Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWMSU

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    You are incorrect. I'm not searching now. I'm sharing my view of what I saw happen and when I saw it. If I was a UCM fan, my reaction would've been, oh come on man, seriously, another solid screen? And I'd have been disappointed that Ferris retaliated with a blatant foul.
    Ok, if you are not searching, you are stirring the pot. You have done a pretty good job of that lately! :)

Comment

• Mr. Wizard, a pot-stirrer? lol

Comment

You are incorrect. I'm not searching now. I'm sharing my view of what I saw happen and when I saw it. If I was a UCM fan, my reaction would've been, oh come on man, seriously, another solid screen? And I'd have been disappointed that Ferris retaliated with a blatant foul.

Comment

The only reason I wondered if it was warranted:
          -the game was in hand
          -you were breaking the press safely
          -you had just set a screen a minute or two earlier that knocked a guy out of the game

Legal, allowed, sound part of the game. But needed at that point?

Sort of like 3-pointers. Part of the game, legal, etc. But if the game is going to be won, do you go out of your way to bury another three? Sure, you can and teams do. But you take the chance of it rubbing a little more salt in the wound.
          I've seen NW take shot clock violations at the end of the game rather than pour salt in the wound. However, if you are going to go full court defense while the game is in hand, the other team should respond accordingly. That includes screens, easy layups if they are there, etc. Back off on defense because the game is in hand and NW dribbles the clock out.

This game was the first one I recall with there being less than 30 seconds on the game clock with the ball in NW hands and Hudgins still went to the hoop for the score with the game already in hand. Add in the handshake line incident and I think both teams were feeling a little chippy about things for different reasons. I am guessing without the Ferris intentional on Hawkins, NW just dribbles the ball out. Could be interesting when they meet in just under a week from now at UCM. I think NW will be poised and in control though. Hawkins responded with a WTF look and chuckle from the Ferris elbow in the handshake line.

Comment

Ok ok ok, I get it. Burning my "Save Ferris" t-shirt as we speak. Will stick with pulling for my team, at least for the rest of the day.

Comment

Ok ok ok, I get it. Burning my "Save Ferris" t-shirt as we speak. Will stick with pulling for my team, at least for the rest of the day.
              Thank goodness!

Comment

NW owns all tie breakers to this point and up 3 with 4 to play. MIAA championship just 1 game away.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but looking at the box score, it looks like we shot it a little better and Rhoades and Dougherty provided some much needed minutes off the bench. I was a little surprised that Dougherty didn't get in the game at all against UCM, especially when Hawkins was out. We needed a game like this before heading to Warrensburg... I expect another physical defensive battle. Hopefully, none the extra stuff carries over for either team. I saw it posted in one of the other threads about the MoSo/Pitt game, and the same holds true here... the way the schedule is setup, the teams don't get a lot of time to "forget", so to speak.

Comment

For all those who like to have fun with the Culture Wins motto at NW, have at it:
                    http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/c...fa34447e0.html

Comment

Diego has been able to create some highlight dunks this year but he was on the receiving end of that one. Ouch...

Comment

Not a good half for NW sans Welty.

Comment

Refs have it in for Hawk tonight. 4 ticky tack fouls on him while they let heavy contact go on others.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

In the words of that legendary actor Rob Schneider, "you can do it!"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X