Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 Washburn Thread--All things Ichabod basketball

'Bods fall 98-93 in overtime after holding a 5 point lead with a little over two minutes to play.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
      'Bods fall 98-93 in overtime after holding a 5 point lead with a little over two minutes to play.
      Very tough loss for the Ichabods. West Texas A&M is a very good team but we felt like we really let one slip away. We started poor and finished poor. Got another tough one today in Indianapolis. Pitt State beat them by 13 but I think the game was much closer than what the final score indicated. The positive is that these games should really prepare us well for conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
        Very tough loss for the Ichabods. West Texas A&M is a very good team but we felt like we really let one slip away. We started poor and finished poor. Got another tough one today in Indianapolis. Pitt State beat them by 13 but I think the game was much closer than what the final score indicated. The positive is that these games should really prepare us well for conference.
        The Ichabods bounced back with a 16pt win over a talented Indianapolis teal on Tuesday afternoon in Las Vegas. The game was back and forth in the 1st half with Indy up one at half. Washburn was very efficient the 2nd half offensively shooting over 50% and ending the game with 20 assists and only 9 turnovers. Indy is going to win a lot of games. The game was much closer than the final score margin of 16pts. Overall it was a good trip. Probably should have won both but losing an OT game to West Texas A&M is a quality loss. Anxious for conference season. We think this Washburn team has the potential to better than last years 22-10 squad. One more tune-up with NAIA Avila before opening up on the road against out rival Emporia State.

Comment

Total losses for the Bods this season will be in the single digits. 2 so far, 2 or less in the post season, 5 or less in MIAA regular season play.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
            Total losses for the Bods this season will be in the single digits. 2 so far, 2 or less in the post season, 5 or less in MIAA regular season play.
            Yes I think we should have a pretty good season. You guys (MO Southern) are really playing well. Your post play is phenomenal and you have really good 3pt shooting. Looking forward to see how it all shakes out in conference play.

Comment

Yes I think we should have a pretty good season. You guys (MO Southern) are really playing well. Your post play is phenomenal and you have really good 3pt shooting. Looking forward to see how it all shakes out in conference play.

Comment

Just got back from Emporia. The Bods were up 18 and cruised to a pretty easy win. Emporia State put up
                a fight the 2nd half but got no closer than 10 and Washburn ended up winning by double digits. The Ichabods were really good in the first half. They still have not put two really good halves together. This team strengths are their depth. 39 bench points tonight, their balance-4 guys in double figures and their unselfishness-23 assists tonight. Javion Blake is turning into a great scorer-32pts tonight. The two freshman are growing up right before our eyes-Sevon Witt 16pts and Jalen Lewis 11pts. We are led by a terrific point guard in Tyler Geiman-9 assists and 6 rebounds. I love our 9 man rotation. We guarded our arses off the 1st half and if we can sustain that for a whole game I think we are going to be tough to beat. Emporia State is going to be a tough out at home. They have some grit and some fight. I was impressed with them the 2nd half. They attack the rim and they shoot it well from 3. Doty is going to get them going. On to Mo West on Wed night. They will be tough at home after winning 2 straight on the road.

Comment

The two freshman are growing up right before our eyes-Sevon Witt 16pts and Jalen Lewis 11pts.
                  Hmm... interesting.

In all seriousness, it looks like WU may be the toughest competition for the conference title after Southern's week. Lot of games left though.

Comment

Btech#3, I have to ask..............do you talk to yourself? The reason I ask is you quote and then respond to your own quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                      Btech#3, I have to ask..............do you talk to yourself? The reason I ask is you quote and then respond to your own quote.
                      I am technologically challenged. I think I hit the reply with quote button rather than just the reply button. I am also old which gives me an excuse to fumble around with technology. I think it is too early to anoint us as the top challenger but thx. Mo Southern will get it going and Pitt had a big win at Lindy. I think Lincoln is definitely in the mix as well. I would also not count out Fort Hays and UCM. They have a lot back and UCM is getting healthy. I think we are all chasing NW at this point. Just hope we can get the win against Mo West on Wed before we play you guys.

Comment

I am technologically challenged. I think I hit the reply with quote button rather than just the reply button. I am also old which gives me an excuse to fumble around with technology. I think it is too early to anoint us as the top challenger but thx. Mo Southern will get it going and Pitt had a big win at Lindy. I think Lincoln is definitely in the mix as well. I would also not count out Fort Hays and UCM. They have a lot back and UCM is getting healthy. I think we are all chasing NW at this point. Just hope we can get the win against Mo West on Wed before we play you guys.
                        Lol, I get the old..........in fact, am willing to bet I have you beat age wise. Glad you are posting and I think Washburn will be a very big challenge. Glad the game is in Maryville at this point. Of course we have ESU to worry about first. Good luck against MW.

Comment

Mo. West will be fired up and will be a handful. Let's hope that we both win so Saturday's game will be even bigger. Good luck to you guys against Emporia State.

Comment

The Ichabods survived a tight one and won in OT at Mo West. Washburn was very fortunate to win. They were down 6 with 1:30 to go in regulation but got to OT thx to a missed FT by Hightower with 13 seconds left. Blake was special with 30+ and Salach was really good late and made the shot to force OT and then came up big in OT. Washburn only turned it over 7 times in 45 minutes. Point guard Tyler Geiman played 43 minutes and did not turn it over. Tyus Martin and Jalen Lewis were in double figures and Devyn Wilson and Jayce Williams were huge off the bench. The officials called a foul with 1.8 seconds left in OT that ultimately decided the outcome. It was an obvious foul but you hate to see a game end like that. Mo West is for real. Much improved they were 19 for 44 from 3. They are tough to guard and they have a nice Freshman point guard and some crafty veterans led by Hightower. On to NW in the battle of the conf unbeatens.

Comment

The Ichabods got a great team win against winless (in conf.) Kearney last night in Topeka. Coming off a very average performance against NWMS on Saturday, I think it was a good bounce back. The Bods had 25 assists against only 8 turnovers led by point guard Tyler Geiman with 16 assists and 0 turnovers (he also thru in 9 rebounds). The Bods play their best basketball when the ball is moving and everyone is involved. They are athletic and they run good stuff offensively but when the ball gets sticky and there is a lot of one on one stuff (like we saw at NWMS) then the Bods are very beatable. I think NWMS's defense had something to do with that but 10 assists against 14 turnovers (NWMS game) is a recipe for disaster for Washburn. Tough one Saturday against FHSU. They are playing great ball and had a nice win at Emporia State by 11 last night. Have to win to stay one game back of NWMS.

Comment

The Ichabods got a great team win against winless (in conf.) Kearney last night in Topeka. Coming off a very average performance against NWMS on Saturday, I think it was a good bounce back. The Bods had 25 assists against only 8 turnovers led by point guard Tyler Geiman with 16 assists and 0 turnovers (he also thru in 9 rebounds). The Bods play their best basketball when the ball is moving and everyone is involved. They are athletic and they run good stuff offensively but when the ball gets sticky and there is a lot of one on one stuff (like we saw at NWMS) then the Bods are very beatable. I think NWMS's defense had something to do with that but 10 assists against 14 turnovers (NWMS game) is a recipe for disaster for Washburn. Tough one Saturday against FHSU. They are playing great ball and had a nice win at Emporia State by 11 last night. Have to win to stay one game back of NWMS.
                                Wow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X