Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augie cruises to a 23 point win over SCSU. They made up for 5 weeks of frustration in 40 minutes. LeBrun was everywhere 26pts-4reb-6ast-3blk and 6-9 from 3. Dykman capped the night with a ridiculous putback dunk.

Comment

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Holt has to be in the running for South player of the week. Didn't he have 25 and 24?

Nice to get a sweep after last weekend's disaster. Nice to get four wins instead of four losses.

Picked up my Mav bobble head, visited with Hall of Fame baseball coach Tink Larson and got a hug from my favorite Mav basketball player Shea Fuller. And with games starting at 3:30/5:30 instead of 6 and 8, I got back to God's Country by 8:45.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          And with games starting at 3:30/5:30 instead of 6 and 8, I got back to God's Country by 8:45.
          You live in La Crosse, Wisconsin?

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
            Man basketball season is way more fun when your team is winning.
            That is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              Augie cruises to a 23 point win over SCSU. They made up for 5 weeks of frustration in 40 minutes. LeBrun was everywhere 26pts-4reb-6ast-3blk and 6-9 from 3. Dykman capped the night with a ridiculous putback dunk.
              Winning is better than losing. I don't know where tonight's team has been every other game, but if we could manage to play like this for the rest of the season, I might actually have a shred of hope that we could win four in a row in Sioux Falls in a few weeks.

Of course, at this point just winning four period from here on out will be nice, let alone four in a row during the NSIC Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

You live in La Crosse, Wisconsin?
                Midway between Buffalo Lake AKA Boozer Slew, and Hector AKA Swedetown.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                  This is the Mavs team that should show up each game.
                  Agree. Holt was on fire both nights. Seals had a very good second half, and Krieger and Kirksey at their usual high level. Hoping they can win a few more and host a conference playoff game.in late February.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    Well, that certainly was enjoyable -- and unexpected. The dunks and lobs this weekend -- and even the near dunks -- were fun.

I was most pleased to see Billeter keep his substitutions to a minimum and let a core group play as a unit for extended minutes. Sometimes it seems he sticks to a substitution schedule regardless of the flow of the game. Tonight was different.

Comment

• Can someone please figure out how to get Augie to the 4 spot. Cuz if they come back to St. Cloud, we are 1 and done. That was a true Division 1 team vs a Div. II team.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                        Can someone please figure out how to get Augie to the 4 spot. Cuz if they come back to St. Cloud, we are 1 and done. That was a true Division 1 team vs a Div. II team.
                        Just a reminder that if North #4 has a worse record than the South #5 then the South #5 seed hosts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Just a reminder that if North #4 has a worse record than the South #5 then the South #5 seed hosts.
                          The way we shot tonight, we might be better off in Halenbeck anyway.

Comment

• Comment

• I noticed that they had one and was curious about the quality, though cringeworthy doesn't surprise me.

Comment

• Seemed intimidated by the crowd early on. Not used to those types of environments....

In all seriousness, I was impressed by the Mustangs tonight despite the loss. Mustangs had been dealing with key injuries all week, as Byers and Dufault didn't even practice. Coach said they couldn't run 5 on 5 drills because they're so banged up. That was a damn good effort against one of the best teams in the NSIC.

Bigler said before the game that they felt we had an advantage inside, and I'd agree. Fox is talented, but not the strongest interior defender and they lack depth. Add in the guard injuries and the gameplan going in was to attack inside. For the most part, it worked. But with 13 minutes left, starting center Baker Magrath gets hurt. Phipps comes in fine, but picks up his 4th foul 78 seconds later. With lead cut to 50-49 with 11:42 left and both posts out of the game, that inside advantage was gone. Went scoreless for 4 minutes as Northern built a 7-point lead. Mustangs caught back up and had their chances, but just couldn't get things to fall. Had it down to 3 with 90 seconds left, but Fox putback followed by Byers offensive foul essentially ended the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X