X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

I thought that that pass was closer to half court and had a lot less air under it. And yes, it worked very well.
    Yes, it was not the best throw.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    On the flip side, that's the same play the Vikes used to upset St. Cloud in the regional 11 years ago and it worked like a charm that time.
    I thought that that pass was closer to half court and had a lot less air under it. And yes, it worked very well.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

You have 2.7 seconds left and the other team has the most athletic player on the floor back to intercept a pass like that. I'm glad they didn't get something with a guy going toward the basket to either drive for a layup/foul or a kick out 3 to win it. Billeter has forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but that seemed like a pretty low percentage option.
    Funny, Billeter literally just said on the radio that he didn't know the refs were going to put more time on the clock, so when they finally did, they already had the play set and thought it would be tough to redraw it in time.

On the flip side, that's the same play the Vikes used to upset St. Cloud in the regional 11 years ago and it worked like a charm that time.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Sorry Tom, that was a poorly designed play
    You have 2.7 seconds left and the other team has the most athletic player on the floor back to intercept a pass like that. I'm glad they didn't get something with a guy going toward the basket to either drive for a layup/foul or a kick out 3 to win it. Billeter has forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but that seemed like a pretty low percentage option.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    That very last play?

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied
    Anybody else feel that Parker Fox traveled after intercepting that last pass? 2.7 seconds left, he catches, takes a dribble, skips in celebration and then throws the ball high in the air before the buzzer. I thought the skip was a travel. But they never showed a replay.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Also, it is great to start off the tournament with that atmosphere, but it's kind of a bummer that game had to be the first quarterfinal game. There will be several good games, but few with a crowd that NSU-Augie brings to the Pentagon. It would've been fun to see that one later in the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    That was terrible defense at the end by Augie to give the Wolves the win. But that is one of the great things about the Wolves putting 5 guys on the floor that can score. I would argue that Kallman is probably option #4 for NSU at that point of the game. They put so much pressure on a defense that it is hard to stop them. Good win, GO WOLVES!!!

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Very confused by that strategy. Gave the refs no choice to either call the block or have a wide open lay up.
    Appeared Schaefer got crossed up or confused on whether to help. Gotta stay with the ball there.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

That was rough.
    I would expect that from the Mavs, but I figured Augie would D up better than that. Very unfortunate to end that way. Good game.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I had completely forgotten to check that out!!

As I'm writing...terrible time for that call. He had the dump pass to Tommy, but tough time for any sort of whistle, maybe replay shows more obvious but real time I didnt see it I guess.
    Right call IF making the call. Questionable whether you make it or not though. But, if you do, it was correct. At least it appeared.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I had completely forgotten to check that out!!

As I'm writing...terrible time for that call. He had the dump pass to Tommy, but tough time for any sort of whistle, maybe replay shows more obvious but real time I didnt see it I guess.
    It was a foul.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Man, what kind of D was that?? They just left Kallman alone to drive. Ouch
    That was rough.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Man, what kind of D was that?? They just left Kallman alone to drive. Ouch
    Very confused by that strategy. Gave the refs no choice to either call the block or have a wide open lay up.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X