Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Returns to the Burg.

How many out in D2 Ville, think Pitt State could leave with a win. Also what are the odds with home and away with Mo.Southern and Pitt State. I honestly think anything better than a split is good.

Re: Kim Returns to the Burg.

I agree. Pitt State is very dangerous and so is MO Southern. UCM is tough if they can control the tempo. They did a very good job of that against Washburn.

Comment

MSSU can be a dangerous team, depending on which team shows up, and if they switch teams at halftime. MSSU is too inconsistent right now, and has done poorly vs. UCM in recent years. I think UCM will leave Joplin with a win Saturday, but I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
        How many out in D2 Ville, think Pitt State could leave with a win. Also what are the odds with home and away with Mo.Southern and Pitt State. I honestly think anything better than a split is good.
        Pitt State has the talent to compete with most teams and win, but questionable shots, untimely turnovers, and poor defense have been their downfall in many games. If their shot is falling, it could be a good game tonight.

Comment

Mules win on last second shot by Reeves it was tied before the shot Pitt. State comes back big time in second half. Mules go to Joplin Sat for a big test to see if they can stay close to the top of the standings with Washburn and Northwest set to play Sat for first place. Go Mules.

Comment

I watched the game on the tube and the announcer said there was a big crowd, but it didn't sound like the Mules got much crowd support. Mule4ever, were you at the game?

Comment

I go to the weekend home games.

Comment

Here is the final possession for both teams: https://twitter.com/RandySpeer_DSJ/s...47852051398656

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
                  Here is the final possession for both teams: https://twitter.com/RandySpeer_DSJ/s...47852051398656
                  1) That was a ridiculous shot.

2) How does Spencer Reaves still have eligibility? I feel like he's been around longer than Pitts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                    I watched the game on the tube and the announcer said there was a big crowd, but it didn't sound like the Mules got much crowd support. Mule4ever, were you at the game?
                    Announced attendance of 4,200 which is a decent crowd, but you're right, if the fans were making noise it didn't sound like it over the airways.

Comment

Game never should have been that close. Mules up 20 with 12 to go when the men in the striped shirts took over. 32 fouls in the second half with 51 free throws being shot with the vast majority coming in the last 10 minutes. Pitt was 8-10 from the field (3/4) from three in the last seven minutes and made most if not all of their free throws down the stretch. At least two if not all three front end of one-and-ones the Mules had they missed. Pitt started pressing and the mules for some reason turned it over a few trips that gave pitt easy layups. A real ugly portion of the game for all mule fans.

The crowd really wasn't into the game as it wasn't much of a game until the last few minutes. Students were generally nonexistent and I saw numerous people at a mules game for the first time in a longtime. Most of them knew Kim and were there to see him.

A few of Kim's old players were there with the most notable being Corey Brown and Theo Jones. Brad Loos also drove over from Columbia to see the game.

As others have noted, Pitt doesn't play consistent defense and struggled on offense at times. Several times a pitt player would get a rebound, dribble down the court and take a quick shot or try and create his own shot. Very uncharacteristic of a KA offense that we saw at UCM. They were much more athletic than last year and had a few slashers that created problems for the mules.

KA still has the fire to coach and will have Pitt fighting for a championship in the near future especially if they begin to play defense.

The last game of the year in Pitt will be real interesting. Who knows which team will show up for Pitt.

Odd stat for the night.... Any guess at to the number of combined offensive rebounds in the game? If you said 7, your the lucky winner. Pitt with 2 in each half and the mules with one in the first and two in the second. To me, that is what will doom the Mules when it comes to crunch time. They absolutely do not send anyone to go after an offensive rebound. Lowrance had both offensive boards in the second half and they came on the same play as he tried to tip it in twice before he was fouled. Spellman had the lone offensive board in the first and it was a long carom to the side that came right to him on a missed jumper.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X