly improved.

Comment

MSU played with some intensity last night; a contrast to the game a week ago. I believe they will be competitive this year; at least at home.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                            I expected Winona to finish 7th or 8th in the South and not be very good, but they are clearly better than that and better than I gave them credit for. It will be interesting to see where they end up. Clearly improved.
                            Indeed. They looked good last night. Will be a work in progress, for sure. I saw a good number of positives last night.

SMSU has a nice balanced attack and have a big-time scorer who can take over a game when needed. They will be tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Mavs looked COMPLETELY different than they did last week against St. Cloud. Diving on the floor, rebounding, hitting threes, they really surprised me. Last week I could just as well been sitting in my couch covered by a blanket as they worked like Somenex to put me to sleep. Tonight they had me jumping out of my seat. Congrats Mavs, you deserved to win tonight and you did.
                              Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                              MSU played with some intensity last night; a contrast to the game a week ago. I believe they will be competitive this year; at least at home.
                              Would've appreciated it if the Mavs would've taken one more weekend to get their heads on straight. I thought last night's game was still very winnable for the Vikes, but they definitely lost out on some of those hustle plays and made some head-scratching decisions when it came to passing choices, shot selection, etc. Stuff that generally hasn't been an issue for the Vikes in the recent past.

Jeff Fylling said on the radio broadcast that the Vikes had won the past 6 straight against the Mavs before last night. I have a feeling a handful of those types of streaks might get broken this year with other teams too, but with some of our young guys starting to show more promise, I'm excited for where we will be in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                Bummer of a loss. Vikings could've certainly played better. Krieger killed them with 29 points and several huge threes. We just don't look as crisp or aware as we have the past 3-4 years, which is odd. I'm sure it'll be corrected in time, but it's tough now.
                                What if, now just hear me out on this one, what if it has something to do with losing 5/7 of a National Championship rotation?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X