X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elite Eight

Comment

Kudos to Ferris State. Tough game for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
        after pointing out the free throw violation....whoooooo boy.
        That was a crap call.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
          That was a crap call.
          How about the Bulldog making both FTs with Paterka pointing at his feet the entire time? That was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            I'll watch that every day. I was there, it was warranted and I wouldn't want a coach that wouldn't do that when warranted. Paul is a great man and he's a very good coach. Pretty sure that is the only game he has ever been tossed from at NSU so it isn't like it's been a recurring issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
              I'll watch that every day. I was there, it was warranted and I wouldn't want a coach that wouldn't do that when warranted. Paul is a great man and he's a very good coach. Pretty sure that is the only game he has ever been tossed from at NSU so it isn't like it's been a recurring issue.
              Just ignore them. As much as I disliked Winona ten years ago, you don't see them on here smack talking the rest of the NSIC to death, even when their team is playing. After my message from augiefaithful an his PM condemning me for a simple "Go Jennies" comment, what I have read tonight along with the past 14 years or so on here all goes hand in hand. They will be who they will be until they are all buried or can't read a screen.

I the past few weeks were outstanding and for someone who put in time in advance to make every for this journey which I saw coming a year in advance, was absolutely amazing. Believing something is going to happen and living it don't even compare. It was so hard to stay in the moment and enjoy it. Did we fall short, yup. And it will haunt and bug players, coaches and fans for quite awhile. What this fan base has become and grown to is incredible and with all the great things happening at NSU, this just going to keep getting better. Had a blast, and congrats to Ferris. Outside of two fans, the rest seemed pretty good that I interacted with.

Happy offaeason.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Just ignore them. As much as I disliked Winona ten years ago, you don't see them on here smack talking the rest of the NSIC to death, even when their team is playing. After my message from augiefaithful an his PM condemning me for a simple "Go Jennies" comment, what I have read tonight along with the past 14 years or so on here all goes hand in hand. They will be who they will be until they are all buried or can't read a screen.

I the past few weeks were outstanding and for someone who put in time in advance to make every for this journey which I saw coming a year in advance, was absolutely amazing. Believing something is going to happen and living it don't even compare. It was so hard to stay in the moment and enjoy it. Did we fall short, yup. And it will haunt and bug players, coaches and fans for quite awhile. What this fan base has become and grown to is incredible and with all the great things happening at NSU, this just going to keep getting better. Had a blast, and congrats to Ferris. Outside of two fans, the rest seemed pretty good that I interacted with.

Happy offaeason.
                How could you dislike those WSU teams? They were awesome. I think they are the best teams I've seen in D2.

What happened with the two fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  How could you dislike those WSU teams? They were awesome. I think they are the best teams I've seen in D2.

What happened with the two fans?
                  Ha, well, as an NSU fan of some pretty incredible teams, when the one school standing in your way of greatness keeps beating you and going to three straight title games, it's kind of easy...lol.

First off, this doesn't speak to them as a whole and are very small things.

One was one of their guys on Twitter, another was I held the door for a Ferris State guy and his wife, they said thanks when another fan bumped me, laughed, turned to the guy I held the door for, then looked back and me and said "we're going to kill these guys"

After that, we saw plenty of both teams taking shots and buying beers for each other. So, again, not going to harp on them or even officiating. We just lost.

I will add how happy I am for the man who was as big a part of this as any, that got no recognition all year really or accolades. Carter Evans had a great game today in a big, big moment and I am so happy for him.
                  Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-24-2018, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Ha, well, as an NSU fan of some pretty incredible teams, when the one school standing in your way of greatness keeps beating you and g oijg to three straight title games, it's kind of easy...lol.

First off, this doesn't speak to them as a whole and are very small things.

One was one of their guys on Twitter, another was I held the door for a Ferris State guy and his wife, they said thanks when another fan bumped me, laughed, turned to the guy I held the door for, then looked back and me and said "we're going to kill these guys"

After that, we saw plenty of both teams taking shots and buying beers for each other. So, again, not going to harp on them or even officiating. We just lost.

I will add how happy I am for the man who was as big a part of this as any, that got no recognition all year really or accolades. Carter Evans had a great game today in a big, big moment and I am so happy for him.

Yes, Carter played his heart out. Maybe they had the D2 POY but there was one player that stood out from the rest and today it was Evans. No honors except the knowledge that he played his best game as his last game on national tv for a national title. An integral part of this team developing into what it became and someone who passed on a lot of programs because he loved Aberdeen and Sather. On a team with great character maybe the most selfless member.

Comment

One was one of their guys on Twitter.
                      Some people take twitter way too seriously.

Like last year when a Mustang fan joked that Hawaiian Night was better than I Hate Winter, and a Northern fan blew things way out of proportion over it, acting like it was this blasphemous shot at the school or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        Some people take twitter way too seriously.

Like last year when a Mustang fan joked that Hawaiian Night was better than I Hate Winter, and a Northern fan blew things way out of proportion over it, acting like it was this blasphemous shot at the school or something.
                        It wasn't just a fan ;)

That was actually fun and adds to the rivalry. It fueled an even larger I Hate Winter and if the roles were flipped, I'd bet it do the same for Hawaiian Night

Comment

Congrats to Ferris on their NC title game victory!

Now these Ferris guys have a lot to look forward to with their trip to Cameron Indoor Arena to face the Duke Blue Devils with their traditional start of facing the DII National Championship team in an exhibition game. That alone really is a hell of alot to look forward to kick off the 2018 season. Good luck!

Comment

1 for 4, couldn't get a lot of shots over the long defenders, but Gabe passed up at least one open look.

Comment

Breaking: Fan who supported the opponent of his rival is angered by rival fans supporting his team's opponent.

Originally posted by benchwarmer75 View Post
                              Yes, Carter played his heart out. Maybe they had the D2 POY but there was one player that stood out from the rest and today it was Evans. No honors except the knowledge that he played his best game as his last game on national tv for a national title. An integral part of this team developing into what it became and someone who passed on a lot of programs because he loved Aberdeen and Sather. On a team with great character maybe the most selfless member.
                              As the pre-eminent non-Northern Carter Evans fan that performance was sweet, sweet vindication. Not many guys play their best in the last game of their careers on the biggest stage

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                Breaking: Fan who supported the opponent of his rival is angered by rival fans supporting his team's opponent.

As the pre-eminent non-Northern Carter Evans fan that performance was sweet, sweet vindication. Not many guys play their best in the last game of their careers on the biggest stage
                                Not at all. The thought that this all made you squirm for a few more weeks was enjoyable. Just making sure every understand who you guys are and how you have always acted. If ANYTHING, the message I received points at your hypocrisy, not mine.

If you think two words is the same as post after post after post of what you guys have done for years. I'm just going to finish getting ready for church laughing the whole way there.
                                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-25-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X