Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    I guess it is not my place to whine, but what is the story on Duluth? They are supposed to be the best team in our league (no offense Northern). Obviously, they are not the best in our league. The Bulldogs were swept on the road at Southwest and St Cloud. They get swept again this weekend at Winona & Upper Iowa. What do the rankings have to say about our league this year? Maybe we (the NSIC) are so hot and we happen to have substantial parity. Ugh.
    The NSIC is exceptionally average.

Comment

On a side-note, according to the box score, BSU played 7 guys total tonight, of which, 2 fouled out. We still got guys hurt, but man, it's tough as a player to have the energy to be sharp/crisp offensively and be gritty defensively when you're playing 40 minutes. I hope we get healthy.

Comment

Good split this weekend for UIU. Knew it would be a tough weekend - SCSU played well last night and their length and transition points really was the difference. Tonight UIU dug a big hole, but locked down on D to come back and get the win over UMD. Didn't shoot well either night, but scrapped hard tonight to get the W. Hilmer big down the clutch with 23 tonight after a tough game against SCSU. They've put themselves in a good position this point of the season - with this many new faces wasn't sure what to expect, but they are a scrappy bunch!

Comment

Winona had a sold shot for the weekend sweep after being down 15 then up 3 with less than 10 seconds left. All they needed was Whitelow to hit the front end of a one and one to seal it. He didn't, St. Cloud ties it with a three with 0.5 seconds left and takes over in overtime. It is often a very fine line between success and failure in this game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

The NSIC is exceptionally average.
              Thank you

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Moorhead123; 02-02-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Very big weekend ahead. The guys took care of business on the road this past week with the sweep but these will be much tougher games. Nice to have em at home this year.

I wasn't quite as low on the Coo going into this year as some of the predictions, 4th in the South, 10th overall, but I figured they'd for sure take a step back. Was just hoping for them to be top half and maybe steal a few wins as they got better later on with all the new faces. But I absolutely was not expecting them to lead the South and be in the regional discussion this year. So frankly, I'm just happy to be included at this point. Last year the expectations inevitably lead to my disappointment, so many close losses. So I could care less if the league overall is 'average' this year. My team is in first place and I'm just enjoying the ride.
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                      Winona had a sold shot for the weekend sweep after being down 15 then up 3 with less than 10 seconds left. All they needed was Whitelow to hit the front end of a one and one to seal it. He didn't, St. Cloud ties it with a three with 0.5 seconds left and takes over in overtime. It is often a very fine line between success and failure in this game.
                      Disappointing way for that game to end. They played so well all weekend (especially against UMD), but as you rightly point out, the line between winning and losing is razor thin.

I still have hopes for this team. Just need to find that consistent effort defensively and they can be tough to beat.

Comment

Wasn't able to watch yet another game this year, lots of conflicts this season. But just watching the highlights and theater Stark streak...what an amazing atmosphere for 5,200. Would have been a blast to be there.

Comment

Nsu4life there is a new gadget on the market called appletv that has all the old games archived on the nsic app. You can watch almost all the games an hour later a week later, if you want.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X