Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NWMSU

I am shocked how up and down Lindenwood has been this season. They have played so very good teams close. NW must have played very well but I expected Lindenwood to contend this year with all that they have back and the pieces that they have added. I think they return the most experience of anyone else in the MIAA this season. Bottom line--NWMS is playing very well and are really tough at home.

Comment

Northwest rolls in next to last game in 2018, 85-46 over Texas A&M International. 5 players in double figures. Curious to know where Starzl was this evening. Did not see him on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        Northwest rolls in next to last game in 2018, 85-46 over Texas A&M International. 5 players in double figures. Curious to know where Starzl was this evening. Did not see him on the bench.
        He was on the bench, just not dressed out.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
          He was on the bench, just not dressed out.
          Thanks, obviously missed it.

Comment

Comment

The win against TAMI lowers Northwest's Performance Indicator and will drag the Bearcats down a little throughout the year as I doubt TAMI will finish with a .250 or better win percentage. Southern has at least one of these as well against Minot State but it was a PI point better since it was a neutral site win for the Lions.

The PI is fun to watch. For example, if UMSL (St Louis) had one more win and had Minnesota State beat Upper Iowa last week, Missouri Southern would now be sitting at #1 in the region based on Performance Indicator.

But hey, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

As expected NW easily handles Simpson College 108-58. Hawkins(29) & Bernard(17) both had career highs. Now on to OK for 2 games.

Comment

Haven't watched every game but what I have seen NW continues to play a beautiful style of basketball. Tough and smart on the defensive end coupled with spectacular spacing and movement on the offensive end. There will be a night where a hot shooting team gets them but there won't be many Ls taken this season.

Comment

I agree I think you guys are going to have a very good season but I think you guys will feel the departure of all of those good seniors as we get into the grind of conference season. I think just going on the road will be tougher because of not being so senior-laden and experienced as last year's squad.

Comment

Any win on the road is a good win. On to UCO.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                        I agree I think you guys are going to have a very good season but I think you guys will feel the departure of all of those good seniors as we get into the grind of conference season. I think just going on the road will be tougher because of not being so senior-laden and experienced as last year's squad.

Comment

A level above MOSO, who got clubbed tonight at Lindenwood (literally and figuratively). More than three times players left the court with bloody faces for Southern. Lindenwood out physical-ed us tonight, pulled away and Southern sputtered to the end.

Comment

I followed some of the game on live stats. I agree with you. You guys seem to be playing as well or even better than last years team. Shows how much I know. Mo Southern and Pitt lost tonight. There may be more parity than we think.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                              A level above MOSO, who got clubbed tonight at Lindenwood (literally and figuratively). More than three times players left the court with bloody faces for Southern. Lindenwood out physical-ed us tonight, pulled away and Southern sputtered to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                                Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                                I followed some of the game on live stats. I agree with you. You guys seem to be playing as well or even better than last years team. Shows how much I know. Mo Southern and Pitt lost tonight. There may be more parity than we think.
                                Not gonna shoot like that night in and night out, but with a point guard who can get to the rim, it makes it tough to pick your poison.

As long as we take care of the Ball and play solid D, we may be able to pull out some wins on off shooting nights.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X