Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

You are right, Streit is probably their top guy...assuming he is going D1, but who knows.
    Though position can certainly be interchangeable, Trey and Moni are listed on Verbal Commits as the same position as Josh. Plus, odds are he chases the title of D1 as most do, but would be pretty awesome to see him join his brothers at Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Though position can certainly be interchangeable, Trey and Moni are listed on Verbal Commits as the same position as Josh. Plus, odds are he chases the title of D1 as most do, but would be pretty awesome to see him join his brothers at Northern.
      As long as they are athletic and have a decent shot, it is impossible to have too many wing players between 6'4" and 6'9". There is always room on the court for those type of players. But I would agree and expect Streit to give a hard look at his various D1 options, even though the D2 level can be a more enjoyable experience for a lot of student athletes (as I'm sure most on this board would agree with).

Comment

Who knows how players games and bodies evolve In college, moni likely a 4/5 in future...trey appears to be more of a 2/3. Very different players in my opinion.

Comment

Mavs sign another Willingham from Waseca.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2020/1...ball-team.aspx

Comment

Winona's group

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...021-class.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Obviously, time will tell how these guys develop, but it's great to see some bigs in this class.

On a side note, am I just old and out of touch, or is a player scoring 4,000 points in a high school career a bonkers amount of points?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Obviously, time will tell how these guys develop, but it's great to see some bigs in this class.

On a side note, am I just old and out of touch, or is a player scoring 4,000 points in a high school career a bonkers amount of points?
                I'm so old I remember when it was a huge deal to score 1,000 in a career. No three point line, four 8 minute quarters instead of 18 minute halves, 18 game regular season instead of what, 26? And in one class basketball a lot of smaller schools would get knocked off early in the playoffs- now with four classes you can last longer. Kids playing year around gives them more experience. Up tempo play. The scoring records aren't the same anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm so old I remember when it was a huge deal to score 1,000 in a career. No three point line, four 8 minute quarters instead of 18 minute halves, 18 game regular season instead of what, 26? And in one class basketball a lot of smaller schools would get knocked off early in the playoffs- now with four classes you can last longer. Kids playing year around gives them more experience. Up tempo play. The scoring records aren't the same anymore.
                  I am with you. I remember 1,000 point scorers being something that were celebrated. You're right, though. With the expanded schedules and such, big points are possible. That number just jumped out as insanely high.

Comment

I am with you. I remember 1,000 point scorers being something that were celebrated. You're right, though. With the expanded schedules and such, big points are possible. That number just jumped out as insanely high.
                    When I was coaching I brought up an 8th grader to be point guard. Never heard a bad word about it. Talked to my four senior girls and asked which one wanted to play point. None of them did and were relieved at my decision. When I was in HS it was a big deal for a sophomore on varsity- and a freshman was unheard of! Now I see 7th graders playing varsity.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Kind of like the 1,000 yard rusher in football. Still means something but nothing like it used to.

Comment

You absolutely see more scorers than you used to, but 1.000 points is still pretty impressive.

THIS KID ALREADY HAS 4,000 AND HE HASN'T PLAYED HIS SENIOR SEASON YET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought for sure it had to be a typo because that is bonkers. Assuming he has played since 7th grade, and assuming his team has played 30 games every season that is an average of at least 26.7 ppg. That's nuts!

Comment

dragon recruits:

https://www.msumdragons.com/news/202...asketball.aspx

Comment

Northern signed 2

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2020/11/1...gning-day.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

You absolutely see more scorers than you used to, but 1.000 points is still pretty impressive.

THIS KID ALREADY HAS 4,000 AND HE HASN'T PLAYED HIS SENIOR SEASON YET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought for sure it had to be a typo because that is bonkers. Assuming he has played since 7th grade, and assuming his team has played 30 games every season that is an average of at least 26.7 ppg. That's nuts!
                              Your reaction was the same as mine. It's a crazy amount of points and felt like a typo to me. But it's not.

Comment

Your reaction was the same as mine. It's a crazy amount of points and felt like a typo to me. But it's not.
                                And just think, if he gets another full season and just coasts he will end up with over 5,000. With 30 games, 1,000 points is over 33 per game. Doesn't hold a candle to Pete Maravich though, as the Pistol averaged 44.2 points per game over three years at LSU (freshman were not allowed to play varsity then either).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X