Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC Men's Scores, Final Standings & Tournament Bracket (2/17)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Men's Scores, Final Standings & Tournament Bracket (2/17)

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
    Unfortunately, they have no out in their contract and plan to let the 2 seed host if they get the top seed. This is information that came directly from Josh Moon via my best friend and fellow Wolves enthusiast. Personally I have never liked Moon and hope he can spin his football stadium plans into a new gig.
    My enthusiasm for the next week just completely bottomed out. And don't get me started on that stadium project...

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
      Unfortunately, they have no out in their contract and plan to let the 2 seed host if they get the top seed. This is information that came directly from Josh Moon via my best friend and fellow Wolves enthusiast. Personally I have never liked Moon and hope he can spin his football stadium plans into a new gig.
      That sucks, both for them and the region. Crowds would have been nice in Aberdeen.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        That sucks, both for them and the region. Crowds would have been nice in Aberdeen.
        Some dreams were meant to just be that

Comment

[QUOTE=Augieholic;2181702]1 National Championship, 0 scandals involving National Championship coaches

I expected better from you. Pretty weak. Grabbing the low-hanging fruit. But, I guess that works.

Comment

It's really too bad, while it would be a packed arena, the civic holds 3,500 so it must have come down to hotels

Comment

[QUOTE=wsuguy87;2181842]
              Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              I expected better from you. Pretty weak. Grabbing the low-hanging fruit. But, I guess that works.
              You wanna bring up the 2 national chips, then anyone else can bring up the fact that those teams were led by a sexual deviant. You decide. If no one from Winona ever brings up the point that you've got two belts, and one of the finest 3 year runs ever, then we don't get to bring up all the baggage that goes with that run. But if you want to toot about the titles, then we get to visit the dark side.

Comment

I know this doesn't really play a role, but there is no doubt the revenue for the city is much greater with the state tournament. In South Dakota if you make state you are garunteed three games and they play three days to determine the finishers 1st through 8th. That garuntees people in hotels and spending money for three or four nights. With the regional after the first day, half the teams (unless Northern were to be one) would be leaving. Not to mention that I don't think enough people in our region would travel to Aberdeen in a number that would out do the total number brought up for the state tourney even if they probably won't get more than 3,000 to 4,000 for the girls. The boys state B is a whole different world where you are talking about 8,000 filling Wachs.

As bad as I wanted this for Aberdeen and for NSU, none of you can say (though all would rather host) playing a regional game in front of the largest crowd those kids would ever play in front of in their entire D2 careers wouldn't be a blast. Years ago Northern used to host another conference school and two out of conference schools. I know it was Kearney and NWMSU but can't think of the NSIC school. Either way, people are so nuts over hoops up there that even the two games that didn't involve NSU had high attendence. Would have been fun, however, now I'm on board with the notion of having a set locastion in SF, Omaha or Siox City (even as bad as it smells there) so we can all have nothing to worry about with tickets, hotels or making plans. Yes, my feelings have changed mostly do to the fact that if not this year, it is never going to happen for NSU unless we somehow are this good again and Sioux Falls gets their way and ends up hosting all of the state HS hoops tourneys.

Comment

[QUOTE=simple as a $3 bill;2181850]
                  Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

You wanna bring up the 2 national chips, then anyone else can bring up the fact that those teams were led by a sexual deviant. You decide. If no one from Winona ever brings up the point that you've got two belts, and one of the finest 3 year runs ever, then we don't get to bring up all the baggage that goes with that run. But if you want to toot about the titles, then we get to visit the dark side.
                  Wow. You must be fun at parties. The entire original comment was a joke. But you visit the dark side all you want. Nothing done by that person takes away from the accomplishments of those teams.

Comment

[QUOTE=wsuguy87;2181871]

Wow. You must be fun at parties. The entire original comment was a joke. But you visit the dark side all you want. Nothing done by that person takes away from the accomplishments of those teams.
                    Jonte was fun to interact with from the sidelines was a blast. We met John Smith at a bar in Winona after a game and he seemed like a good dude. However, we will never have anyone look more like Peter Griffin ever roam the sidelines.

Comment

• Re: NSIC Men's Scores, Final Standings & Tournament Bracket (2/17)

[QUOTE=wsuguy87;2181871]

Wow. You must be fun at parties. The entire original comment was a joke. But you visit the dark side all you want. Nothing done by Coach Mike Leaf takes away from the accomplishments of those teams.
                      I agree, but they will forever be intertwined.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        Sanford is sprinkling money all over the Dakota's because U of M was too stupid to let him put his name on the football stadium for $50 million. It's a way of getting even. Now when his alma mater comes calling he tells them to go pound sand. No more money for U of M athletics from Denny Sanford.
                        Bemidji State secured much Sanford $. Kelby K. gave 5 million $ to MSU from his own pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                          Bemidji State secured much Sanford $. Kelby K. gave 5 million $ to MSU from his own pocket.
                          Different state but, there donation to NSU last year was $5 million to go toward academic scholarships. Nothing to date by way of athletics, but I have a feeling there might be in a potential campaign following this first one which will wrap up in 4.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            Those are not U of M system schools though.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              I know this doesn't really play a role, but there is no doubt the revenue for the city is much greater with the state tournament. In South Dakota if you make state you are garunteed three games and they play three days to determine the finishers 1st through 8th. That garuntees people in hotels and spending money for three or four nights. With the regional after the first day, half the teams (unless Northern were to be one) would be leaving. Not to mention that I don't think enough people in our region would travel to Aberdeen in a number that would out do the total number brought up for the state tourney even if they probably won't get more than 3,000 to 4,000 for the girls. The boys state B is a whole different world where you are talking about 8,000 filling Wachs.

As bad as I wanted this for Aberdeen and for NSU, none of you can say (though all would rather host) playing a regional game in front of the largest crowd those kids would ever play in front of in their entire D2 careers wouldn't be a blast. Years ago Northern used to host another conference school and two out of conference schools. I know it was Kearney and NWMSU but can't think of the NSIC school. Either way, people are so nuts over hoops up there that even the two games that didn't involve NSU had high attendence. Would have been fun, however, now I'm on board with the notion of having a set locastion in SF, Omaha or Siox City (even as bad as it smells there) so we can all have nothing to worry about with tickets, hotels or making plans. Yes, my feelings have changed mostly do to the fact that if not this year, it is never going to happen for NSU unless we somehow are this good again and Sioux Falls gets their way and ends up hosting all of the state HS hoops tourneys.
                              I'm with you on the idea of set locations for regionals. Signed every Emporia State Lady Hornet basketball fan for the last 17 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

As bad as I wanted this for Aberdeen and for NSU, none of you can say (though all would rather host) playing a regional game in front of the largest crowd those kids would ever play in front of in their entire D2 careers wouldn't be a blast. Years ago Northern used to host another conference school and two out of conference schools. I know it was Kearney and NWMSU but can't think of the NSIC school. Either way, people are so nuts over hoops up there that even the two games that didn't involve NSU had high attendence. Would have been fun, however, now I'm on board with the notion of having a set location in SF, Omaha or Sioux City (even as bad as it smells there) so we can all have nothing to worry about with tickets, hotels or making plans. Yes, my feelings have changed mostly do to the fact that if not this year, it is never going to happen for NSU unless we somehow are this good again and Sioux Falls gets their way and ends up hosting all of the state HS hoops tourneys.
                                Sioux City's unique odor achieved its own legendary status, and it was well-earned. However the stock yards by the interstate are now long gone and the smell is pretty much a thing of the past. It would actually be a pretty good location. The tough old cow town is gentrifying. The Tyson Center is a first class arena, plenty of hotels and surprisingly good restaurants, centrally located between NSIC and MIAA, and nobody gets a home field advantage. They host the NAIA women's national tourney at the Tyson every year and draw good crowds. They also get NAIA wrestling and volleyball tournaments. It is a good sports town, and they know how to put on a big event. Sign 'em up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X