Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 SMSU Mustangs thread

New gold uniforms this season. Not the best they've worn, but I think they're a clear upgrade over the charcoal ones from the past two seasons.

Re: 2016-17 SMSU Mustangs thread

Anyone else think it's odd that we're traveling to play an exhibition game on the road against a MIAC school?

Comment

They've come here many times and we're probably just returning the favor. It's not a far drive either, no farther than some high school games.

Comment

We have a veteran team. Lots of experience. We should be able to make a run, although I did see we only have 11 home games which makes it tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          They've come here many times and we're probably just returning the favor. It's not a far drive either, no farther than some high school games.
          Yeah, sounds like that's pretty much the case. Weird having no home games until the conference opener, though. Same with the women.

Comment

I've heard a couple guys are out injured. Maiers and the younger Bartlett. And all three freshmen will probably redshirt. That means we open the season with a nine-man roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              I've heard a couple guys are out injured. Maiers and the younger Bartlett. And all three freshmen will probably redshirt. That means we open the season with a nine-man roster.
              That is fine. That's probably the rotation for the most part anyway

Comment

http://www.wissports.net/roster_players/9184071

Spent the day yesterday waiting to get into the Trump rally in Eau Claire and got to know James Sukanen. He is a WI All State 6'6" power forward from Hurly who is transferring to SW at the end of the semester. Told me he is getting a 50% scholarship. James is an impressive, respectful young man who will be a great character asset to your team. He said he went DIII to Eau Claire for location and family reasons but showed up for the first day of practice to find 27 players on the team and was told freshman would not be allowed to practice with the varsity but would, nevertheless, burn eligibility. I've heard a lot of DIII's work this cattle call process essentially throwing a lot of players on the wall to see who sticks.

I told James I would be sure to attend future SW/WSU games (to watch his team lose of course) and look forward to seeing him again.

Comment

Hmm, haven't heard much about that one. With the recent luck we've had in getting kids here and on the floor and keeping them here, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                    Hmm, haven't heard much about that one. With the recent luck we've had in getting kids here and on the floor and keeping them here, I'll believe it when I see it.
                    Blessed is he who believes but does not see. He's coming.

Comment

Even though it didn't count, I like seeing Michael Lee finish with 12 points off the bench. Would've been a career high had it counted.

Comment

The SMSU women signed a very large class of 7 freshmen, which is great to see!

Comment

I'm very hopeful about this year's squad. I think we can get back to where we were a couple of years ago when we were finishing in the top half of the conference.

I think tonight could tell us a lot though.

Comment

nice start. tough trip to the UP. we'll see where we are after this weekend

Comment

They look really good in the first half

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X