Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Pick'em - Week 1 Chat

I honestly don't think we've discussed how light Moorhead's schedule has been. They lost to the two D2 teams they've played (save the "Western Washington is ranked" talk because preseason polls are trash, especially at D2, and their D2 wins have been pretty underwhelming). To steal a cliche from the message boards: They're in the believe it when I see it category.

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Nope Northern is a 9 pt favorite. They return a bunch of studs from a great team.

Moorhead will be improved, but Northern needs to defend the home court in this one.
    I wouldn't classify Gabe King and Bo Fries as studs, but they are major complements to Ian Smith. And they have a bevy of other 6-3 wing shooters. They took Northwest Mo to OT and had a poor shooting night against Truman that had them losing by 2. I think Northern by 10+ is a realistic outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
      They took Northwest Mo to OT and had a poor shooting night against Truman that had them losing by 2. I think Northern by 10+ is a realistic outcome.
      I wouldn't make much of the NW game. NW isn't that good. Haven't you heard that Pitts graduated?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
        I wouldn't make much of the NW game. NW isn't that good. Haven't you heard that Pitts graduated?
        Yes, but we were told his second coming had arrived already too...

Comment

I honestly don't think we've discussed how light Moorhead's schedule has been. They lost to the two D2 teams they've played (save the "Western Washington is ranked" talk because preseason polls are trash, especially at D2, and their D2 wins have been pretty underwhelming). To steal a cliche from the message boards: They're in the believe it when I see it category.

Comment

Tough to gloss over a loss to Simon Fraser.

As of now, we are intending to be at the game tomorrow. Looking forward to a Wolfdog, popcorn and hopefully some mediocre basketball.

Comment

At Simon Fraser...and they are not a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                12-13 6-20 (1-17)
                13-14 10-16 (3-15)
                14-15 11-16 (6-12)
                15-16 2-24 (1-19)
                16-17 4-24 (2-18)
                17-18 10-18 (4-16)
                18-19 4-3 (0-1)

But hey, it could happen

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  12-13 6-20 (1-17)
                  13-14 10-16 (3-15)
                  14-15 11-16 (6-12)
                  15-16 2-24 (1-19)
                  16-17 4-24 (2-18)
                  17-18 10-18 (4-16)
                  18-19 4-3 (0-1)

But hey, it could happen

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Yes, but we were told his second coming had arrived already too...
                    He obviously had to be replaced since he graduated, but second coming is comical at best....

Comment

He obviously had to be replaced since he graduated, but second coming is comical at best....
                      Trevor Hudgins never lost to Dan Jansen

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                        As NSU4LIFE pointed out, historically, they do not qualify as "not a bad team" and this year doesn't look to be much different with wins over two D2 teams. I gotta go to the supermarket and get some Scorch Red Kool Aid because it sounds amazing.

Comment

It shouldn't matter because while Pitts was great, the culture was the real winner.

Comment

It shouldn't matter because while Pitts was great, the culture was the real winner.
                            There it is. That's what I was waiting for. Three things in life are guaranteed: Death, taxes, and Guest69 to make a comment about NW culture. #CultureWins (except with Pitts gone we'll be lucky to be in the running to make it to the Regional).

Comment

There it is. That's what I was waiting for. Three things in life are guaranteed: Death, taxes, and Guest69 to make a comment about NW culture. #CultureWins (except with Pitts gone we'll be lucky to be in the running to make it to the Regional).

Comment

As NSU4LIFE pointed out, historically, they do not qualify as "not a bad team" and this year doesn't look to be much different with wins over two D2 teams. I gotta go to the supermarket and get some Scorch Red Kool Aid because it sounds amazing.
                                No Simon Fraser expert, but they are 4-3 and in two of three loses they were competitive with #15 UC San Diego and western Oregon preseason #3 in gnac...that tells me they are not a bad team...go drink all the kool aid you want...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X