X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2018 Minnesota State Thread

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    I wish that Carlos Anderson would simply just play
    Fixed it for you. Too many times, he pulls stunts that get him in trouble- or potential trouble. Too much talk, too many shoves- and it will eventually cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      Fixed it for you. Too many times, he pulls stunts that get him in trouble- or potential trouble. Too much talk, too many shoves- and it will eventually cost him.
      Can't disagree. Discipline isn't his friend.

When he does play disciplined, which is extremely infrequent, he is very talented. When Carlos is Carlos, he is frustratingly ineffective.

Comment

Can't disagree. Discipline isn't his friend.

When he does play disciplined, which is extremely infrequent, he is very talented. When Carlos is Carlos, he is frustratingly ineffective.
        He reminds me of the guy you play in pickup games. You find that you'd rather be on the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          He reminds me of the guy you play in pickup games. You find that you'd rather be on the other team.
          Indeed. I do suspect he'll get it figured out around conference tournament time. Whether that is way too late to matter is yet to be determined.

Comment

If you haven't read Reusse's column yet, this is interesting- talks about Grant Williams of Tennessee's dad who played at MSU, Gil Williams.

http://www.startribune.com/tennessee...esh/504927642/

Comment

MSU signs deal with OFC & Sanford.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2019/2...h-ofc-sports-m

Comment

Krieger named to All-Academic team.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2019/2...ct-honors.aspx

Comment

Nice honor for KK. Glad he has another year of eligibility after this one.

Comment

Mav women defeat UIU 86-67. Muth went down in the first half with an apparent knee injury, and Drost did not play at all tonight.
                    Fett led the offense with 20 points. Hopefully she can continue to improve and be a real force in her remaining three years of eligibility.

Comment

**Next season talk alert**
                      I'd be more than ok if Juwan McCloud decided not to return next season. He is allergic to defense. Carlos Anderson has coasted through most of this season, seems disinterested most games. He won't be missed much. Kirksey took another step forward this year and should be a top player in the league next year. Same with Krieger, at least a top scorer. I've really liked what I've seen from Quincy Anderson, a little less impressed by Tre Baumgardner. He gets a bit too out of control at times. Nixon is an animal on defense but has yet to develop anything resembling an offensive game. Very interested to see what the incoming FR from Illinois can do, he appears extremely athletic with some offensive game already. Hoping transfers are minimal and only to fill a gap, maybe one that can come in and score or run the point (or both). Next year should be a much better season for the Mavs. But, we'll find out how it really plays out.

Still at least one more game left to play this season, but I don't think any Mav fan sees this team going anywhere, even if they sneak into the regional.

Comment

**Next season talk alert**
                        I'd be more than ok if Juwan McCloud decided not to return next season. He is allergic to defense. Carlos Anderson has coasted through most of this season, seems disinterested most games. He won't be missed much. Kirksey took another step forward this year and should be a top player in the league next year. Same with Krieger, at least a top scorer. I've really liked what I've seen from Quincy Anderson, a little less impressed by Tre Baumgardner. He gets a bit too out of control at times. Nixon is an animal on defense but has yet to develop anything resembling an offensive game. Very interested to see what the incoming FR from Illinois can do, he appears extremely athletic with some offensive game already. Hoping transfers are minimal and only to fill a gap, maybe one that can come in and score or run the point (or both). Next year should be a much better season for the Mavs. But, we'll find out how it really plays out.

Still at least one more game left to play this season, but I don't think any Mav fan sees this team going anywhere, even if they sneak into the regional.
                        Good analysis. Agree, it is almost inconceivable that this team could put together enough wins to go further than at best make the regional. Much too inconsistent.
                        I hope attention is given to bringing in or developing a true post player that can score consistently inside.

Comment

About what I expected last night at the regional. At least the underclassmen got some experience playing in a regional game.
                          Not sure what the controversy was involving Mr. C. Anderson and why he wasn't along on the trip to Missouri. I assume some major insubordination let to that decision.
                          Other than him, losing Ahrenholz, who was a good guard in a reserve role. Some good talent returning next year (unless someone transfers out, you never know.). Hoping that Nixon can work on his offensive skills and contribute more scoring next season.

Comment

Picture of Tony Bennett, Virginia head coach, guarding Matt Margenthahler in college.

Comment

I had converse shoes like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                                I had converse shoes like that.
                                I had Converse low cut orange Chuck Taylors in high school. I had white ones in college. Can't tell what Matt is wearing- Bata's? I think they were owned, or bought out, by Wilson.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X