NSUguy
    10. CoachSalscheider 39
    11. DapperDan 38
    T-12. NSU4Life 37
    Simple as a $3bill
    Guest69
    15. vikingfaithful 29
    16. njmav1 23

Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 6 (Chat Only)

Friday January 6th
    Moorhead vs. Minot
    Northern vs. Mary
    Upper Iowa vs. Sioux Falls
    Augustana vs. Mankato
    Winona vs. Southwest
    Duluth vs. Crookston
    St. Cloud vs. Bemidji
    Wayne vs. Concordia

Saturday January 7th
    Augustana vs. Concordia
    Northern vs. Minot
    Duluth vs. Bemidji
    St. Cloud vs. Crookton
    Wayne vs. Mankato
    Moorhead vs. Mary
    Winona vs. Sioux Falls
    Upper Iowa vs. Southwest

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Here are your updated standings through Week 5

1. Augieholic 45
      2. wscsuperfan 44
      T-3. Augie Skyhook 42
      MrAugustana
      Stanger86
      T-6. MrMustang 41
      Purple Mav Man
      T-8. laker 40
      NSUguy
      10. CoachSalscheider 39
      11. DapperDan 38
      T-12. NSU4Life 37
      Simple as a $3bill
      Guest69
      15. vikingfaithful 29
      16. njmav1 23
      This may be the only championship won by anyone bearing the Augustana name this season. :)

Comment

I'm an idiot...wrong thread
        Last edited by Stanger86; 01-04-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
          This may be the only championship won by anyone bearing the Augustana name this season. :)
          Then there are those fans still hoping for something higher than a top 4 finish. :)

Comment

My picks this week place me poised for the heights big comeback or the depths of disparity. Probably the latter. Figured I'm far enough down the list may as well take some chances. I am still not sold on SMSU. Too many close games and I figure at some point the law of averages starts turning a few of those the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Then there are those fans still hoping for something higher than a top 4 finish. :)
              That would be me. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                My picks this week place me poised for the heights big comeback or the depths of disparity. Probably the latter. Figured I'm far enough down the list may as well take some chances. I am still not sold on SMSU. Too many close games and I figure at some point the law of averages starts turning a few of those the other way.
                Wish that had been the case on Friday night.

Comment

Simple: This year, both you and I seem to be floundering in the NSIC Pick'ems swamp. It's been tough. Based on my performance, I am no one to question your Friday picks, but, do you realize that you are picking just one team out of eight to win at home? Well...just as I thought you were a little off, I noticed a couple guys who are tied for third (Augie Skyhook & Mr. Augustana) have also done the same, but with a slightly different arrangement. Hmm...perhaps you are on the right track after all.

A couple games are bugging me. It's hard to sweep a team that is fairly close to the other. I am taking a chance on BSU's home court advantage (although it really isn't, we're playing at the Sanford Center instead of the BSU gym) to say we will sweep Duluth. On the other hand, SCSU barely got by BSU in St Cloud last month. Can BSU use their relative home court advantage and revenge mentality to beat SCSU? We might, but, I'm giving the nod to the Huskies. Will UMC get revenge on UMD. They got BSU, can they also get the Bulldogs? 55/45 yes. Mary has a similar situation with Northern, but Mary upset Northern in Aberdeen. Can they sweep? Do they match-up well? OR will the revenge factor just be too dominant for NSU. I'm guessing NSU will prevail. Shouldn't Upper Iowa beat beat Sioux Falls? I know it's a road game but... I'm thinking too much which may be my downfall. Good luck to all the home teams Friday night! : - )
                  Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 01-05-2017, 05:38 PM. Reason: drop a word

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                    Simple: This year, both you and I seem to be floundering in the NSIC Pick'ems swamp. It's been tough. Based on my performance, I am no one to question your Friday picks, but, do you realize that you are picking just one team out of eight to win at home? Well...just as I thought you were a little off, I noticed a couple guys who are tied for third (Augie Skyhook & Mr. Augustana) have also done the same, but with a slightly different arrangement. Hmm...perhaps you are on the right track after all.

A couple games are bugging me. It's hard to sweep a team that is fairly close to the other. I am taking a chance on BSU's home court advantage (although it really isn't, we're playing at the Sanford Center instead of the BSU gym) to say we will sweep Duluth. On the other hand, SCSU barely got by BSU in St Cloud last month. Can BSU use their relative home court advantage and revenge mentality to beat SCSU? We might, but, I'm giving the nod to the Huskies. Will UMC get revenge on UMD. They got BSU, can they also get the Bulldogs? 55/45 yes. Mary has a similar situation with Northern, but Mary upset Northern in Aberdeen. Can they sweep? Do they match-up well? OR will the revenge factor just be too dominant for NSU. I'm guessing NSU will prevail. Shouldn't Upper Iowa beat beat Sioux Falls? I know it's a road game but... I'm thinking too much which may be my downfall. Good luck to all the home teams Friday night! : - )
                    Thats more thought in one set of games than I've put in all my picks all year. (and it shows) :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                      Slade already asked if I want my banner to be twice as big as last year's National Championship or if equal size will do. I hit him back with:

"Slade, my man, thanks for the encouragement but with Simpleasa$3bill breathing down my neck from a three way tie for 12th I can't focus on those pesky details right now. Also three times as big should do. VST. NDTT."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X