Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 8 Chat

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
    USF is shooting 50% and Evans is 13-18 so exceptional is a bold word choice. Like I said before, "when Northern starts banging threes (and who are we kidding, that's all Aberdeen has to offer) they are deadly." All of those guys can shoot it and Evans and Doyle are hyper efficient.
    Exactly, so take that away and what do you have? You watching?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      Easaw did not play tonight. Wonder if something is wrong with him. He doesn't get a lot of minutes, but usually some. Nice win. Team is coming along.
      It was nice to see Peyton get some time tonight. Nothing flashy in the box score, but seemed to defend well had a nice assist. Agreed, they're starting to gel really well.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
        It was nice to see Peyton get some time tonight. Nothing flashy in the box score, but seemed to defend well had a nice assist. Agreed, they're starting to gel really well.
        It always appears to me Peyton belongs on the floor when he gets there.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Exactly, so take that away and what do you have? You watching?
          Yes, I am. But the sue of 'exceptional' might be holding a guy below 40, unless SaTTher suddenly adopted Mike D'Antoni's mantra of letting Kobe get his. At the time of my reply, non-Evans USF players were shooting > 40%. That's obviously changed in the last 6 minutes of game.

Comment

Moorhead is still alive. Although I hated to see Southwest fall, it's a great win for Moorhead and a redeeming moment for them.

Congrats to Winona. You guys are for real and will be a threat in the NSIC tourney.

Comment

Lol SaTTher chewing some Mark Riggs a$$ after the game. He wants the T. Northern does have the best court in the league, as much as it pains me to say; love that attempt at a parque floor. At least it was an entertaining game on Midco.

Comment

Whats up with these Northern Sun officiating crews? Does anyone else feel that games get ruined by officials displaying authoritative bravado? I feel that any angry coach, outrageous player, or rambunctious crowd that crosses the line could fall victim or perhaps become a linchpin in an official's course of asserting dominance over the competing teams.

Haha whatever. These officials, coaches and players all work hard and mistakes are made on all accounts. It's still fun. Good game mavs.

Comment

Much credit to UMC tonight. Cleary is amazing, but the rest of the team played well also. The Mavs managed to win another very close one.

Comment

Originally posted by Homestar Runner View Post
                    Whats up with these Northern Sun officiating crews? Does anyone else feel that games get ruined by officials displaying authoritative bravado? I feel that any angry coach, outrageous player, or rambunctious crowd that crosses the line could fall victim or perhaps become a linchpin in an official's course of asserting dominance over the competing teams.

Haha whatever. These officials, coaches and players all work hard and mistakes are made on all accounts. It's still fun. Good game mavs.
                    To me they basically break down in three categories:

Show Ponies: Mauer, Baschault, etc

These guys put an emphasis on the theatrics and I love them for it. Whether it's over exaggerating a travel or foul call or the simple "BOOM" of Baschault they are committed to the craft and I hope they last longer than Dick Bavetta

Floaters: Votava, Fisher, Yorko, Coombe, etc

These familiar faces have their high and mighty moments but theyre generally consistent and will approach a curious coach with a quasi open demeanor.

Incompetent Primadonnas: Mark Riggs

This guy is the bane of my existence. He seems to enjoy making ridiculous calls just so he display just how much power his whistle wields. He compounds this by almost immediately going over and telling the complaining coach why he is smart theyre dumb, hes big theyre little, he's right theyre wrong and theres nothing they can do about it. His performances in the last two Augie @ USF games were grounds for termination and now after getting that off my thumbs I welcome him reffing the game that ends Augie's season.

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                    Warriors get the win on the road. 70-65. Found a way to get it done on the road.

Looked like Conner Flack may have hurt his ankle, so if that's serious, a thin bench becomes even more so.
                    Hot damn thats an impressive win, someone fire up a round of purplies at Market Street because the Warriors are back
                    Last edited by Augieholic; 01-27-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth I think Nathan Belseth is one of the best we have. I don't know all the names but there used to be an older/elderly one when I was in college. Always did a great job of only stepping in when it truly called for it and was always thorough in explain when a coach wanted answers.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                        Much credit to UMC tonight. Cleary is amazing, but the rest of the team played well also. The Mavs managed to win another very close one.
                        Perhaps more of a surprise than the score...Weisse easily won the shouting battle against Margenthaler. In fact, Matt may have only elevated his volume once the whole game. Was an entertaining game for sure. Cleary can score the basketball.

Comment

Cleary was entertaining last night. 22 in the first half, 24 in the second. Great free throw shooter- drives hard to the basket- quick release from three point land. Playing against any other team I would have wanted UMC to win. The fact that the game went down to the last second was rare for Golden Eagle games in the Taylor Center. I didn't think that the Mavs played badly either- UMC was pretty good. That game could easily gone the other way.

Comment

Some guys in the league were fully lit last night so this POW race should be tremendous:

North
                            Tyler Rudolph (Minot) 27pts-7reb-3ast
                            Logan Doyle (Northern) 18pts-10reb
                            Harrison Cleary (Crookston) 46pts-4reb-2ast
                            Trevor Zacher (Mary) 17pts-11reb-3ast
                            Travaun Coad (Moorhead) 21pts-8reb-3ast
                            Johnny Beeninga (Moorhead) 23pts-2reb-5ast
                            Gage Davis (SCSU) 19pts-12reb-6ast
                            Christian Pekarek (BSU) 27pts-4reb-6ast

South
                            Trevon Evans (USF) 42pts-0ast-0reb (hopefully the Aberdonians appreciated that Picasso)
                            Jordan Spencer (Augie) 30pts-8ast
                            Chris Kendrix (Kato) 20pts-10reb
                            Cameron Kirksey (Kato) 14pts-11reb
                            Carson Parker (UIU) 20pts-10reb-4ast
                            Ryan Bruggeman (SMSU) 26pts-5reb-5ast
                            Carter Kirk (SMSU) 12pts-12reb
                            Bryndan Matthews (CSP) 28pts-12ast-2ast

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Some guys in the league were fully lit last night so this POW race should be tremendous:

North
                              Tyler Rudolph (Minot) 27pts-7reb-3ast
                              Logan Doyle (Northern) 18pts-10reb
                              Harrison Cleary (Crookston) 46pts-4reb-2ast
                              Trevor Zacher (Mary) 17pts-11reb-3ast
                              Travaun Coad (Moorhead) 21pts-8reb-3ast
                              Johnny Beeninga (Moorhead) 23pts-2reb-5ast
                              Gage Davis (SCSU) 19pts-12reb-6ast
                              Christian Pekarek (BSU) 27pts-4reb-6ast

South
                              Trevon Evans (USF) 42pts-0ast-0reb (hopefully the Aberdonians appreciated that Picasso)
                              Jordan Spencer (Augie) 30pts-8ast
                              Chris Kendrix (Kato) 20pts-10reb
                              Cameron Kirksey (Kato) 14pts-11reb
                              Carson Parker (UIU) 20pts-10reb-4ast
                              Ryan Bruggeman (SMSU) 26pts-5reb-5ast
                              Carter Kirk (SMSU) 12pts-12reb
                              Bryndan Matthews (CSP) 28pts-12ast-2ast
                              Lot of good stats in the North but 46 points is tough to beat.

Comment

I think it'll be the Cleary/Matthews show in St. Paul tonight. That alone should make that a watchable game at least.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X