Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Winona State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    That was not my intention. Tom and Chris have a lot of friends up there. Just wanted them to know how well the guys were doing and what they've done for the WT program. I hope we can keep Tom at least five years. His next move will be to a D1 program.
    No, please keep rubbing it in. The AD at Winona State and "Leaf Blowers" (as NSIC fans have so eloquently labeled Mike Leaf fans) need to realize just how cataclysmic his mistake was. Letting Tom Brown and Chris Gove go was the biggest mistake they could have ever made and they compounded it by keeping Leaf, causing an even greater stir just a few years later, and now look at where the two programs are at.

The leadership at WSU is sorely lacking and the more it gets exposed, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
      No, please keep rubbing it in. The AD at Winona State and "Leaf Blowers" (as NSIC fans have so eloquently labeled Mike Leaf fans) need to realize just how cataclysmic his mistake was. Letting Tom Brown and Chris Gove go was the biggest mistake they could have ever made and they compounded it by keeping Leaf, causing an even greater stir just a few years later, and now look at where the two programs are at.

The leadership at WSU is sorely lacking and the more it gets exposed, the better.
      Those in the know like you and saw it first hand just realize how ridiculous it has been at WSU. Those in power knew the problems with Mike and knew he had issues that he should have been taking care of that would have needed him to step away. Instead they run off the guys telling people this and then allow Mike to continue on until the incident takes place. Now you have lost a huge amount of former basketball player alumni support, lost the 2 guys who had a ton to do with building the program, lost the respect of many if not all high school coaches, ect ect ect...... Its going to be rough times for WSU for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
        Those in the know like you and saw it first hand just realize how ridiculous it has been at WSU. Those in power knew the problems with Mike and knew he had issues that he should have been taking care of that would have needed him to step away. Instead they run off the guys telling people this and then allow Mike to continue on until the incident takes place. Now you have lost a huge amount of former basketball player alumni support, lost the 2 guys who had a ton to do with building the program, lost the respect of many if not all high school coaches, ect ect ect...... Its going to be rough times for WSU for a long time.
        It really is a crying shame how the department has let it sink. Following the national championships this was poised to be a dominant DII programs year after year. I fear for next year but choose to be not so negative as you. Winona State is a good school in a nice college town and basketball is a small number sport where one or two good recruiting years can put you back in prominence. If a way can be found to get the act back together all these problems will be forgotten.

Comment

What do you think the chances Eisner tries to medical redshirt Mongan? The only returning PG is Wagner and, based on what I've seen this year, the thought of him running the show is not attractive. All other options as of now will be true freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            It really is a crying shame how the department has let it sink. Following the national championships this was poised to be a dominant DII programs year after year. I fear for next year but choose to be not so negative as you. Winona State is a good school in a nice college town and basketball is a small number sport where one or two good recruiting years can put you back in prominence. If a way can be found to get the act back together all these problems will be forgotten.
            It's not that easy to just turn a program around. If that was the case then we would all ready be on the path. I agree WSU has some great people working for them. They also have some that are not great people but are able to hide because no one wants to call anyone to the carpet. Winona has its own little bubble that protects those who knew of issues but did nothing

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Comment

Malvik has done most of the recruiting once Brown and Gove left. So anyone you see as a Jr, Soph, Fr on roster has his hand print. For what they have coming in next year I have no idea if these kids are going to be able to step in and play but right now they will have no choice as they do not have much depth. I was expecting this group of seniors to have a nice year and for WSU to have a shot at making the regional. The season still has a long way to go but with the injuries and the current situations its bleak that they can make much of a run.

The first step to getting this program going back in the right direction is to get the alumni back in the door and supporting the program. It is really tough to sell a program when its own alumni are not backing it and telling kids looking at WSU to go there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X