X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Pick'em - Week 1 Chat

Thought I'd get this started.

Re: NSIC Pick'em - Week 1 Chat

I was really close to picking Upper Iowa over Winona, but I just couldn't quite do it with the Peacocks on the road. I also think the Crookston/Bemidji game will be really close. I know Crookston has some decent players, but I'm still in a "believe it when I see it" state of mind with them. Wayne seems to be playing really well and I think they get a road win against a really young Augie team. We'll see how big the gap is to the rest of the North on Saturday in Aberdeen. If Northern doesn't play better they could very well lose to a young Moorhead team.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      I was really close to picking Upper Iowa over Winona, but I just couldn't quite do it with the Peacocks on the road. I also think the Crookston/Bemidji game will be really close. I know Crookston has some decent players, but I'm still in a "believe it when I see it" state of mind with them. Wayne seems to be playing really well and I think they get a road win against a really young Augie team. We'll see how big the gap is to the rest of the North on Saturday in Aberdeen. If Northern doesn't play better they could very well lose to a young Moorhead team.

Comment

Anyone else have a problem with the NSIC mobile app? When I click on the schedule to see what's going on for the day nothing ever is listed anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Anyone else have a problem with the NSIC mobile app? When I click on the schedule to see what's going on for the day nothing ever is listed anymore
          I have same issue

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            I just hit the "Scoreboard" tab right on the homepage and it loads for me. But I also get the full schedule when I go Menu > Sports > Basketball > Schedule.

Do you have an iPhone or something else? I'm on an Android and it seems to be working fine.

Comment

The moment you've been waiting for. My entirely uninformed and barely thought through picks and pre-analysis for this Saturday:

Upper Iowa at Winona State - I have no idea what to think about Winona anymore. I could see the Warriors winning by 15 or losing by 20. So I'm just going with UIU.

Minnesota-Crookston at Bemidji State - I have thus far been unimpressed by Bemidji. Crookston always has the potential to unimpress me too, but they seem to have just enough talent to squeak by the Beavers.

Minnesota-Duluth at St. Cloud State - Not much need for analysis here.

Minot State at Mary - I have seen exactly zero seconds of either team this season, so I have no idea what to expect.

Wayne State at Augustana - Wayne's beatdown of the UNK Lopers has me more concerned than I probably was a week ago. Hoping Augie's talent is enough to overcome Wayne's veterans and overall team experience. Won't be shocked if Wayne gets the win though.

Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Mankato - Despite Moorhead123's confidence in the Golden Bears to overcome the predictions, I don't think there's a ton a room for optimism in this specific match-up.

Sioux Falls at Southwest Minnesota State - SMSU will finally have a chance to start proving to all of the haters (who are mostly just opposing teams' fans that are slightly skeptical of the Mustangs, particularly in comparison to their most recent two seasons) that they are still a top 1 or 2 team in the South and a force to be reckoned with beyond Mr. Bruggeman. I'm going to predict a tight USF win with a few big shots down the stretch from Guebert to seal it.

Minnesota State-Moorhead at Northern State - Watching Northern against Truman State may have tainted my perception of the Wolves, but if Truman State can secure a win against NSU, I have no doubt that MSUM can do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                I just hit the "Scoreboard" tab right on the homepage and it loads for me. But I also get the full schedule when I go Menu > Sports > Basketball > Schedule.

Do you have an iPhone or something else? I'm on an Android and it seems to be working fine.
                Android. It isnt a huge deal just very easy to go to home page and click on scoreboard and then I can see what's up or check a box score. Rught now it is just like l, tabs for each sport but no listings ever come up.

Comment

Several good games to start out the season

tossups in Winona, Marshall, and Sioux Falls. Those 3 games should be really good.

Also tossups in Bemidji and Bismarck so those will be interesting to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    Several good games to start out the season

tossups in Winona, Marshall, and Sioux Falls. Those 3 games should be really good.

Also tossups in Bemidji and Bismarck so those will be interesting to follow.
                    Could probably include Aberdeen in on that.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                        Nope Northern is a 9 pt favorite. They return a bunch of studs from a great team.

Moorhead will be improved, but Northern needs to defend the home court in this one.

Comment

Nope Northern is a 9 pt favorite. They return a bunch of studs from a great team.

Moorhead will be improved, but Northern needs to defend the home court in this one.
                          I can't figure out which parts of your statements are sarcastic and which aren't. Of course Northern needs to defend home court, but I haven't found any reason that says they are going to. I also can't name a "bunch" of studs on this team.

I suppose I have talked myself into figuring out my first sentence.

Comment

Vegas has northern as 4 pt favorite...

Comment

I'll wager a pumpkin pie on MSUM +9

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X