Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-2017 Winona State Warriors Thread

I figured it was time to start one. Need to get some chatter going about the upcoming season.

Re: 2016-2017 Winona State Warriors Thread

I will say it again. This is a 20 win team with the talent they have. Anything short is a disappointment. Time for the staff to show they belong as the ones to lead this program forward.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
      I will say it again. This is a 20 win team with the talent they have. Anything short is a disappointment. Time for the staff to show they belong as the ones to lead this program forward.
      I agree. If everyone stays healthy, this should be a good year.

Comment

Rough start for the year for WSU. Sounds like Eisner will not be around the team until December due to a illness or injury that required surgery. He stated he tried to gut it out in the paper but wish he would have taken care of this in the off season since he is saying it has been an issue since last year. Now the kids are going to be without the head coach who is needing them to buy into his system. On top of that I see the AD is at it again with the new floor going in they cannot get new bleachers in place until spring now. So they have to use portable and existing to give them 1100 capacity for this year. Once again the AD is showing how bad he is at planning and not looking ahead. He needs to go!!!

Comment

http://www.winonadailynews.com/sport...d85b71cf3.html

Here is a link to the Daily News article.

Hopefully, Coach will make a quick and full recovery. I'm glad he's taking the time to heal. No job is worth risking your health.

Comment

Rough start for the year for WSU. Sounds like Eisner will not be around the team until December due to a illness or injury that required surgery. He stated he tried to gut it out in the paper but wish he would have taken care of this in the off season since he is saying it has been an issue since last year. Now the kids are going to be without the head coach who is needing them to buy into his system. On top of that I see the AD is at it again with the new floor going in they cannot get new bleachers in place until spring now. So they have to use portable and existing to give them 1100 capacity for this year. Once again the AD is showing how bad he is at planning and not looking ahead. He needs to go!!!
            I can't remember now (and I believe the thread was deleted anyway), but I think I posted something about being really surprised they were trying to push these renovations through so quickly because the timeline seemed so tight. Guess I wasn't crazy for thinking that at the time when it was announced.

Comment

Man, is this the same program that won 57 straight games and two national titles in three seasons? It hasn't even been a decade and it seems its going to shambles.....

That's too bad. It's fun to hate Winona, but I don't like seeing a program going through such a tough stretch away from the court.

Comment

Gonna be a ***** if they get the Regional tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Gonna be a ***** if they get the Regional tourney.
                  That likely won't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    Your probably right but there is not a team in the conference that doesn't have question marks heading into the year. I think for the first time in the a while the conference is pretty wide open. Kato has the most talent on paper but we know how that goes on the court sometimes. Augie has some nice pieces back and experience will go a long way for them so they can easily win the conference again. Moorhead I am sure will have another solid year with what they have coming back. St. Cloud will be interesting because they will score a ton and can beat anyone on any given night. Then you have WSU with a experienced back court that has a ton of talent (even though they have not played to it at times) to go along with one of the better 4 men in the league. Granted the 5 spot is question mark, depth will be an issue as well if they lose any of the seniors due to injury but this team should win 20 games. They have the talent but it needs to be put in the best position to win and have the confidence put back into these kids.

Side note calling it now. Sioux Falls biggest flop. Mary and Minot will surprise.

Comment

Post targeted at those who possess a sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        Post targeted at those who possess a sense of humor.
                        Ha. I guess mine was too. We'll all need one this season since it's likely a done deal any team making the regional will be heading to Maryville. But...that's why they play the games :)

Comment

Ha. I guess mine was too. We'll all need one this season since it's likely a done deal any team making the regional will be heading to Maryville. But...that's why they play the games :)
                          For the record, I'm calling you guys as the #2 seed now. I'm not quite ready to call it a done deal.

Comment

You guys probably know my opinion on the matter. There's a very good reason why I abandoned the WSU ship as fast as possible. It's sinking and the captain is completely oblivious to it.

Comment

http://www.hardingsports.com/roster....46&path=mbball

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X