Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Week 4 Chat

It's so quiet in here this week. Everyone still dealing with their holiday hangovers?

Re: NSIC Week 4 Chat

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    It's so quiet in here this week. Everyone still dealing with their holiday hangovers?
    This will be an interesting weekend. After a 7 day no-contact period, I feel results can be a lot more unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I just had a chocolate milk to fortify me. It has been quiet on here.........too quiet.

Comment

Big weekend for the Vikes. Probably one of their best opportunities to prove they are either still contenders after a slower-than-recent-seasons start, or show that this might be more of a 2013-14 type of season. Two wins this weekend would be huge for Augie. (And big for me in the Pick 'Em, since most people have gone SMSU/USF over Augie this weekend.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Big weekend for the Vikes. Probably one of their best opportunities to prove they are either still contenders after a slower-than-recent-seasons start, or show that this might be more of a 2013-14 type of season. Two wins this weekend would be huge for Augie. (And big for me in the Pick 'Em, since most people have gone SMSU/USF over Augie this weekend.)
          I think USF-Augie was the one game I stopped to think about the longest before making the pick. That would not surprise me at all. And really, an SMSU loss probably wouldn't surprise me either, but I'm not gong to pick that either.

Comment

One thing working in Augustana's favor tonight is Jordan Spencer's past performances in the sewer that is Marshall, MN. In three games there hes gone 17pts/7ast, 17pts/7ast, and 39pts/2ast while winning all three games.

Jordan's numbers this season (16pts/7ast/3reb on 42%FG/40%3pt/83%FT) are sufficient but I've had found myself griping several times when he settles for an 18ft jumper instead of attacking the glass. I dont know if his knee is still bugging him but it seems like hes spent the year dribbling side to side more often than Ariana Grande rather than moving north and south. When he does get vertical it throws the entire defense off balance and unlock open looks for Augie's deadly 3pt shooters.

Having said that, to me this game comes down to Bruggeman vs Warren. If John can make Ryan take a FG per point, while avoiding foul trouble caused by the whirling dervish of limbs that is Bruggeman's offensive game, I think Augie will win. Texas Tom successfully sprinkled in a variety of zones during their last game vs Wayne so don't be surprised to see the same morphing approach again tonight.

Comment

Just past through Hector and little boy says "daddy, your friend over here." Haha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Just past through Hector and little boy says "daddy, your friend over here." Haha
                Darn, you should have stopped in. I had something for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  One thing working in Augustana's favor tonight is Jordan Spencer's past performances in the sewer that is Marshall, MN. In three games there hes gone 17pts/7ast, 17pts/7ast, and 39pts/2ast while winning all three games.
                  I'm not really worried about two of those years, because you're talking about a national title contender playing a sub-.500 team.

Comment

In WOMEN'S action

SMSU 42, Augie 40 (Half)

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Jordan's numbers this season (16pts/7ast/3reb on 42%FG/40%3pt/83%FT) are sufficient but I've had found myself griping several times when he settles for an 18ft jumper instead of attacking the glass. I dont know if his knee is still bugging him but it seems like hes spent the year dribbling side to side more often than Ariana Grande rather than moving north and south. When he does get vertical it throws the entire defense off balance and unlock open looks for Augie's deadly 3pt shooters.

Having said that, to me this game comes down to Bruggeman vs Warren. If John can make Ryan take a FG per point, while avoiding foul trouble caused by the whirling dervish of limbs that is Bruggeman's offensive game, I think Augie will win. Texas Tom successfully sprinkled in a variety of zones during their last game vs Wayne so don't be surprised to see the same morphing approach again tonight.
                      Marshall is a fine city full of wonderful people. I know it's not the NSIC-anointed end-all-be-all like Sioux Falls, but not every place can be.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                        Marshall is a fine city full of wonderful people. I know it's not the NSIC-anointed end-all-be-all like Sioux Falls, but not every place can be.
                        Home of Schwan's Gold N Nugit bars. Hmmm Hmmm!

Comment

Crookston throttles Winona 73-56. Warriors are a dichotomy. Look good one game, stink up the joint the next. Story of the game, I think, was Crookston going up about 10 points out of the shoot and basically holding it the whole game. Winona got to six with possession on several occasions but were quick to shoot themselves in the foot each time. Crookston opened it up the last five minutes or so. Otherwise it felt like we had a chance if they could have gotten a decent run together. Offense was pathetic. Am kind of disappointed in the contribution of Corey Jeffs. As the only senior, and at a fairly athletic 6'8", I think it not unreasonable to expect more.

All that said, this is not the Crookston of old. Perhaps the best backcourt in the league. Most of their points come from guard play so vulnerable if that can be contained. I will say, however, with Cleary anyway, that may be a lot easier said than done. Nice to see them be competitive after being the joke of the league all these years. No embarrassment to lose to them this year. Would prefer they take it out on someone else, but oh well. Maybe better luck tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Crookston- Nice to see them be competitive after being the joke of the league all these years. No embarrassment to lose to them this year. Would prefer they take it out on someone else, but oh well. Maybe better luck tomorrow.
                            I think that most NSIC fans like it when UMC wins- unless it is against their team. They have been bad for so long that it is hard to think of them as good.

Comment

Crookston is definitely no longer a joke. I don't know if they'll be able to sustain it, but it's at least encouraging to see the improvement. Young team too, with no seniors on the squad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X