Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018/2019 Rotation Predictions

These have been discussed earlier in the summer in a previous thread but this should be easier to reference later in the season if anyone is interested. Post your thoughts on your team's starting 5 and rotational players.

Re: 2018/2019 Rotation Predictions

MSU

1 - Juwan McCloud
    2 - Kevin Krieger
    3 - Paris Parham
    4 - Cameron Kirksey
    5 - Dylan Miller

6th man - Carlos Anderson
    Rotation - Jamal Nixon
    Rotation - Karson Arrenholz/FR PG*
    Rotation - Carter Asche
    Rotation- Jake Guse

*this is assuming that 2 of 3 freshmen will be red-shirted.

Comment

Here's my current prediction for SMSU, a month before the season opener:

Bruggeman
      Schafer
      Byers
      Lee
      McNease

Dufault
      Hanson/Kramer/Dayman (1 or 2 of them)
      Bartlett

Comment

Moorhead

They struggled so bad last year it is likely wide open this year. May be an upperclassman starting lineup and if that is not effective you may see the youth movement start early.

Upperclass

Pg - Beeninga
        Sg - Coad
        Sf - Bussman/Cox
        Pf - Johnson
        C - Park

Youth movement -

Pg - Irsfeld
        Sg - sem
        Sf - Baumgartner
        Pf - Hanson
        C - Bergh

Comment

Ian Smith
          Gabe King
          Bo Fries
          Justin Decker
          Cole Dahl

Bench
          Andrew Kallman
          Parker Fox
          Roko Dominovic

Last resort
          Ethan Kranhold
          Logan LeGrand
          Mason Stark

Freshman (I wouldn't expect them all to redshirt
          Lincoln Jordre
          Jordan Belka
          Gus Reede
          Justin Balcome

I'm curious to see how the Wolves run things this year. Decker hasn't lived up to any of his hype and is basically our only big man. I'd assume it will be a fast paced offense with many threes. If we finish top five I'll be happy. If one of these freshman play I'll change my opinion however.

I think Belka will be the best of the bunch, Balcome should be very good down low, Jordre is going to be the one to surprise people and Gus is deadly from deep but I don't know if he can do anything else. Like most feel of their teams, our future seems incredibly bright but I am not going to put too much pressure on this years squad. Going to be a very different look with Ian maybe making a run at player of the year.

Comment

starters for SMSU

Bruggeman
            Schafer
            Lee
            Kenny Byers
            Kolin Bartlett

off bench - Mcnease and Dufalt - both to provide tons of offense

also off bench and mattering

Kramer
            Hanson

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Ian Smith
              Gabe King
              Bo Fries
              Justin Decker
              Cole Dahl

Bench
              Andrew Kallman
              Parker Fox
              Roko Dominovic

Last resort
              Ethan Kranhold
              Logan LeGrand
              Mason Stark

Freshman (I wouldn't expect them all to redshirt
              Lincoln Jordre
              Jordan Belka
              Gus Reede
              Justin Balcome

I'm curious to see how the Wolves run things this year. Decker hasn't lived up to any of his hype and is basically our only big man. I'd assume it will be a fast paced offense with many threes. If we finish top five I'll be happy. If one of these freshman play I'll change my opinion however.

I think Belka will be the best of the bunch, Balcome should be very good down low, Jordre is going to be the one to surprise people and Gus is deadly from deep but I don't know if he can do anything else. Like most feel of their teams, our future seems incredibly bright but I am not going to put too much pressure on this years squad. Going to be a very different look with Ian maybe making a run at player of the year.
              Pretty much agree with all of this. Is Roko going to see the court? Has Mason Stark gotten any bigger? I've heard he is an excellent shooter. One of the freshman big guys is going to have to play this year. And how successful they are might be the difference between an above average season and a really good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                Pretty much agree with all of this. Is Roko going to see the court? Has Mason Stark gotten any bigger? I've heard he is an excellent shooter. One of the freshman big guys is going to have to play this year. And how successful they are might be the difference between an above average season and a really good season.
                I've heard Roko is a solid player...but we shall see

Comment

My prediction for Augie:

PG - AJ Plitzuweit (freshman)
                  SG - Matt Cartwright (sophomore)
                  SF - Michael Schaefer (freshman)
                  PF - Tyler Riemersma (sophomore)
                  PF2 - Adam Dykman (junior)

Subs would be:
                  PG - Jameson Bryan (sophomore), Beau Keeve (junior), Tayt Vincent (freshman)
                  SG - Levi Jansen (sophomore, if he's somehow playing this year and isn't just listed on the roster)
                  SF - Dylan LeBrun (freshman)
                  Bigs - Eric Tiedman (freshman), C - Bodey Behrends (sophomore), Trevor Hanson (freshman)

Guys I know nothing about (possibly walk-ons or JV guys?):
                  PF - Zach Scholten (sophomore)
                  SF - Tommy Jensen (junior)
                  PF - Carter Rynda (senior)

Not exactly a slew of key rotation juniors and seniors in that group. Which will make for an interesting year. Or, hopefully, at least an encouraging future.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Not exactly a slew of key rotation juniors and seniors in that group. Which will make for an interesting year. Or, hopefully, at least an encouraging future.
                    That's similar to how the Mustangs will look next year....we have no juniors and only three sophomores this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      My prediction for Augie:

PG - AJ Plitzuweit (freshman)
                      SG - Matt Cartwright (sophomore)
                      SF - Michael Schaefer (freshman)
                      PF - Tyler Riemersma (sophomore)
                      PF2 - Adam Dykman (junior)

Subs would be:
                      PG - Jameson Bryan (sophomore), Beau Keeve (junior), Tayt Vincent (freshman)
                      SG - Levi Jansen (sophomore, if he's somehow playing this year and isn't just listed on the roster)
                      SF - Dylan LeBrun (freshman)
                      Bigs - Eric Tiedman (freshman), C - Bodey Behrends (sophomore), Trevor Hanson (freshman)

Guys I know nothing about (possibly walk-ons or JV guys?):
                      PF - Zach Scholten (sophomore)
                      SF - Tommy Jensen (junior)
                      PF - Carter Rynda (senior)

Honest question and in no way meant as a criticism of Augie, but it seems they have been "young" for a few years now. Were there a couple of recruiting classes that just didn't hit or am I missing where some of the upperclassmen have gone?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                        Honest question and in no way meant as a criticism of Augie, but it seems they have been "young" for a few years now. Were there a couple of recruiting classes that just didn't hit or am I missing where some of the upperclassmen have gone?
                        Maybe you're thinking of the Augustana in Illinois...

The 2016-17 team was driven by upperclassmen with National Champion leftovers Beyer, Spencer, Schaefer, Huisken, and Warren (a sophomore at the time but was a rotation player as a freshmen) joined by Mike Busack. They made the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney before losing to the eventual National Champs, Justin Pittscats.

The 2017-2018 team was younger as sophomore Adam Dykman started and freshmen Matt Cartwright and Jameson Bryan were in the rotation. Beyond that it was upperclassmen Spencer, Warren, Schaefer, and Asmus who led the way to a firmly mediocre season.

This season is a youth movement on a scale I dont think the conference has seen from a program of Augie's stature. Zero players that figure to be in the rotation have more than one season of NSIC experience. If they get close to .500 Texas Tom deserves serious Coach of the Year consideration.
                        Last edited by Augieholic; 10-15-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Maybe you're thinking of the Augustana in Illinois...

The 2016-17 team was driven by upperclassmen with National Champion leftovers Beyer, Spencer, Schaefer, Huisken, and Warren (a sophomore at the time but was a rotation player as a freshmen) joined by Mike Busack. They made the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney before losing to the eventual National Champs, Justin Pittscats.

The 2017-2018 team was younger as sophomore Adam Dykman started and freshmen Matt Cartwright and Jameson Bryan were in the rotation. Beyond that it was upperclassmen Spencer, Warren, Schaefer, and Asmus who led the way to a firmly mediocre season.

This season is a youth movement on a scale I dont think the conference has seen from a program of Augie's stature. Zero players that figure to be in the rotation have more than one season of NSIC experience. If they get close to .500 Texas Tom deserves serious Coach of the Year consideration.
                          2011/2012 Mavericks would like a little consideration. But, they did have a SR that year in Stephen Kirchbaum (he played more minutes the first 5 games that year than the rest of his career combined).

However, I think the Augie youth experiment will go much better than the one above did. And will likely last longer than that one season! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                            2011/2012 Mavericks would like a little consideration. But, they did have a SR that year in Stephen Kirchbaum (he played more minutes the first 5 games that year than the rest of his career combined).

However, I think the Augie youth experiment will go much better than the one above did. And will likely last longer than that one season! :)
                            An apt comparison. Fortunately this Augie team doesnt have to replace a hairline of Taylor Morrow's stature like that Maverick squad did.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Mustangs will be close to that in 2019-20. We'll have just two players with more than one season of real experience.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X