Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Week 7 Chat

I think the most important set of games this weekend are Augie/Wayne at Northern/Moorhead. All 4 teams have a shot at the regional tournament and this weekend could go a long way toward sorting that out. It's just a good thing all important games are played in Aberdeen.

Mankato also has a big weekend hosting Duluth and St. Cloud. The Mankato/St. Cloud game should be one of the best conference games of the season, but Duluth has shown they can be a pretty good team as well and could give the Mavs a little trouble Friday night.

I may check the scores for ND vs. USF/SMSU this weekend just to make sure the southerners don't lay an egg, but I don't anticipate these games to be too close.

I doubt that the Winona/Upper Iowa at Bemidji/Crookston games will come up much on this thread unless Cleary goes off for 50, which I would almost see as likely when Upper Iowa comes to town.

Re: NSIC Week 7 Chat

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    I think the most important set of games this weekend are Augie/Wayne at Northern/Moorhead. All 4 teams have a shot at the regional tournament and this weekend could go a long way toward sorting that out. It's just a good thing all important games are played in Aberdeen.

Mankato also has a big weekend hosting Duluth and St. Cloud. The Mankato/St. Cloud game should be one of the best conference games of the season, but Duluth has shown they can be a pretty good team as well and could give the Mavs a little trouble Friday night.

I may check the scores for ND vs. USF/SMSU this weekend just to make sure the southerners don't lay an egg, but I don't anticipate these games to be too close.

I doubt that the Winona/Upper Iowa at Bemidji/Crookston games will come up much on this thread unless Cleary goes off for 50, which I would almost see as likely when Upper Iowa comes to town.
    This is an odd scheduling quirk. It seemed to me like I hadn't seen Northern play in Wayne for a very long time, and checking the past schedules...yup, Wayne played at Northern last year as well, in addition to 15-16. So, three of the last four meetings... Meanwhile, Wayne/Augie has been getting a steady dose of Duluth/St Cloud at home. Seems like the schedule makers could balance this out better. Perhaps there is some logic to it that I don't understand.

Looking forward to some good games. Sounds like the weather will be awful this weekend so I might as well hang out in front of the computer screen.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
      This is an odd scheduling quirk. It seemed to me like I hadn't seen Northern play in Wayne for a very long time, and checking the past schedules...yup, Wayne played at Northern last year as well, in addition to 15-16. So, three of the last four meetings... Meanwhile, Wayne/Augie has been getting a steady dose of Duluth/St Cloud at home. Seems like the schedule makers could balance this out better. Perhaps there is some logic to it that I don't understand.

Looking forward to some good games. Sounds like the weather will be awful this weekend so I might as well hang out in front of the computer screen.
      Aren't you aware that this is a SD first league, so all advantages, of any type, go to the SD schools. :) You just get to reap some of them because your travel partner is Augie. Just wait til they are no longer in the league, you may have all road games. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Few will be as excited (and amazed) as me if Augie makes the regional, but I would have to imagine that, short of running the table in conference play, this would be a pretty big stretch for the Vikes. Unless they can put together 4 really good games in another month and a half (3 of which would be on the always-neutral and never controversial floor of the Sanford Pentagon).

Comment

They flipped the home/away cross-divisional schedule this year.l for whatever reason. It's why we will be playing in Mankato again this year and had to travel to Winona/Fayette.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            Few will be as excited (and amazed) as me if Augie makes the regional, but I would have to imagine that, short of running the table in conference play, this would be a pretty big stretch for the Vikes. Unless they can put together 4 really good games in another month and a half (3 of which would be on the always-neutral and never controversial floor of the Sanford Pentagon).
            I dont see why. I wouldnt be surprise if any one of Mankato, St. Cloud, Augie, Northern, Wayne or Sioux Falls won the conference tourney. I don't think anyone is clear and away the best team but all of those have legit shots at winning the NSIC tourney to me. Which is also why I'm going to do my best to make sure I'm there for all those great games.

This is a big weekend for this cluster of team in Aberdeen and Moorhead this weekend. Wolves could separate themselves potentially or give up their conference lead. Hopefully the Augie faithful can get through the supposed weather to make sure Wachs has some noise tonight. I'm sad I cant be there since we dont know how many more of these matchups we will have.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              I dont see why. I wouldnt be surprise if any one of Mankato, St. Cloud, Augie, Northern, Wayne or Sioux Falls won the conference tourney. I don't think anyone is clear and away the best team but all of those have legit shots at winning the NSIC tourney to me. Which is also why I'm going to do my best to make sure I'm there for all those great games.

This is a big weekend for this cluster of team in Aberdeen and Moorhead this weekend. Wolves could separate themselves potentially or give up their conference lead. Hopefully the Augie faithful can get through the supposed weather to make sure Wachs has some noise tonight. I'm sad I cant be there since we dont know how many more of these matchups we will have.
              Busch league SaTTher tweets make it clear that northern is far and away the class of the conference and clear favorite to win conference tournament. Rest of league can only hope one or two of their guys gets the flu during the tourney to have any chance whatsoever...

Comment

HOCKEY DAY MINNESOTA IN BEMIDJI

Welcome Upper Iowa and Winona to Bemidji!!! We have an additional 3000 people in town. Unfortunately, not to watch basketball. However, since we are not expected to get above zero this weekend, maybe some will venture into the BSU gym instead of outdoor hockey. Personally, I am hoping the sub-zero temperatures will distract the Peacocks and Warriors and the Beavers finally pull out a couple conference wins. We'll see. Lots of difficult match-ups in the NSIC this time around. Stay warm!

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/

https://lptv.org/

https://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...bemidji-011519
                Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 01-18-2019, 02:59 PM. Reason: add a link

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                  HOCKEY DAY MINNESOTA IN BEMIDJI

Welcome Upper Iowa and Winona to Bemidji!!! We have an additional 3000 people in town. Unfortunately, not to watch basketball. However, since we are not expected to get above zero this weekend, maybe some will venture into the BSU gym instead of outdoor hockey. Personally, I am hoping the sub-zero temperatures will distract the Peacocks and Warriors and the Beavers finally pull out a couple conference wins. We'll see. Lots of difficult match-ups in the NSIC this time around. Stay warm!

https://lptv.org/

https://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...bemidji-011519
                  It does get cold down here too coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                    Busch league SaTTher tweets make it clear that northern is far and away the class of the conference and clear favorite to win conference tournament. Rest of league can only hope one or two of their guys gets the flu during the tourney to have any chance whatsoever...
                    LOL

Comment

Texas Tom in pregame interview talked about how they have had to face some injuries and he is proud of how his guys have handled it and stepped up. Lucky Moorhead123 didnt hear that or we would have two Busch League coaches in the conference...lol

Comment

Does Northern always deliver the game ball in a pizza carryout bag or is that just for rivalry games?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Does Northern always deliver the game ball in a pizza carryout bag or is that just for rivalry games?
                          Always, you know how it is, nothing is too "cheesy" to earn a few bucks for the school.

Comment

The inflated tunnel with smoke for starting lineups is freaking cool

Comment

If Northern wants to run Justin Decker post ups for 40 minutes consider me on board.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X