Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2018 Minnesota State Thread

Mavs win over University of Tampa this afternoon in Florida, 75-61.

No Kirksey today.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      Mavs win over University of Tampa this afternoon in Florida, 75-61.

No Kirksey today.
      Is he serving a one-game suspension, or injury?

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
        Is he serving a one-game suspension, or injury?
        Injury

Comment

This has been the ugliest game I've seen in quite some time. Even worse than the Winona game last year, which was an abomination. If MSU plays like this all year, they'll win 8 games at best.

Eckerd leading 72-63 with 1:21 left

Comment

Eckerd is no slouch though - 3rd round of NCAA's last year....assume they have some solid returners and newcomers. At least it wasn't a loss to Waldorf or something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
              Eckerd is no slouch though - 3rd round of NCAA's last year....assume they have some solid returners and newcomers. At least it wasn't a loss to Waldorf or something like that!
              Agree. And without Kirksey, a talented player, I suspected their chances of winning there last night were not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                Agree. And without Kirksey, a talented player, I suspected their chances of winning there last night were not good.
                Eckerd was a decent team. They had a couple of nice players for sure. Neither team shot the ball well at all. Defense was alright from both sides, but overall, an ugly game from both team for the most part. I think both teams (and certainly coaches) were frustrated with the officiating. I thought they equally less-than-good for both sides and had no impact on the result. Mavs shot under 40% overall and under 30% for three. Young guys looked young in this game as well. Agree, certainly missed Kirksey in this game for sure.

The Eckerd campus is beautiful though, maybe they were a bit too relaxed on the trip :)

Comment

Saturday's game times for this Saturday against Concordia at now 3:30 for the women and 5:30 for the men.

Football game is at noon.

Comment

Mavs got the OT win yesterday, but Kevin Krieger went down with an injury and didn't return. The USF radio guy made it sound like he didn't want to put any weight on his knee. Hopefully it's a sprain and he can be back this year...

Comment

Yes, hopefully Krieger's injury will allow him to return to action within a few weeks. Big loss without him even for that long, and hopefully won't keep him out the rest of this season. I'm impressed by the new players from what I have observed to this point.

Comment

Yes, hopefully Krieger's injury will allow him to return to action within a few weeks. Big loss without him even for that long, and hopefully won't keep him out the rest of this season. I'm impressed by the new players from what I have observed to this point.
                        Per Courrier it's a strained hammy:

https://twitter.com/ChadCourrier/sta...003478016?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Per Courrier it's a strained hammy:

https://twitter.com/ChadCourrier/sta...003478016?s=19
                          You have to think they'll be cautious. MSU has 3 games coming up. Winona, UIU, and North Central U in a D-III matchup. After that, they have 11 days before their next league game.

Comment

Thought that I better give this a bump. It had almost disappeared.

Let's give the MSU basketball cheerleaders a little love.

Comment

Story about Grant Williams, Tennessee star who is the son of former Mav basketball great Gil Williams, who lived on my floor in Gage dorm.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...naissance-man/

Comment

I wish that Carlos Anderson would simply just play defense. He is way above average on that end when he wants to be, but his offensive game is simply offensive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X