X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elite Eight

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Doyle still celebrating foul calls like its 1999
    He's missed a number of rebounds that went through his hands. Perhaps they're sore from his foul cheering.

Comment

Doyle still celebrating foul calls like its 1999

Comment

I didn't think that was a charge that disallowed the Northern basket, even after watching it on replay.

Hankins is dominating for Ferris on the offensive end. Doyle should forget about chasing guards out on the free throw line and worry about him instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
          The Pentagon is a great facility. Being full for the NC game gives the TV audience the feel that the game is being played in a big time facililty. The NCAA loves this. Go NSU!
          They have to be feeling fortunate that it was a couple of solid fan bases within a close drive each of the years here, both Northwest and Northern being within a 300-mile drive.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if other regions feel it's an unfair advantage. It's already maybe the best region that includes the most loyal fan bases, but to put it in our backyard might feel like the NCAA is stacking the deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            They have to be feeling fortunate that it was a couple of solid fan bases within a close drive each of the years here.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if other regions feel it's an unfair advantage. It's already maybe the best region that includes the most loyal fan bases, but to put it in our backyard might feel like the NCAA is stacking the deck.
            Opposing regions (or fan bases in general, for that matter) would never complain or be upset about something as trivial as a location advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              They have to be feeling fortunate that it was a couple of solid fan bases within a close drive each of the years here.

The Midwest loves basketball. All this talk about Minnesota being the state of hockey, yet hoops is still king in the southwest part of the state. And South Dakota is a basketball state.

I was in San Diego years ago- went with my cousin to watch Keith Van Horn who was the College player of the year at Utah. Great team, great player- and the Aztecs drew less that 4,000 to watch him. Just not a big deal there.

Comment

Watching the game on CBS. I think these teams could defeat some D1 teams.
                Last edited by Mule4ever; 03-24-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Opposing regions (or fan bases in general, for that matter) would never complain or be upset about something as trivial as a location advantage.
                  Ha!

Comment

Great first appearance...

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      I didn't think that was a charge that disallowed the Northern basket, even after watching it on replay.

Hankins is dominating for Ferris on the offensive end. Doyle should forget about chasing guards out on the free throw line and worry about him instead.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        The Midwest loves basketball. All this talk about Minnesota being the state of hockey, yet hoops is still king in the southwest part of the state. And South Dakota is a basketball state.

I was in San Diego years ago- went with my cousin to watch Keith Van Horn who was the College player of the year at Utah. Great team, great player- and the Aztecs drew less that 4,000 to watch him. Just not a big deal there.
                        NSIC attendance leader Northern State had an average attendance higher than 222 Division I programs.
                        MIAA attendance leader Fort Hays State had an average attendance higher than 166 Division I programs.

Comment

Officiating has totally change from first to second half...annoying no matter who is playing

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Officiating has totally change from first to second half...annoying no matter who is playing
                            Agreed, this is ridiculous right now

Comment

Agreed, this is ridiculous right now
                              There's a reason these refs aren't at the D-I level: Ticky-tacky.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X