Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

    Sounds like they weren't the only ones overwhelmed yesterday. #boom #roasted

    For real though, was yesterday a matter of Duluth being really good or the Huskies not being as solid as they've been the past couple of years?
    Caught a bit online. Scsu looked okay on offense at times, but have a long way to go on defense. Duluth got numerous wide open looks. Duluth is very solid. Blair is good player to help out the two good bigs for Duluth. They will give Augie a very good battle if both teams play well. If Cartwright not healthy Duluth probably favored.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

      Caught a bit online. Scsu looked okay on offense at times, but have a long way to go on defense. Duluth got numerous wide open looks. Duluth is very solid. Blair is good player to help out the two good bigs for Duluth. They will give Augie a very good battle if both teams play well. If Cartwright not healthy Duluth probably favored.
      Based on performance so far this season Duluth is definitely the favorite. Their one loss was at a neutral site to an undefeated SEOSU and no one in the league has a better win than their victory at Nazarene. UMD also has the benefit of an upperclassman heavy rotation and Drew Blair has provided the perimeter scoring punch they desperately needed.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

        Based on performance so far this season Duluth is definitely the favorite. Their one loss was at a neutral site to an undefeated SEOSU and no one in the league has a better win than their victory at Nazarene. UMD also has the benefit of an upperclassman heavy rotation and Drew Blair has provided the perimeter scoring punch they desperately needed.
        Agreed on all fronts, but still believe Augustana has the type of team that could beat Duluth on any given night. Augustana is much deeper than Duluth.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

          Based on performance so far this season Duluth is definitely the favorite. Their one loss was at a neutral site to an undefeated SEOSU and no one in the league has a better win than their victory at Nazarene. UMD also has the benefit of an upperclassman heavy rotation and Drew Blair has provided the perimeter scoring punch they desperately needed.
          Says the King of the downplaying. Oh woe is me, Augie is so bad.

          Augie beats Duluth by 15 on any given night. Greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

            Sounds like they weren't the only ones overwhelmed yesterday. #boom #roasted

            For real though, was yesterday a matter of Duluth being really good or the Huskies not being as solid as they've been the past couple of years?
            SCSU nowhere near the team they had the past couple of years. The freshmen guards have a chance to be good by the time they're upperclassmen, but otherwise it will be struggle mode all year. This weekend will tell a lot about the chances this year. Minot and Mary at home, better get at least 1.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

              SCSU nowhere near the team they had the past couple of years. The freshmen guards have a chance to be good by the time they're upperclassmen, but otherwise it will be struggle mode all year. This weekend will tell a lot about the chances this year. Minot and Mary at home, better get at least 1.
              Simple: I've got the Huskies sweeping this weekend.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

                Simple: I've got the Huskies sweeping this weekend.
                Boy, that sure would be nice. Like I may have said earlier, this weekend will tell us a lot about how this season is going to go. They need at least 1 for sure.

                Comment


                • Huskies up 18 at half time. Enjoy Simple!


                  Comment


                  • I feel a lot better now.

                    Comment


                    • Bad news coming out of SCSU today.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                        Bad news coming out of SCSU today.
                        Some of the worst

                        Comment


                        • SCSU dropped football :-( Here's a secondary source:
                          https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...ng-mens-soccer

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                            SCSU dropped football :-( Here's a secondary source:
                            https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...ng-mens-soccer
                            Very sad to see two NSIC institutions dropping football. With costs rising, Title IX, and other factors; I would not be surprised to see this happen at other places. If not in the NSIC itself.

                            Comment


                            • Well, its been a while but there is finally some news to report out of Husky land.
                              They have announced 4 new signings so far
                              Matt Willert 6'6" guard Buffalo, MN Freshman
                              https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...5&action=click
                              Luke Taylor 6'6" forward Germantown, WI Sophmore juco transfer
                              Blake London 6'8" Center Bronx, NY Freshman
                              Ryan Bagley, 6'3" point guard Pocatello ID Junior juco transfer
                              https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...a&action=click

                              Still looking to add some more yet.


                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X